Fitbit Sync with Myfitnesspal

2»

Replies

• ladyinred1913
    ladyinred1913 Posts: 1 Member
    Same. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but that didn't work. My data from MFP is syncing over to Fitbit, so I guess I'll just use Fitbit's calorie suggestions for the time being
  • Sufyaankazi
    Sufyaankazi Posts: 5 Member
    I had this issue but manage to resolve as above. I disconnected from FitBit on the web dashboard of MFP, then logged out of MFP on my phone (Android). Then changed my password (as I couldn't remember if I had or not after the breach), reconnected fitbit in the dashboard, then logged back in on the phone and so far so good.

I used to use Pacer with my Pebble watch, it's a good fail safe option!

Outside of steps, has anyone found a way to sync exercises from the Fitbit (Ionic) into MFP using a.n.other app e.g. UA Record or a.n.other? On Iphones I could use Apple Health but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent on Android :(
  • oekraine
    oekraine Posts: 1 Member
    I am experiencing the same problem. For me it helps to disconnect the Fitbit app from My Fitness Pal and then connect it again. This workaround makes my steps sync one time. I hope it will soon be fixed.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    oekraine wrote: »
    I am experiencing the same problem. For me it helps to disconnect the Fitbit app from My Fitness Pal and then connect it again. This workaround makes my steps sync one time. I hope it will soon be fixed.

MFP has specifically asked that people not do this (disconnect and reconnect). It's increasing the load on the systems and you're only achieving a temporary solution.
  • surfyogachica
    surfyogachica Posts: 1 Member
    It needs fixing NOW ... driving me crazy to have not have exercise balance out intake
  • flyinion
    flyinion Posts: 18 Member
    Looks like they've fixed it finally. I just looked and today's steps have finally synced up this afternoon.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    flyinion wrote: »
    Looks like they've fixed it finally. I just looked and today's steps have finally synced up this afternoon.

Today finally synced an hour ago. But yesterday and the day before still haven't retroactively synced. Not sure if they will.
  • tveley12
    tveley12 Posts: 1 Member
    Yes I think it is fixed now. Mine is now working.
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    segacs wrote: »
    flyinion wrote: »

Today finally synced an hour ago. But yesterday and the day before still haven't retroactively synced. Not sure if they will.

Mine did sync retro data, which kind of putzed me up because I had manually entered my workout. Dah.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    slw37 wrote: »
    Mine did sync retro data, which kind of putzed me up because I had manually entered my workout. Dah.

The only way I was able to get mine to sync retroactively was to go to Fitbit's site and manually enter workouts for the two days that didn't sync. As soon as I did that, they updated on MFP. Then I deleted those fake workouts.
  • This has been happening to me for a few days now. The workaround I've been doing to make it so it syncs is unpairing my fitbit app with myfitnesspal and then repairing them and it will update that way for me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This has been happening to me for a few days now. The workaround I've been doing to make it so it syncs is unpairing my fitbit app with myfitnesspal and then repairing them and it will update that way for me.

MFP has asked that people *not* do this as all it is doing is increasing the backlog of sync requests.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2931708-fitbit-scheduled-maintenance-on-3-30-18
  • iamrobbiew
    iamrobbiew Posts: 1 Member
    Yes I had to to disconnect it through desktop and reconnect it, now its fine.

yes disconnected on desktop and reconnected its all fine again