Keto breakfast ideas other than eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share their chia pudding recipe links?

I haven't made many, but here is what I have....

Coffee Chia Pudding: https://nutritionistmeetschef.com/coffee-chia-pudding/ I used a few drops of English Toffee Stevia instead of syrup and substituted heavy cream for the milk. Next time, I would use less cream, more coffee.

Really basic: https://lowcarbyum.com/simple-chia-seed-vanilla-pudding/

I often make very small servings (I call them belly shots) using plain kefir (75 ml), chia seeds (2 tbsp), a few drops of stevia and maybe a few raspberries or blueberries. I have one every day when I'm experiencing gut issues.

@kimberwolf71 - I don't know why it never occurred to me to do that with kefir, even though I have some at home... What is the texture of your belly shots? My chia pudding was always like a less firm tapioca...
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss the belly shots, as well as other puddings I have made are usually quite thick. Almost gelatinous... which could easily be changed by reducing chia or increasing liquid.

The coffee chia I linked above is almost TOO thick for me (using HWC), but I struggle with the consistency of any pudding even though I enjoy the flavour.
  • ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tuna or egg salad made with dill pickles Have been using dill pickles for ages, ever since I got type 2 d.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    keto meatloaf. its what i'll be having for breakfast.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I make Keto pancakes often and they are amazing! 2 eggs, 1 tbsp each of: almond flour, coconut flour, cream cheese, 1/2 tsp baking powder and cinnamon and stevia to taste. Whisk it up and it makes a truly pancake like breakfast. You can top with a little butter, too!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Sausage or bacon or ham?

Usually I just drink coffee for breakfast - I put sucralose and cinnamon in it for taste, but trying to cut back on those things.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Bacon and and sliced avocado, cup of bouillion.
  • KetoKasey
    KetoKasey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zesty Cheddar Biscuits are great for breakfast. You can find the recipe on Ruled.Me. Very easy, and they reheat well in the microwave. I usually add bacon, sausage or ham. Very filling.