On my last 10 lbs Anyone else?

Options
I always find the last 10 lbs the hardest. I have exactly 4 more weeks to complete my goal and I think I can do it because I have been at this since Feb 23 and my body is in weight loss mode. Wish me luck and feel free to add as a friend.

Replies

• peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I gained about 5 lbs over the winter and am starting to shed it now that I can run and ride again. Since I work outside it seems my body always stores a little extra in winter and I wasn't going to push it this year with the highs around 6°.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Last 10lbs are the hardest as I've been told. Every little thing counts that you put in your mouth. Blah. I'm on my last 10 pounds, but also gained some over the winter because I wasn't focusing fully on my nibbles I guess.
  • yeriyeriyeri
    yeriyeriyeri Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! Right here, last 10 lbs. It's just that my TDEE is much lower than when I began, so I've had to significantly reduce the calories I eat per day for that sufficient deficit, ack! I am sooo close to my goal. I just need to power through,so I can start maintaining! :D:D
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I always find the last 10 lbs the hardest. I have exactly 4 more weeks to complete my goal and I think I can do it because I have been at this since Feb 23 and my body is in weight loss mode. Wish me luck and feel free to add as a friend.

You can definitely do it! But it's more than likely going to take you longer than 4 weeks. Probably more like 3 months or so. Especially if you've already been losing weight. You won't get that initial water weight whoosh. Most people slow down to a 1/4 - 1/2lb loss per week with that little to lose. Good luck to you!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    After getting off-track (not logging food, not weighing daily, not being hypervigilent in food choices) for the last two years, I have gained a few lbs which don't look good on me; I'm aiming to lose 7. I'm feeling more motivated and have returned to logging in MFP; DH got me a bluetooth scale for my birthday this week, so that's motivating me to weigh first thing each day. I know in my rational brain that I get hungry and overeat when I indulge in sweets or other highly-processed food. Distracting myself from the hunger does not seem to work for me. Anyone have any good tips on this?
  • groovingroomer
    groovingroomer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Go ladies go!! I used to have 10 lbs and its now 25!! It gets away on you if you let it... I'm also 55 now and the last few years have been tough in so many ways...