Your milestones and progress - accountability

Options

Replies

• gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About Me: 27 years old, office worker).

My Starting Weight: 260 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My Ultimate Goal Weight: <150 lbs (I'm 5'4" so I will evaluate body composition after this)

My goal date for losing 100 lbs is by end of 2018
    Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week

Milestone #1: 235 lbs (by April for a trip to London - on track, only 5lbs to go in three weeks!) DONE!
    Milestone #2: 220 lbs (my next 20lbs loss and my next reward bracelet) DONE!
    Milestone #3: 199 lbs
    Milestone #4: 180 lbs (My goals tend to be in 20lb increments)

Last Check-In Weight: 211.3 lbs, 10/19
    Current Weight: 215.1 lbs, 01/02/18
    Loss between check-ins: +3.8 lbs
    Total loss: -45.0 lbs

New Year Goals: A gain of only four pounds in the two+ months I took 'off' is kind of incredible for me. I've been bouncing from 212-218 during that time, so 215 is like, great. A great starting point for this year. I was hoping to be in onederland this year, but I have to remind myself that -45lbs down isn't too bad at all! That's nearly 1lb a week. If I can repeat that performance again this year I'll be extremely happy. Starting back in with tracking food, wearing Fitbit and working out again this week. I can drop these next 15lbs no problem.

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    My Starting Weight: ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal: 260 lbs (this would put me below the 40 BMI mark for being morbidly obese or stage 3 obese)
    Milestone: 275 lbs - achieved!
    Current Weight: 274 lbs, 1/11
    Total loss: -101 lbs

What's Working: finally got the water weight and extra lb or two off from the Christmas break, and this morning I weighed in at the over 100 lbs loss mark. Of course, I then blew it today lol.....The work at the house is a 2 edge sword because on the one hand, its burning calories, but on the other, its making me really hungry! But I keep plugging along!

What Needs Work: still needing to do better at keeping to my calorie limit. I moved into my house this week, so with a fully stocked kitchen, I'm hoping I can re-establish my routine!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My goal: 260 lbs (this would put me below the 40 BMI mark for being morbidly obese or stage 3 obese)
    Milestone: 275 lbs - achieved!
    Current Weight: 274 lbs, 1/11
    Total loss: -101 lbs

What's Working: finally got the water weight and extra lb or two off from the Christmas break, and this morning I weighed in at the over 100 lbs loss mark. Of course, I then blew it today lol.....The work at the house is a 2 edge sword because on the one hand, its burning calories, but on the other, its making me really hungry! But I keep plugging along!

What Needs Work: still needing to do better at keeping to my calorie limit. I moved into my house this week, so with a fully stocked kitchen, I'm hoping I can re-establish my routine!

CONGRATS on the 100 lbs!! What an awesome way to start the new year!
  • mebelfanti
    Options
    Starting weight: 281.4 lbs (3/27/17)
    Current weight: 215.2 lbs
    Total loss: 66.2
    Loss since last check in: -2.8

Next milestone: 217 lbs - this is my college weight and one of the lowest weights I can remember as an adult
    New milestone: 199
    Goal weight: 150ish

It's been about a month since I've last checked in here. Kind of bummed that I've lost only about 3 pounds since then but I hit my last milestone and I'm really happy about that. I'm struggling getting back into my routine since Christmas vacation - getting up at 5am for the gym is so hard, I've been pretty lax about logging, and I haven't been making the best food choices. So I'm hoping posting here will help with some accountability and motivation.

Only ~15 pounds to onederland! I know if I can be consistent with diet and exercise I can get there in about 2 months.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Congratulations mebelfanti! You are looking absolutely fantastic - all your hard work is really paying off :) Best wishes to you!

I can commiserate with you, though - I think I'm just in a mental diet-fatigue; or maybe its the season. I'm having trouble sticking to my deficit. I'm not going over maintenance levels, but I'm not truly eating enough to lose anything noteworthy, and water weight is masking what is truly going on. I doubt I have a loss to report this week. But I did lose another 1/2" off my waist since November, so I'm still inching in the right direction, anyway!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Milestone: 270 lbs (5 lb increments till goal)
    Current Weight: 272.4 lbs, 1/25
    Total loss: -102.6 lbs

What's Working: getting back into my own house with my own kitchen has been a big help. Not so helpful was the extra things I bought for guests; learned my lesson there to not buy crackers or chips or things like that because I won't stay out of them myself!

