IF 18 1/2 hours and still going

Options
Jacqgh777
Jacqgh777 Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Have not been hungry and the fast has been easy but I can now feel that I am starting to get hungry. I’ll be eating at 19 hours and ending my fast for today. Nice ribeye and a huge salad!! :-)

Replies

• Jacqgh777
    Options
    Great day! Unreal how I was so full of energy and clarity today!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    What is the intended benefit to fasting for you? I've really only fasted once in the last many years and it was a "sympathy fast" :) with my husband who had to fast in February for a routine exam. It ended up being 43 hours. He said he'd do a little better scheduling for the 2021 exam. LOL. I was disappointed I didn't even drop a couple pounds of water weight.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    What is the intended benefit to fasting for you? I've really only fasted once in the last many years and it was a "sympathy fast" :) with my husband who had to fast in February for a routine exam. It ended up being 43 hours. He said he'd do a little better scheduling for the 2021 exam. LOL. I was disappointed I didn't even drop a couple pounds of water weight.

For me, it’s gives me such clarity, focus, energy, helps with my inflammation (autoimmune issues), acheieve autophagy, and more benefits, etc.

If I lose weight - that’s an added benefit. I literally was not hungry until I was almost home today. Last thing I ate prior was a boiled egg lastnight at 10:30 pm.

My brother is on 51 hours now.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I fast out of pure laziness sometimes LOL! 1 meal a day is just SO convenient
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    I fast out of pure laziness sometimes LOL! 1 meal a day is just SO convenient
    @cgcrutch Now that’s honesty, LOL! Have an awesome day
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I do 24hr fasts here and there to remind my body/brain that it functions just fine with no food. My typical is a 20/4 schedule and I love how I have no hunger or cravings. If I start the day with breakfast or even cream in my coffee I am “hungry” all day. Plus, only messing up the kitchen once a day is awesome!!

It is interesting to find what works for each individual. It sounds like you are listening to your body well!
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I finished a 36 hr this morning. Was the first time I went that long. I do it to help reverse my type 2.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    Thank you and congrats!! I did a 24 hr yesterday lol. I just wasn’t hungry and love the clarity it gives me
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    I do 24hr fasts here and there to remind my body/brain that it functions just fine with no food. My typical is a 20/4 schedule and I love how I have no hunger or cravings. If I start the day with breakfast or even cream in my coffee I am “hungry” all day. Plus, only messing up the kitchen once a day is awesome!!

It is interesting to find what works for each individual. It sounds like you are listening to your body well!
    @youngmomtaz we sound alike!! I feel the same way 100%!

• ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    He benefit of fasting on Keto for me has been to learn what real hunger feels like. It turns out I am rarely hungry, I’m just having head hunger. It is teaching me how to intuitively eat. Love that lots of people are discovering it at the same time I am. Why didn’t I do this years ago?
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you don’t already you should follow @voodooqueene on YouTube. She has some great info
  • abarrera915
    abarrera915 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My current fasting window is 5pm until 12pm the next day. By that time my stomach is making lots of noises demanding food. Water helps, but I do know I am hungry.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    He benefit of fasting on Keto for me has been to learn what real hunger feels like. It turns out I am rarely hungry, I’m just having head hunger. It is teaching me how to intuitively eat. Love that lots of people are discovering it at the same time I am. Why didn’t I do this years ago?

This was a revelation with me too, in a sense. I wasn't fasting but the year I switched to keto (which happened to be in maintenance) I was suddenly not hungry 24/7. I had struggled with hunger for 18 months trying to maintain before LCHF. The "not hungry" experience has really helped me to see that I ate many times out of sheer habit. I was able to catch myself habitually going to the refrigerator, peering in to find something to eat and had to say "STOP, I'm not even hungry. Why am I doing this?" Habit. :/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm consistently jealous of y'all's ability to fast. Having no gallbladder leads to straight bile BM's that become major bathroom drama and pain, etc.

I wonder if anyone has successfully fasted extended without a gallbladder... I'd love research and tips if anyone knows them.

I definitely miss the clarity boost once you hit that ketone stride within a fast.
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I'm consistently jealous of y'all's ability to fast. Having no gallbladder leads to straight bile BM's that become major bathroom drama and pain, etc.

I wonder if anyone has successfully fasted extended without a gallbladder... I'd love research and tips if anyone knows them.

I definitely miss the clarity boost once you hit that ketone stride within a fast.

@KnitOrMiss - check this out
    https://youtu.be/y3dTMLPPnPQ
  • Jacqgh777
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss - I have his book on hormone types. Let me read what it says about no gallbladder and IF.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Jacqgh777

I did keto hard for about 18 months...but after 3 months my thyroid took a nosedive. I'm still fighting back from that...

What's craziest to me is every time I take his body type quiz, I still come back Adrenal first!!!

I wish I could afford his resources (books, etc.) or a functional doctor anywhere near here...
  • Jacqgh777
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I came back adrenal and thyroid and you can be a combo of both. I am sorry to hear about your thyroid. I hope it is getting better.