Bunny Hopping in to April: April Accountability & Weigh-In

Replies

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2018
    @rianneonamission

MWF a couch to 10K
    Elliptical/circuit training at the gym on the alternate days.
    Power Yoga and an abs program every day.
    Diet is just staying under my calories with good food choices.

The goal at the end of my plan is to fit my clothes comfortably again and look great in a dress for a ceremony I’ll be part of at the end of June. I also told my friend I’d do a fun run race with her.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Sounds good! Do you intend to continue the exercise regime once you get to goal?

I tried fitness yoga once (looking at power yoga it's pretty much the same thing) and practically died! I'm very inflexible so kept falling over. Also sweated like a pig in a sausage factory! :D
  • Cora0477
    Yes. I did most of this stuff already, just sporadically because I didn’t have a plan. Of course I didn’t make any progress that way. I’m determined to work a maintenance plan afterwards this time.
  • blackcatsdancing
    blackcatsdancing Posts: 16 Member
    Hello, place holding new thread until the weekend. I've decided to join weight watchers. I just don't think i can stick to anything without a weekly weigh in with a club. I went before for around month and it worked well but then I got sidetracked and stopped going because i either gained or stayed the same and felt ashamed . I think what struck me most was how slim some of the women were , must work for a lot of people. Anyway I start on Saturday so will weigh in then , several important events coming up , one end of May one Mid August as further motivation.
  • leah_not_leia
    leah_not_leia Posts: 78 Member
    @leah_not_leia How is the pull up training going?

@rianneonamission I can do 1 and a 1/2 in a row now, if I do a little jump into it lol :D
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    April 2 64kg (FFS)

So the beachbody programs I do incorporate dumbbells, I can’t get to the gym so this is all I can use, plus body weight resistance, and resistance loops, they definitely help with toning and as I will be consistent, I’ll be buying heavier dumbbells.

My target this month is going to be 62kg.
  • alicia3097
    alicia3097 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi!

This is my first ever post and I would love a little more motivation/accountability. I started to try and lose weight in Jan and did pretty good but fell off the wagon badly last week with a major over indulgence of milk chocolate thanks to the Easter Bunny. Getting back on this week with giving up sugar cold turkey however I am on day 3 of that and its starting to get hard. Ideally I would like to do it for at least 30 days as its my biggest issue. I would love suggestions if anyone has any :)

Height 5'4"
    HW/SW Jan 2018-165 (worse than post twin-birth weight 6 years ago :( )
    April 4: 147.2
    April 7:
    April 14:
    April 28:
    April Goal: 140
    Ultimate GW: 128 (which is actually around 132 just cause my scale is off)

• nikkiv610
    nikkiv610 Posts: 1 Member
    Height: 5'7”
    HW: 164 lbs
    SW April: 161
    April GW: 157 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 145

Hi everyone! My name is Nikki and I’m new to the group. I’ve used MFP off and on for the past 5 years, but I haven’t taken advantage of the groups in the past. As you can see, I’m coming off of my heaviest weight and I feel like I need a little more support to stick with it this time around. :)

I usually fluctuate in the lower to mid 150s, but I’ve let myself go. I have always been happy with my weight around 150, so I’m hoping to get back to that in the next few months! Thanks for sharing your stories!!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Yesterday and today have been successful! Got a nice run in both mornings, and finally stayed back within my calories :smile:
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Well I was right. On Monday work ended up not buying us dinner but they kept us there til 8:30 so I ate what was in the break room: cake and chocolate. Then on Tuesday they bought us dinner. I got a cheeseburger and yesterday they brought in bagels. Plus all the chocolate was still sitting around! I'm sure it's just a small temporary gain but I'm hoping it doesn't put my month goal weight out of reach.

