Non-boring chicken recipes?

2»

Replies

• Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    I hate the name for this, but it's literally so good. I made it tonight!

http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/comment-page-30/

I just noticed you don't like mustard, but maybe someone else might find this useful lol
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Anon2018 wrote: »
    I hate the name for this, but it's literally so good. I made it tonight!

http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/comment-page-30/

I just noticed you don't like mustard, but maybe someone else might find this useful lol

Well, it would please my man because he does like mustard! Haha :p
  • grumma16
    grumma16 Posts: 1 Member
    An easy one..... dice about 2 cups preferred vegs into your casserole dish (or hot pot); add 1 cup pasta; diced chicken breast/s and cover all with a can of crushed tomatoes. Bake about 45 mins in moderate oven. If preferred, add grated cheese or serve sprinkled with cheese.

Alternatively, use a can of preferred soup (chicken, onion or potato & leeks) instead of tomatoes.
  • sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    Made this delicious recipe tonight - uses ground chicken and Whole Wheat Egg Noodles - just google Chicken Marsala Meatballs by Skinnytaste !!
    l7hr4zbp1bat.jpg36a5ana5krdx.jpg
  • before58
    before58 Posts: 10 Member
    Bump
  • queensroe51
    queensroe51 Posts: 3 Member
    bump
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Made a chicken chili
  • bglasgow15
    bglasgow15 Posts: 5 Member
    Chicken Ramen made with Shirataki Noodles.
    -4 c Chicken broth,
    -2 cloves minced garlic, to taste
    -2 tsp grated fresh ginger, to taste
    -2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    -1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (health food section, or sometimes just near the soy sauce). Tastes very similar to soy sauce but without the carbs.

-cooked, sliced chicken (I prefer thighs), or meat of your choice. Pork is good, too.
    -Veggies (cooked or raw, your choice) that you like/prefer. Some include shredded bok choy or napa cabbage, radishes, mushrooms (leave them out since you don't like them), green onions, broccoli, green pea pods...whatever you like.
    -Shirataki noodles (I find them at the grocery store in the refrigerated produce section, usually close to egg roll wrappers. I don't like the smell of Shirataki noodles when you first open the package, so I open them over the sink and dump them into a colander while running water over them. Then I sear them off on a hot pan with some salt and herbs to match the dish.
    -Soft-boiled eggs, at least one for each serving.

Briefly saute garlic and ginger in a large pot. Do not brown. Add broth and coconut aminos together. Prepare all other ingredients. Put noodles in a large bowl, cover with broth, and add in toppings as you choose. Top with a soft boiled egg cut in half. Eat with chopsticks.

This took me longer to type than it would to cook. It goes together pretty quick, especially if you use pre-cut veggies and leftover meat. I often will cook too much meat and save leftovers for this dish.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    I did a slimming world recipe for fakeaway KFC last night and It wasn't too shabby.
    500 g Frozen Chicken Breasts
    100 g, Plain Couscous
    1 Chicken Stock Cube
    1 egg
    1 Cal Spray
    0.25 tsp - 2.5g, Dry Mustard Powder
    1/2 tsp, celery/garlic salt
    1 tsp, Spices, pepper, red or cayenne
    1 teaspoon, Ground Cumin

1 Add dry Ingredients to couscous (alter to your own spicy taste)
    2 Cover mix with boiling water and leave to soak It up.
    3 Whisk the egg and add to mix ( you may not need all of the egg)
    4 Put baking parchment on a baking tray or spray with Frylight.
    5 Coat chicken with couscous mix (can get a bit messy but persevere)
    6 Cook 35 to 40 mins at 180° till crispy and at nice colour.

I served mine with sweet jacket potato and salad........yum yum...Enjoy!
  • teacherspet1
    Forgot to say......It serves 4 at 206 calories per person.....
  • teacherspet1
    Oh and darlin', if you want quick and easy, this is it ... PARMESAN CHICKEN

Ingredients
    1 boneless, skinless, chicken breast
    1tsp. of dijon mustard
    2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
    cooking spray

Directions
    - Brush the chicken with the dijon mustard evenly on both sides.
    - Pat cheese onto chicken to make a crust.
    - Place on a baking sheet and spray lightly with the cooking spray ( this will help make it golden brown and crusty).
    - Bake at 375 for 20 to 30 min... depending on your oven and the size of your chicken breast. Makes 1 serving.

fxb10j9guo7g.jpg

Will definitely be trying this recipe........thanks
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    My husband likes to simmer chicken in salsa or paprikash sauce. It usually turns out pretty tasty.
  • Eastyorkian
    Eastyorkian Posts: 8 Member
    Baked chicken with an Arabic Seven Spices mix. Cumin, paprika, coriander, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and black pepper (also, often a pinch of cardamom). Whenever I make this, as I did last night, my husband raves about how good the house smells. There is also a Lebanese version which is a bit different: nutmeg, ginger, allspice, fenugreek, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper.

I just marinate the chicken pieces in a few tbsps of oil and spices and bake at 400 F for approx. 50-60 minutes. Depends on the doneness you prefer.

This goes well with strained yogurt tzaziki and a salad. Also pita bread or rice.
  • Eastyorkian
    Eastyorkian Posts: 8 Member
    Another favorite is a dish my friend introduced me to: Peanut Chicken.

Cut some skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs into bite-sized pieces and brown in a skillet or deeper pot. Add half a cabbage, half an onion and sautée until soft. Then, add 2 carrots cut into medallions. Season with salt and pepper and then add 2-3 Tbsps peanut butter and enough water to cover all the ingredients. Let simmer 15-20 minutes until carrots are cooked through. You can thicken the sauce and serve over basmati rice or as a stew, or choose not to thicken and eat as is.
  • tbaira317
    tbaira317 Posts: 1 Member
    Tomato Pesto Chicken

This is a super easy recipe that is a family favorite.

Ingredients:
    2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
    1 14 oz can of tomato sauce (I like Hunts)
    1/4 cup of pesto sauce
    Rice of choice, cooked
    Veggie of choice

Clean chicken and place in baking dish. I cut the breasts in half for better portioning. Mix tomato sauce and pesto sauce and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins depending on cut of chicken. Remove chicken and scrape remaining sauce into a bowl.

I serve this with rice and green beans and sometimes a salad if my kids happen to add a friend and I need to stretch the meal ;)

My kids mix everything together and add more sauce before digging in.
  • PreciousGems1
    PreciousGems1 Posts: 27 Member
    I put any meat in the crock pot cover it w/ water and Mrs. Dash. Cook on high 4 hrs or low 6 and then "doctor" it up. Canned tomato - sauce or any flavor diced or whole/ canned cream soup, LF/NF or figure the fat in if I am eating extra lean that day, ANY frozen vegetables [lean towards zucc, brocc, etc for italian, mixed w/chinese, corn/beans for mexican, etc] and then 1 hr on high and it is done. **If you work from home, you can do the low cooking overnight, put frozen veg in [will help cool the crock] and put cooled crock in fridge. When you get home from work, nuke it and veg cooks in that delicious broth! Cook any rice side dish, potato or noodle that is in your food plan and you have a 3 course meal. ENJOY!