Introduce Yourself!

Options
Parthus02
Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
My hubby and I just found out we are expecting. This will be our first and we are due in November. I've searched for groups of mommies who were still active while pregnant and haven't found many. I intend to keep working out as long as I am able during my pregnancy as my OB says that's recommended. Will avoid things like sit ups and avoid anything on my back as soon as I hit my second trimester. I wanted to start a group to encourage anyone else in the same boat who wants to remain fit and healthy during their pregnancy and make sure the pregnancy weight gain doesn't get out of control!

Replies

• MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I’m also pregnant and looking for a group!
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im preggers too need a group asap
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Me too! @Parthus02 did you end up creating group? Do you want me to? I was thinking, check in once a week, share how many weeks we all are, ups and downs, etc. I love your idea! Add me please!
  • Parthus02
    Options
    I see you already joined the group @artbyrachelh! And I love the idea for a weekly report. I'll start a new discussion thread.
  • Parthus02
    Options
    @jesscutedol please feel free to join this group!
  • jesscutedol
    jesscutedol Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds so far im only 8 weeks along. Eating 1500 to 2200 calories daily with a walk of 60 min during lunch at a leisurely strength. Candy once a week even if its so very hard to stay away from jelly tots
  • etdurbin
    etdurbin Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi. I am Due Oct 15th pregnant with my 6th child and have type 2 diabetes that was developed after i had gestational diabetes with my 4th child. I am watching what i eat and try to get up and work but so hard after having 5 kids at home. So any suggestions i can get to stay active with a very busy lifestyle is great. I am looking for support in maintaining my weight and being the best mom and mom to be i can. if anyone needs insights to a life of a mom i will love to give out, as my oldest is going to be 17 this year.
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    I have 6! My oldest just turned 16 three days ago. The struggles with fatigue is real. Do you nap? 20 minute naps can help. P.S. My maiden name was Durbin!
  • Talleah91
    Talleah91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m due the end of October and was looking for a group just like this to help me stay on track! My weight has been all over the place in the first 2 months which I am assuming is mostly water but it still terrifies me!
  • Parthus02
    Options
    Hi ladies, Welcome!
  • bduhaime100
    bduhaime100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi guys!! so happy to have found this thread! I am trying to track now that the morning sickness has subsided. Prior to that all bets were off. I'm 25ish weeks (i'll be 26 on Sunday) and just trying to keep it around 2,000 per day with lots of protein and minimizing sugar (although tbh i'm not doing as well with that). If you truly look at my pre-pregnancy weight and not what the doctor has written down from my 8 week appointment then i have already gained 30lbs so I'm reallllly trying to watch it and not gain a pound more than I have to from this point on! It calms my anxiety to track!!
  • mere623
    mere623 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm pregnant with my fourth and am TRYING to not gain too much more weight! I'm already almost to my final weight I hit with my last three kids when they were born and I still have 21 more weeks to go :(
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    I can totally relate! It's very normal. It can be stressful, but hopefully you'll be able to stay active, and after all, you'll lose it all after you have your baby!
  • LinzMargaret
    LinzMargaret Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm due August 25. I ran a half marathon about 2 weeks before I got pregnant, but first trimester, I was constantly nauseated and could only eat carbs, and I could barely exercise. Once that passed, I was able to start working out again, but started craving bacon cheeseburgers and french fries and ice cream! I'm trying to gain at a healthy pace and follow a healthy diet! So far I'm 20 weeks and about 15 pounds up :s

At first I thought, and people told me, that pregnancy is a free ticket to eat anything and everything you want. I realize I'll gain more weight, I just want to do it more healthfully!
  • allisontoomey
    allisontoomey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!!! I am due November 20th and just now 8 weeks along. I know that it is soon to be posting but we have had several losses (no reason why) and I would like to avoid gaining weight as much as possible. Due to our losses I really stopped caring about my body for the last year or so. I was just getting ready to re-join cross-fit and got a positive test. So here I am weighing more than I did when I delivered my now 3 year old. I have gained (prior to this pregnancy) about 50 lbs in 2 years which is disgusting!!! Hope to find some inspiration in this group :)
  • jesstaylor1186
    jesstaylor1186 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant - due 9/22! I have no clue how to use MFP for my pregnancy lol. According to my BMI, 30.3, I have just barely crossed into the "obese" category. I've spoken to my doctor about what my healthy weight gain should be for this baby and was advised that as long as my belly and baby are clearly growing and I am eating healthy and appropriately physically active that it's ok if my weight fluctuates due to healthy weight loss, as long as it's not due to dieting and it's just from me being healthy. So that being said... I've been given the OK to only gain about 11 pounds. How do I set up my MFP appropriately?
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Hi, Jess! Congratulations! I'm no expert by any means, but I'm pretty sure you can set your calories at "maintenance". Do you have an idea how many calories you eat to maintain weight? You could just pull a number out of the air, try for a week and reevaluate based on how you felt. Maybe some other moms could chime in. I'm basically trying to be at 1700-1900 a day. This varies day to day, but at least it's something to aim for. And honestly, I've never tracked calories during pregnancy before, I've always eaten whatever I wanted and weight gain was all over the place, 30, 19, 25, 40, 50, 17. I'm expecting #7, due November 21!
  • jesstaylor1186
    jesstaylor1186 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @artbyrachelh I basically just set my weight goal to "gain .5 lb every week" which should help me get to my recommended gain of 11-15 pounds overall. And I just let My Fitness Pal auto-set it for me and then I adjusted the macronutrients according to the recommended amounts by a few different websites (may clinic, american pregnancy.org, authority nutrition, etc). Toward the end I think it'll be more like 1 pound a week anyway. I'm in week 16 and haven't gained more than 2 pounds since finding out I was pregnant (those 2 pounds fluctuate back and forth which my doctor said was OK since I have so much leftover from #1 - haha!) And technically a normal pregnancy would have apparently gained several pounds at this point.

CONGRATS on #7!! That's amazing! Oh, and November 21st is my husband's birthday! haha :)
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, just wanted to give a quick intro. My name is Ellie. I'm 28 and I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and my husband's first. Our daughter is 9 so it's been quite a while since I've been pregnant (I say "our" because he really has taken her on as his own :) ). My first pregnancy I was young and dumb and ate whatever and how much ever I wanted without ever even thinking about it. This pregnancy, 10 years later, I am a different woman. Over the past 4 years I have learned to eat right, and get some movement in. I have lost 25 lbs and kept it off. So, this time around, I am tracking my weight, calories, and exercising on my recumbent bike for 35 minutes at least 4x a week. I am hoping to stay on track so that after the baby is born I can get into the best shape of my life (which was my goal this year before I found out I was pregnant lol) and start getting acquainted with lifting weights.

I would love to have more MFP friends that were also going along on the pregnancy journey - it definitely helps to stay motivated! Currently everyone on my friends list is losing weight while my weight is going up haha. I'd love to see workouts from other mama's, see food diaries etc. So please, feel free to add me!! :)
  • sunnyhike58
    sunnyhike58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join? :) I'm 6 weeks along due December 20. Last pregnancy I gained 60 lbs with my first then only lost 20 of that. Breastfeeding did not melt everything away like they said, LOL. Technically my BMI is 30.5 but my doctor just said "don't eat junk" and it'll be fine. It wasn't quite the detailed plan I was hoping for. I'm a bit scared of gaining a lot of weight again. I am getting back into running after 6 months of fast walks and PT for a ruptured lumbar disc. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!