Worst 'advice' you've ever gotten

Options
MsChrissyAnn
MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
You know the kind. Every Aunt, friend, cousin, and even random strangers know exactly what you need to do to have a baby. What's the worst of the worst you have gotten? Least favorite? How did you deal with said advice?

Replies

• NikaChartrand
    NikaChartrand Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Worst advice I've ever gotten is "You're so young! You have plenty of time to worry about having a baby!" I'm 21 with severe PCOS. I really don't have 'plenty of time' to worry about having a baby because getting my weight down to a safe one to carry a child takes up most of that time. I dealt with it usually by saying that they're right just to shut them up but one time someone said it, I snapped and told them I didn't because of medical conditions and that they didn't know what they were talking about. They shut up pretty quickly.
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I've gotten that one too... like 3yrs ago but now that I've hit the big 3-0 people are reminding me that my clock is ticking. (Eye roll here)

The worst for me is the "Just relax" no sorry Aunt Donna, you dont just relax away a disease, you go to the doc. It's is a medical thing.

My fam is also very religious so I get "All in God's time" alot too... which i know is supposed to give me comfort. Its not in my hands he'll take care of me blah blah blah... it just makes me wanna yell at him...