What Needs Work: as always, sticking to my calorie limit is always something of a challenge. I start out well in the mornings, but evenings are always a challenge. My willpower is at its lowest, so its very difficult to avoid cravings. Some days I can find a low calorie substitute, but other days, nothing will satisfy except for the thing in question. Or I'll have room for something but end up over indulging. And then there's the urge to fudge on the calorie counts. It all just a continual work in progress!
  • mebelfanti
    Options
    Congratulations mebelfanti! You are looking absolutely fantastic - all your hard work is really paying off :) Best wishes to you!

I can commiserate with you, though - I think I'm just in a mental diet-fatigue; or maybe its the season. I'm having trouble sticking to my deficit. I'm not going over maintenance levels, but I'm not truly eating enough to lose anything noteworthy, and water weight is masking what is truly going on. I doubt I have a loss to report this week. But I did lose another 1/2" off my waist since November, so I'm still inching in the right direction, anyway!

Thanks so much bmeadows! Hopefully things are turning around for you, I definitely agree with you on diet fatigue and the season not helping anything. At least we made it through the world's longest January haha
  • mebelfanti
    Options
    Starting weight: 281.4 lbs (3/27/17)
    Current weight: 212.6 lbs
    Total loss: 68.8
    Loss since last check in: -2.6

Next milestone: 199
    Goal weight: 150ish

I took about 2 weeks off from exercise, mostly due to lack of motivation but I think my mind and body just needed a break. I stopped seeing my trainer, I figured I didn't want to pay for it if I wasn't going consistently, and I feel like such a weight has been lifted. I think I used to need the accountability of a trainer but at some point in the last month the accountability turned exercising into a chore or a lot of guilt if I slept in. So now I'm going at it on my own and so far so good.

I'm using an app called Virtuagym, if anyone is interested, and it allows you to build your own exercise program and/or use their pre-made ones for either gym or at home work outs. It's SO great. I made my own by alternating muscle groups on each day I work out and adding some cardio. So far I love it and highly recommend it. There's a free and paid version ($30/year) but I'm using the free version and don't think I need to upgrade.

Long story short, I feel like I've had a breakthrough since my last check in here. I'm hoping to see the scale move a little faster than it has been but honestly it just feels good to get through the blahness of the past few weeks.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 272.7 lbs, 1/25
    Total loss: -102.3 lbs

What's Working: Nothing right now :confused:

What Needs Work
    : everything lol I'm having a really tough time lately sticking to my calorie limit. It's starting to feel confining, and my willpower is going down the tubes. I detest exercising, and with the stress I'm dealing with at work, I'm coming home each day feeling exhausted mentally and physically and emotionally. My willpower is gone by the time I'm off work so the chances of forcing myself to exercise is non-existent, which of course adds guilt to the mix, which of course makes the stress even worse.....

I live in a rural area, it's almost dark when I get home from work, so there isn't much opportunity for outdoor exercise in the winter. That and I only have so much free time to myself when I get home after cooking dinner and cleaning up the kitchen, so the last thing my will wants to do is spend another 30-45 minutes doing another activity that it detests anyway. And I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. I've tried getting up early to exercise before going to work and yeah, that fell through really quick. My alarm is already set for 5:15 AM and I have trouble enough rolling out of bed before 6 AM to leave the house by 6:45 which still has me late for work (thank the good Lord for a flex schedule!); there's no way I'd be able to consistently force myself to get up even earlier.

*sigh* I think what I'm going to do is for now, back off on my goal and raise my calories to the 1 lb/ week loss level instead of the 2 lb/week. I hate to do that because I know my willpower is weak and I tend to eat over by 100-200 calories a day, which is why the 2lb/wk goal was working before - I was still under what I needed to lose weight. By going to the 1 lb/wk level, I have a lot less "fudge" room, but we'll see if I can do better with sticking to the limit if I raise it up some.
  • bmeadows380
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Current Weight: 273.3 lbs, 2/16
    Loss this week: +0.6 lbs (actually over the last 2 weeks)
    Total loss: -101.7 lbs

What's Working: Nothing as I am continuing to struggle

What Needs Work
    : I'm well and truly into a stall. My weight today was up by 0.5 lb from my lowest weight 2 weeks ago. It could be water weight because of *issues* but still, I haven't truly had a decent loss in quite a while and its still holding steady. I also took my 1 month measures today and nothing really has changed much. There was a small downshift in my waist measurements, but everything else had held steady since last month.

