Introductions -

cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
Hello and welcome to the group. Please introduce yourself. If you feel comfortable sharing, please let us know your name, location, occupation and what you hope to accomplish this spring session.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! -- Carol

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    My name is Leona. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I'm an accountant and sit all day long. I started intermittent fasting (16/8) about 6 weeks ago and I love it! I am doing really well with it as it helps me stay in my calorie goal. I've had health issues that have kept me from regular exercise, but am much better now and ready to increase my activity in addition to the diet changes. I love this group and appreciate the support and accountability!
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Hello, my name is Nicole. I am 28, from San Antonio, Texas and I bartend at a resort. Originally my goal weight was 130 but I think I am going to lower that to 125 so I have about 10 more pounds to go. I love to run and I also try to incorporate strength and HIIT type training.
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Hi! Amber here from BC Canada. I'm newly retired and have 55 lbs to lose so over the next three months I'm aiming for 15 lb. I follow a whole food plant base way of eating. My biggest hurdle is I'm enjoying retirement too much. Time to tone it down and drop these pounds before I have health issues.
  • _Mrs_Ryan_
    _Mrs_Ryan_ Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm Charlene from Manitoba, Canada. I'm 37 yrs old and married with 5 children + 2 step children. I work for the province, sitting at a desk most of the day. I try to walk to my husband's work for lunch (when the Manitoba weather permits) and get in at least 5k steps during my 8:30-4:30 shift. My ultimate goal is to lose somewhere around 50 lbs. For the next 12 weeks I am going to set my goal at 15 lbs.
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Hello! I’m Alicia. I am 29 and live in Wisconsin. I am a RN working in the anticoagulation Clinic. I am also going back to school. I am married to a wonderful man who is also losing weight with me. My goal is to lose 20 pounds at least during this challenge. My end goal is to lose 145 pounds. I have been overweight my whole life and struggled with food being my crutch. This is the first challenge group I have joined so I’m not exactly sure how this works but I’m excited to join a group as it seems it would be very motivating!
  • cxwhit3
    Hello! I’m Alicia. I am 29 and live in Wisconsin. I am a RN working in the anticoagulation Clinic. I am also going back to school. I am married to a wonderful man who is also losing weight with me. My goal is to lose 20 pounds at least during this challenge. My end goal is to lose 145 pounds. I have been overweight my whole life and struggled with food being my crutch. This is the first challenge group I have joined so I’m not exactly sure how this works but I’m excited to join a group as it seems it would be very motivating!

Welcome to the group. Our first weigh-in will be tomorrow. Have a wonderful day! - Carol
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    I'm very excited and motivated to get started. How does this work? We weigh in tomorrow and then what? Is there a daily check in motivation thread we post on or.....?
  • cxwhit3
    I'm very excited and motivated to get started. How does this work? We weigh in tomorrow and then what? Is there a daily check in motivation thread we post on or.....?

Hi Amber,
    We weigh in once a week, on Mondays. I post the weigh in announcement and you copy and enter your info as the weeks progress. From time to time, hopefully weekly, I will be posting challenges and discussions. You can get a feel for the weigh in posts by looking at how it was last session. During the initial weigh in post, you enter your goal for the challenge. This is a fun group and we are glad you have joined us.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Marietta. I'm (almost) 31, married, and live in Columbus, Ohio. I work a full time desk job as a financial analyst, which I mostly like but it can get very busy and stressful at times. Over the past year I've lost about 75 pounds, but the past month or so I've really been slacking off and have put a few pounds back on. I'm hoping this group can help keep me motivated and on track so I can keep losing.

For exercise, I like to do a mix of cardio and strength at the gym. I use an app where I created my own full body strength routine and I'm really liking it so far. My goal is to run a 5K this year so I've been working on C25K for cardio. My diet plan is just CICO, I try to stay under my calorie limit and not have anything that's strictly off limits.
  • cxwhit3
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Marietta. I'm (almost) 31, married, and live in Columbus, Ohio. I work a full time desk job as a financial analyst, which I mostly like but it can get very busy and stressful at times. Over the past year I've lost about 75 pounds, but the past month or so I've really been slacking off and have put a few pounds back on. I'm hoping this group can help keep me motivated and on track so I can keep losing.

For exercise, I like to do a mix of cardio and strength at the gym. I use an app where I created my own full body strength routine and I'm really liking it so far. My goal is to run a 5K this year so I've been working on C25K for cardio. My diet plan is just CICO, I try to stay under my calorie limit and not have anything that's strictly off limits.

Marietta, you are doing awesome! So glad you are continuing with us!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Hi, my name is Monika, 58, working in healthcare in Arizona. I'm also a grad student, working towards a new career which causes a lot of stress and makes weight loss difficult during the semester. I'll set my goal lower than during the recent challenge to get back to my weight from last summer.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    mebelfanti wrote: »

Marietta, you are doing awesome! So glad you are continuing with us!

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you are keeping this group going, it's been great!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Hello - My name is Janice. I am 53, living in beautiful but chilly Quebec City for 25 years (originally from Manitoba, too, @_Mrs_Ryan_ !). I am a research professor and I am usually sedentary at work, although I take the stairs and walk all over the campus when I can.

History of weight loss: Several years ago, I used MPF to lose 30+ lbs and I have been maintaining with reasonable success. That said, I really enjoyed the winter group, since it kept me logging more carefully and my weight was much easier to control.

Goal: Although my BMI is fine, I would like to drop a couple of extra pounds. My upper body is quite slim, as I have a small bust. I hope that the extra loss will be apparent on my lower body, as this is the area on me which is the hardest to "shape". It is hard and slow to get off these lbs, so patience will be key.

Other bits: My philosophy about exercise is strict, as I work out at home for at least 30 min every single day. (I occasionally miss when I have long distance travel, but I really try to get in a workout anyway.) I now feel much worse if I skip a workout than any discomfort I could have when I exercise! I also eat very well, so my portion sizes have to be moderate.

Good luck to us all!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Hello ladies and Good afternoon!

My name is Jessica. I reside in Louisiana. I am an instructor at a community college. During the next 12 weeks I hope to increase my knowledge on how to remain in maintenance. Last week I reached my goal weight....WOOHOO!...I now need to do trial and error on what to eat, when to eat and how often to lift.

Oh and I am 35, a wife and a mom of 3.
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Hey, everyone. I'm Megan, 33, married mom to 3 awesome kids. I am an office manager in Iowa so having a sedentary job for the past 12 years has really taken its toll. My goals for this challenge are to lose 10 pounds and focus on accurate logging and strength training.
  • cxwhit3
    My name is Melissa. I’m a 34 year old reading intervention teacher from Tennessee. This is my first time joining a group on MFP. I’ve used MFP off and on over the years, but never fully followed through with it. My goal for this challenge is just to develop better habits and focus on logging regularly.

Welcome to the group!
This discussion has been closed.