Beginning keto low carb tomorrow ...

Options

Replies

• MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 109 and loving every minute of it!! Keto has literally changed my life. I've dropped 53 pounds and over 26" since Nov 10, 2017. Keep it simple, don't try to over think things and just let it flow. For you that are just starting, if I can do this, anyone can. You got this!!

Thanks for the inspiring words! I am trying to live your words exactly. I am trying my best to stay between 20-25 net carbs per day. I am 6'2'' (I am a tall woman :) ) The Atkins Net Carb counter allowed me up to 22 net carbs. I hope my net carb intake is not too high (I am trying to not be concerned). I started water aerobics this week to get myself accumulated with physical fitness again. I think adding exercise will help me in my net carb count.
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    kyunda wrote: »
    Hi I’m looking to keto. How do I calculate my macro and are certain foods (other than carbs) off limits?

Thanks!
    Go to YouTube, look up Dr.Eric Westman and Dr . KenDBerryMD. This will be your ultimate start/guide with Keto lifestyle. Also check out the YouTube channel, "Butter will make your pants fall off." Links are below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/butterbobbriggs

https://www.youtube.com/user/KenDBerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZsfluh0Uo&t=3s
  • sallyann8
    sallyann8 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :):)
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    sallyann8 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyFVWwzgJI

Dr. Eric Berg, other great information on Keto!
  • sallyann8
    Options
    really liked both of these, some great tips and easy to understand information :)
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Just watched it. Really good.

Is anyone here doing one meal per day?
  • cldubois0522
    cldubois0522 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. i am new to keto. i have been on Keto 1 month and lost 12 pounds. So far so good.
  • anelyaG
    Options
    @cldubois0522 hi! Good luck!
    I started on January 8, and lost 28lb. Now I am just maintaining my weight
  • Kristyz26
    Kristyz26 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello from Canada! I just started keto this past weekend, loving it so far. There is so much to learn, I am a huge fan of Keto Connect. Where do all of you turn to for good info?

Send me a friend request if you want to encourage each other with this lifestyle. :wink:
  • dianaazp
    dianaazp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys started my Keto journey 3 days ago.... I’m excited to see results!!! New at it all ... goal is lose 40-50 lbs... add me if you guys want need some support to stay on track
  • kaykayron
    kaykayron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello.. I started Keto about 2 weeks ago.. or at least giving a great effort as I try and figure it out. Feeling great. Playing around with MFP too..
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    anelyaG wrote: »

Just watched it. Really good.

Is anyone here doing one meal per day?

No, I am not that advanced yet. Because this is only week two for me, I am just learning and allowing my body to respond to what I have been feeding it, which is usually two meals a day, sometimes I must snack if I feel hypoglycemic. I can say, I am starting to feel better because last week, I struggled with mental clarity (my menstrual cycle was on too which exacerbates the whole issue too).

I can feel my body trying to transition into my new diet. I am thrilled with myself that I have not had any non-keto approved foods in two weeks, such as, potatoes, My favorite sweet potatoes, or any potato chips (my all time go-to-food) or any sweets!

I have not checked to see if I am in true ketosis...I will soon and let y'all know the verdict.

Things I have noticed within two weeks:
    - No more bloating after I eat, and my stomach does not hurt (unless I eat to much cheese...lactose intolerant)
    - I am fuller longer and satisfied
    - I am not as sleepy after I eat like I used to be (due to higher amounts of carbohydrates)
    - I am eating more vegetables than I have in months! :)
    - I feel happy because I know I am trying to better my health.
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    really liked both of these, some great tips and easy to understand information :)

Ms.Sally,

These 3 physicians use 3 different methods of a Keto/LCHF diet. I like all 3 of them. However, who I can relate to the most is Dr.KenDBerry. I am using suggestions from all of them to train myself in eating this way, hopefully for the rest of my life. I think month by month I will tweak and figure things out as I go along in my LCHF diet. Especially, if I am not loosing the weight and not feeling great.

I took Dr.KenDBerry's advice and purchased some of the supplements he suggests to take (see video link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UCErTNNVXU

I like Ole Butter Bob too! ;)

Glad you watched the video links! They sum of the Keto/LCHF without all the confusion.
  • MIssnewme9211
    Options
    Kristyz26 wrote: »
    Hello from Canada! I just started keto this past weekend, loving it so far. There is so much to learn, I am a huge fan of Keto Connect. Where do all of you turn to for good info?

Send me a friend request if you want to encourage each other with this lifestyle. :wink:

I like Keto Connect too...I use them for food advice mostly. However, I use multiple resources to help me in my journey. See all of the posted links above (YouTube videos).
  • sallyann8
    Options
    Missnewme, I've begun taking vitamin D and magnesium, but will watch this video, I like Dr. Berry best too. thanks for posting theses links it really helps!! :):)
  • anelyaG
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @MIssnewme9211

When I realized that I feel fuller longer by having less on my plate that was a mindblowing realization for me!
    That's amazing that you feel the results after 2 weeks.

• MsPopRouge
    MsPopRouge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Restarting for the final big swoosh. I’ve lost just over 100lbs, maintained that loss since 2013 but stopped short of goal. Now I’m ready to tackle the last, and hardest 20. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can cheer each other on.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and not lost anything at all, not even the water weight. Did think monthly cycle could have been the issue last week but not seen any progress this week either.
    I am finding that I feel full on less so something is working.
    Measuring food and tracking carbs etc so no idea what is going wrong
  • anelyaG
    Options
    @jonnyman41 - not seeing any change could be discouraging. Do you do any physical activity on top of the diet? Are you in ketosis?
  • bell1973
    bell1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing on low carb until I get used to the change and working in to true Keto. Lost 9lbs in 3 weeks so far! I need to get my BP down and doctor says weight loss is key. I also saw low carb benefits for BP as well.