I'm trying to be patient with myself, to be reasonable with my expectations. I've lost 100 lbs since January; that's a major change to my body's physical composition! I would think that, even though I did it over a year's time, that's still a major adjustment my body needs to adapt to, especially as I've been carrying that extra weight for a long time. And I know weight loss isn't linear and it gets harder the more you lose. I really do wonder if this is my body trying to find its new equilibrium. I know I need to be patient; a few months without a loss isn't going to kill me and would actually count as a victory of sorts if I maintain during that time and don't gain, either. After all, it would be good practice for the future!

But at the same time, I can't help but be frustrated - I got used to those little thrills every week that I saw weight loss, and I have a really bad tendency to be extremely hard on myself, so one part of me really wants to hammer the other with what it considers to be a "failure". There are times that I take a step back, get a clear moment of calm to constructively analyze my thoughts and can hear the ring of falseness in those words, but most of the time the constant self-criticism and devaluing thoughts are like a constant crashing of thunder against my thoughts and reeking stormy havoc with my emotional well being.

Believe it or not, this is one of those calmer periods *crooked grin* and there is a little break in the angry gray clouds of self-criticism letting through a little blue sky of hope and pride in achievement, and reason is asserting itself for today; so here's to holding onto that practicality while it lasts! And here's to maintaining for a while until spring gets here and that warmer weather begins to inspire me to want to be outside - we had a warm spell this week and the hints of that were already making me a little antsy!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 270.5 lbs, 2/22
    Loss this week: -2.8 lbs
    Total loss: -104.5 lbs

What's Working: As always, keeping consumption down and activity up. I haven't been doing well on the 1st part, but the warmer weather and a few sunny days this week helped with the second and I've managed to get some walking in this week. And I'm very happy to see that loss this week! 0.5 lbs to lose to meet my milestone weight for this period!

What Needs Work
    : Still need to work on the consumption part - evenings are the hardest and I am starting to feel deprived. If I can get a good consistent exercise program going, even if its just walking an hour a day, I would boost my calorie goal up a little to somewhere between sedentary and light activity to compensate, but the one exercise I have the best success at getting myself to do is outside walking, but the weather really isn't conducive to that for any consistency just yet. Otherwise, I keep stumbling along! And I'm just too stubborn to quit now, no matter how much I slow down :)
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 272.5 lbs, 3/01
    Loss this week: +2 lbs
    Total loss: -102.5 lbs

What's Working: nothing at the moment. I'm feeling deprived and tired, and my will power has weakened, especially in the evenings.

What Needs Work
    : I realize that I'm probably at a point where I should probably take a diet break and focus on maintaining, especially as I am feeling deprived and am having a devil of a time sticking to my calorie limits. I just hate to do it because I really want to get to that 260 lb mark, and had wanted it by spring! I keep wanting to move forward, but for the last 2 months, I've been sloshing in place. Spring is coming, though - perhaps when springs gets here, I'll be better motivated to start adding exercise to the equation. And next weekend is daylight savings time, which will help a lot by giving me more daylight in the evenings. Right now, its nearly dark or is dark on most days when I get home, which makes doing anything outside out of the question. And since outside walking and working is about the only exercise i've ever been able to actually do with any consistency, I need all the daylight I can get!

Now it if will quit raining every day so the mud can dry out! :s
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 21.0 lbs, 3/22
    Loss this week: -1.5 lbs
    Total loss: -104 lbs

What's Working: I raised my calorie limit finally. I had just been spinning my wheels for 2 months and feeling deprived, so I raised my limit to try to take a diet break. I also have tightened up my logging this week, and its made a difference! I'll keep at this level another week to see if I level out; if not, then I'll raise it again until I can find my maintenance level, stay there for 2 weeks, then slowly lower it back down again.

