What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
How are you doing with this month's challenge?

Here's where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am back! I have made some good headway since New Years, got involved with some other challenges, tightened my belt by a few more notches and am now ready for the steadiness if the UAC. I will start logging here on Thursday, and fully intend to log every day in March. Great group of people here!!
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like we should explain that Woo is actually a negative vote.
    Just seen people being wooed for staying on diet and someone even for buying a sled for her child. :s What?
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I think since mfp removed awesome some people use it as a sort of woo hoo cheer? I'm not offended if I get a woo as I don't think the lovely UACers intend it in a negative way. :)
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    The wind is so strong here that it's making me anxious, which makes me want to eat. Apparently, my body thinks eating cookies will make the wind die down! (I don't have any cookies in the house, which is a good thing today.)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Yikes
    Good to know that "woo" is not a good thing - I thought it was a more enthusiastic thumbs up like a cheer. Sorry if anyone thought I was pouting down their posts when I was really liking them.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    At least ❤ hug is clear! Thanks @w8goal4life for your spirit and support. This really is a great crew.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    This morning is just confirming that when I don’t get enough sleep I just want to eat the next day. Two nights in a row of crazy wind from that nor’easter and a white knuckle drive home almost did me in. Thankful for air popped popcorn as a healthy snack!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Sunset Tomoka State Park on the Halifax River in Ormond Beach FL.a2hi7xa2qwvv.jpeg
    8446amjc4dhh.jpeg
    hj2b96089l61.jpeg
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Leisurely walk this AM to visit Chief Tomokie at Tomoka State Park. No logging and no tracking...did get some exercise, though.5zjfovsm7zy2.jpeg
    xopvd3uwkm19.jpeg
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to have to take a pass on exercise today, which would have been my first no-exercise day since February 1. I'll admit, it scared me. I've been in such a good groove that I probably am irrationally afraid of losing my grip on my routine. I was able to exercise, but the fear is still there. I'll have to unpack what I think I'm really afraid of.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Haven't been tracking or logging. Thought I would report in with a couple more pics. Have been doing a fair amounf of trail/beach walking in FL. Following pics are St George Island State Park.
    hzao8jf9ucji.jpeg
    s5rvum3f3s34.jpeg
    3ofino6egklq.jpeg
    Looking forward to my return to UAC...but NOT to the snow in upstate NY!

Great pics!!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options

I don’t think woo is negative! It’s like wooo what a day or wooo way to go..I don’t think mfp would put something negative on a forum board.
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    Looks to me like we should explain that Woo is actually a negative vote.
    Just seen people being wooed for staying on diet and someone even for buying a sled for her child. :s What?

• lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I’ve not been checking in daily since I hit my third pass this month, but I have been consciously making decisions on every bite and making time for exercise. I think I’m not able to commit to checking in every day every month, so maybe I am a month on month off kind of person! Who knows, we’ll see how April goes!

I wore my HRM while gardening yesterday ... burn 1400 cals doing about 4 hours in the garden! Yeowzas! That would explain why I am tired this morning!

Keep up the awesome work everyone :)
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    lemmyhead wrote: »
    I’ve not been checking in daily since I hit my third pass this month, but I have been consciously making decisions on every bite and making time for exercise. I think I’m not able to commit to checking in every day every month, so maybe I am a month on month off kind of person! Who knows, we’ll see how April goes!

I wore my HRM while gardening yesterday ... burn 1400 cals doing about 4 hours in the garden! Yeowzas! That would explain why I am tired this morning!

Keep up the awesome work everyone :)

I completely get this! One day I think I can do this and the next it seems overwhelming. Way to go on the gardening! Here in Wisconsin it may be the first day of spring, but it's not going to get out of the 30's!