Running?

Options
2»

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    as I've done a b-jillion times before... I HIGHLY recommend Darebee.com for running (and other exercise) programs.
    https://darebee.com/running/from-walking-to-running.html this will build you up slowly, giving you a proper workout/rest days, as well as adding sprints to build some speed and heart muscle. I used their programs to go from walking to running, to 5k, to 10k
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @anbrdr thanks for this..will look at that site today. How have you been Tony?
  • barefootot
    barefootot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am wanting to run a 5K this spring.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 one thing that I HIGHLY recommend is kinesiology tape, specifically Rock Tape. It can help get the blood flowing and aid in recovery. It's been a blessing for my groin strain and I recently taped my daughter's knee to help finally and completely heal an injury she sustained back in October. Her knee looks better than it has since before she went down. The packaging comes with instructions on how to tape for pretty much any injury including PF, knee pain and hip pain. I would give that a try and see how you like it!

As far as sports bras go, I've found my favorite at Victoria's Secret/Victoria Sport - The Total Knockout Front-Close. It's an underwire within a sports bra. A bra-within-a-bra and it's amazing! Provides the best support!

Treadmill - try just using the manual setting so that you're in constant control of the speed and incline. You should be able to pause at will.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    I going to ask the delicate question here, which does not or may not apply to the men. What brand of sports bra do you use? I still have the girls 32DDD so a good support bra is very critical to me. I have a Wacoal and a Natori bra that I currently use for the gym which controls the bounce for a slow jog at 4mph. My preference is an underwire bra. I usually shop at Nordstrom's because I can return the bra if it doesn't fit my needs. Any advice is appreciated.

Total Knockout Front-Close Sports Bra by Victoria Sport/Victoria's Secret. I love it!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @CatchMom13 thanks! Will look into that tape - going to an ortho next week and I may be getting a steroid shot. Steroid pills didn’t do anything, and anxious about it
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Paso Robles Wine Country Half Marathon today. So excited I can't sleep! My second Half and my 46th birthday to boot. PR 2:08:40. That's the time to beat!
  • JamesAztec
    Options
    Below is link to my race pics. That's what a 3 year post op bariatric looks like running a Half-Marathon after a 200+lb weight loss. New PR! 2hr 2min 20sec

https://captivatingsportsphotos.shootproof.com/gallery/18winecountryhalf/search?q=573
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Heck yeah, great job
  • JamesAztec
    Options

I ran consecutive 5k, 10k, and half marathon trail races today for a total of 22.4

Um... AWESOME! Especially on trails. I'm doing four 5k's today. Excited and nervous!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    what the French, toast?! Those are both amazing feats!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Not quite to marathon levels yet, but I can chase my 4 year old son when he takes off from me. It’s great to be able to run after him now.

I started jogging 2 laps around the track 4 days a week instead of just 2 days. I can see so much improvement over the last few weeks. It’s awesome.

• anbrdr
    Options
    yass, back to 5k ability!!! Only now, my run area (roads near work) are insanely hilly. Slower to run, but I can feel the leg powwwwaaarrrr
  • JamesAztec
    Options
    @anbrdr Right on! If you're running hills you're bound to go slower but like you said you're building power. I tend to judge my effort levels more than speed these days. If I'm getting out of my comfort zone then I know I'm making progress. Are you signed up for a 5k race?