My sister started calorie counting this week too, which is helping me because I'm trying to set a good example for her :)

What Needs Work
    :I needed to tighten up my logging. I was getting very sloppy and taking in more calories than I thought I was because of my "cheats" and because I was just downright feeling deprived. I tightened up this week, made myself cut back out of the halfcut teas - no calories from drinks except for milk in my coffee! - and even recording the sugar free lifesavers, and that's made a difference!
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am starting over again so I am listing my new numbers
    SW: 256
    CW: 242
    LTGW: 140
    Loss: 14 lbs

What's working: Sticking to my low carb diet that the doctor put me on. It has not been as hard as I thought so far. I know there will be times when I will want the carbs. I love bread and that is my weakness. But so far I have not had any delicious bread. After I reach 20 lbs lost, I will have a cheat meal once a week. I think it is important to have something you really enjoy every once and awhile.

What needs work: I want to start exercising again, but have to wait for my doctor to release me after my back surgery. I go back to see the surgeon 4/20/18 and hope he will release me for physical therapy and some exercise.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Milestone: 270 lbs - achieved!
    New Milestone: 260 lbs
    Current Weight: 266.2 lbs, 3/29
    Loss this week: -4.8 lbs
    Total loss: -108.8 lbs

What's Working: Wow - I didn't realize apparently just how many extra calories I had been consuming! That, and I KNEW I was having water weight issues; I knew it! lol The funny part was, I raised my calorie limit by 400 to try to find maintenance, then dropped 6 lbs! My trend this week was slower, so I'm going to continue eating at the 1800 this week to see if I can get a better idea of where maintenance is. I still intend to take a diet break, but I have no idea where my maintenance limit is, though MFP calculates it should be somewhere around 2300 calories. I'll raise again next week based upon my weight loss, and then see if I can maintain for 2 weeks before starting into another deficit.

Another thing that is working is that my sister started calorie counting last week. She desperately needs to lose weight, so I'm thrilled, and I'm thrilled also that its working for her. I'm doing the meal prepping and helping her log, and its been helping me when the desire to cheat comes because I tell myself "nope, you behave yourself for Suzy's sake - set the right example, and it wouldn't look right if you sneak that reese's cup when you've had your calories for the day" lol

What Needs Work:I've learned a valuable lesson here - I'm horrible at eyeballing things and an expert at lying to myself! Keeping myself accountable to myself needs work and vigilance.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Milestone: 260 lbs
    Current Weight: 267.2 lbs, 4/5
    Loss this week: +1 lbs
    Total loss: -107.8 lbs

What's Working
    : sticking to my calorie limit works, and my sister continuing with this has helped me refrain from cheats, as I find myself wanting to support her in being good and truthful in her logging, and know that I need to do the same myself :)

What Needs Work: this week isn't truly a weight gain, and I know it's not. I had a lot of ham over Easter weekend and did overeat both days, but not anywhere near enough to actually gain a lb of fat in 2 days. This is water weight as a reaction to the sodium in the ham, and from what I've been told, it can take as much as 2 weeks to slowly get rid of it. And I have been dropping a little every day, so I know its water weight. Though it still throws me off, however, as I was trying to establish my trend in loss to determine where maintenance was. so I'm going to have to continue with the 1800 calories/day for at least 1 more week to see if I can find that trend line!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 271.2 lbs, 4/19
    Loss this week: +4 lbs
    Total loss: -103.8.8 lbs

What's Working: apparently I forgot to give an update after staring my diet break on 4/6. Today (4/20) is the end of the diet break and I am lowing myself down today by 500 calories. I'll run at that level for a week or two and then go down to the full 1,000 calories. It's going to be a bit of a challenge as I've been slowly raising my calorie limit for over a month now, but I'm ready to start seeing some true loss in weight and inches!

I knew to expect a scale jump when I started the diet break, and I did pretty much the day after I started it- that is what the +4 lbs is. I also maintained roughly in that 271lb range the whole period. I may have been in a bit of a surplus, but its a little hard to tell as I've had a couple of high sodium days in there, and TOM is lurking around the corner.

I did find it strange though that the scale jumped 4 lbs and stayed there; everything I had read about diet breaks said to expect that jump due to water weight increase due to the extra food and carbs, but that it should settle back down after a day or two. I didn't settle back down, though :(

Now that the diet break is over and I'm going back on deficit, we'll see if I get the promised woosh!

What Needs Work: getting back on track. I'm fighting depression right now which is just completely sapping my energy, physically and mentally, and that makes it hard sometimes to tell myself no. That also doesn't help my stress levels which can raise cortisol which can lead to water weight gain.......thankfully, my 4 legged depression monster has reduced to a 2 legged monster over the last year and a half, but unfortunately, those last 2 legs are the hardest ones to deal with, especially the job-related leg, which is the #1 source of all my stress.

Anyway, I'm hoping spring will finally show up and I can get myself moving some! I need the exercise to help with my mood, its just that its really hard to motivate myself to get going - I've tried pleading, I've tried shaming, I've tried bribing, but so far, no luck.
  • ts218
    ts218 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you in saying “no” and getting back on track. It’s definitely a journey. Thank you for all your motivating updates. They are super helpful.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 266.6 lbs, 5/10
    Loss this week: -3.9 lbs
    Total loss: -108.4 lbs

What's Working: The 1500 limit is very, well, limiting so I've been experimenting with some success this week on delaying eating breakfast until 9 am. I have coffee with milk as I'm driving into the office, and I'll make another coffee with almond milk when I get there, and that holds me until around 9 am. I've found this is helping delay my mid-morning hunger and helps me eliminate a snack!

What Needs Work: It's been a while since I updated because I've been on a dab-blamed water weight yo-yo. I was down to 265.7 after the diet break on 4/26. Then I popped back up to 270.5 lbs last week on 5/3. It was water weight I know because I was bloated and swelled, but it was nevertheless very frustrating! Today is better, but still not back down to the 265. I'll keep plugging along!

It seems that when I get more active, I tend to gain water weight. Last week, I was very active outside, pushmowing my lawn, gardening, digging post holes, pushmowing my parents' camp - a lot of activity. And last week I had the darned water weight gain. This week has been very rainy and my church has had revival services, so I've been very sedentary this week - and the water weight went away.

I know when you are exercising that you gain water weight as your muscles repair themselves. I just wonder is it suppose to be to the tune of 4 lbs! I don't know if I'm having that sort of gain because I'm not routinely active or what, but it is very, very frustrating!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Current Weight: 272.7 lbs, 5/17
    Loss this week: +6.1 lbs
    Total loss: -102.3 lbs

What's Working: at the moment? nothing. my willpower is tanked, my energy levels are tanked, and I'm living with fairly constant brain fog and having a horrible time concentrating or thinking or focusing my swirling thoughts, which aren't very good thoughts, either. I'm definitely not firing on all 8 cylinders, but as usual, I still have no idea what to do about it.

What Needs Work: And the yo-yo goes back up :( This week was bad-really bad. Being out of town really kills my diet plans, and I'm struggling with energy levels and willpower. I blew it Saturday because I had to head up to my old house to make unexpected repairs mandated by the bank issuing the mortgage, which was an unexpected cost I really, really didn't want to spend money on, especially after the $700 bill for the termite mitigation! I took my parents to Texas Roadhouse, and went over on Saturday.

Monday was shot because of a meeting at the company HQ which had a catered lunch, though it wouldn't have been quite as bad as it turned out to be if I hadn't then got called in for storm duty. When working storm duty, you sit at a desk dispatching assessment teams for 14 hours a day, and the company caters the meals. There is no control over what you are eating, no way to actually measure, and the food is just available all the time. My willpower was absolutely shot this week, and I pretty much binged as I couldn't keep myself from picking all day :( I'd have half my calorie allotment shot just at breakfast. I tried to tell myself to skip a meal, but I couldn't stick to the plan. I don't know what it is about sitting in a chair all day that makes me so hungry!

I mean, I did better than I would have before - I wasn't grabbing candy ALL day long, and I managed to limit the cookies and danishes I ate, i avoided bread most of the time (except for Tuesday night when I ended up eating 2 or 3 rolls), and I didn't drink any calories, but it wasn't really the sweets that were the siren's call - it was the high carb food items. But I still went way over on food and was eating at the least around maintenance and maybe even over. so no actual loss, maybe a little actual gain, and definitely water weight gain - AGAIN.

*sigh* and I looked at my calendar and realized that TOM is nearly here and probably will make a showing in about 48 hours, which is of course contributing to the water weight gain AND the drive to eat.

Oh well - today is a new day, I'm finally back home, and we'll see if I can once again try to get back on track. But next week isn't going to be good either - I'm out of town the first part of the week for work, and then we're going on vacation Memorial Day weekend. I'll try to behave myself, but with my willpower being where it is right now, I'm not making any bets on the outcome!