HW: 176
    CW: 157
    Height: 5'8"
    April Goal: 152
    Ultimate Goal Weight: low 150's or high 140's

April 1: 155 (using March end weight)
    April 5: 157
    April 12:
    April 19:
    April 26:
  • Cora0477
    Height 5'4"
    April 1: 136
    April 8:
    April 15:
    April 22:
    April 29:
    April Goal: 132
    Ultimate GW: 125

I spent most of last night actively trying to convince myself not to binge snack, as I was tired and a little emotional. But I kept thinking of my goal and my progress, and feel proud that I ended the evening successfully.
  • io8785a
    io8785a Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2018
    @rianneonamission I'm going to maintain between 128-134 and build definition. I'm nervous but excited! I think my fitness goals will be to do a 1 minute plank (I can do up to 45 seconds now), and do 10 pushups in a row.

@Cora0477 I totally understand that. I overindulged myself last night. Good for you for not giving up!
  • Hi everyone - newbie here! Happy to have a place to help me stay accountable.
    Height: 5'6"
    April 4: 143
    April 11:
    April 18:
    April 25:
    April 30:
    April Goal: 138 - but really my goal is to stick to my low carb/no sugar promise to myself and, ultimately , fit a little better into my pants!
  • annblahow1618
    annblahow1618 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, everyone! I just restarted my weight loss journey. I moved from MA to VA last year and, although my lifestyle changed greatly, my eating habits didn’t and I ended up gaining weight! So, my current goal is to get back on track.

Height: 5’8.5”
    HW: 165
    CW: 162.6
    GW: 145
    Ultimate GW: 140
    April GW: 155 (yes, I know this seems nuts but my weight fluctuates so much that I think it’s possible. Also, my dad is visiting at the end of the month and I don’t want him to see me in my current pudgy state!)

4/1: 165
    (4/5: 162.6)
    4/8:
    4/15:
    4/22:
    4/29:
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Height: 5'0" / 153 cm
    HW: 61.7 kg
    GW: 47.5

End-of-March SW: 53.4kg / 30.2 % BFP (Moving Average 53.5 kg)
    April GW: 52.5 kg / 29 % BF

April 6: 52.6 kg / 29.4% BF (Moving Average 53.2 kg)
    April 13:
    April 20:
    April 27:

Hopped on the scale yesterday for my weekly check in and literally could not believe it (still don't really). What a whoosh! Still not unconvinced it's a fluke - note my much higher moving average, and it also match up with how I've been eating, etc. - but it's a very motivating way to start the month at least!

I've also started the Strong Lifts 5x5 programme with the hubby. That should be interesting! I'm liking the simplicity of it so far, but obviously it's going to get a lot harder, fast.

We'll see what the scales look like next Thursday, and I'll see if I need to adjust my goals from there...
  • hsabelsowers
    hsabelsowers Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to posting here, excited to have a motivating support group. I am trying to get myself back on track after going wildly our of control last fall. Staring down swimsuit season does a lot to motivate me, haha.
    Height: 5’5”
    HW: 168.6 January 1st 2018
    CW: 149
    GW: 142

4/1 150.6
    4/6 149 29.9 % BF
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    H: 5’ 6”
    SW 161 (5/17)
    CW — fluctuating between 144-147
    BF% 22.24
    April goal: 142
    Ultimate goal: 139-136lbs (fluctuating)
    BF% Goal 20%

April 6: 145

I learned a couple of things recently that have made me accept my weight fluctuations more readily. My menstrual cycle has gotten shorter since I started working out last May. I downloaded an app called Flo a couple of months ago so I wouldn’t be caught by surprise and it asks you to weigh in everyday. Lo and behold I hold 2 -3 pounds of water at ovulation (surprise!) and before my period (no surprise). My recomp is definitely becoming more noticeable. My measurements around my naval have gone significantly down and I’m starting to see muscle definition between my shoulder blades. I still would love to get rid of some body fat around my back/bra area and all around my mid-section at the naval area. Happy Scale says I’m trending 0.34 fat loss. If you say so Happy Scale. Eating at a slight deficit 1400 calories to lose fat and build muscle. Working out 3x week, but hoping for warm weather to increase it 5x. It’s a snow forecast tonight here. Ughh.

Welcome newbies and WTG ladies! I really have no one else to talk about this stuff with and really appreciate having a place to share this journey and to read all of yours! xx
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    This last pound is hanging on for dear life! I feel terrible and bloated today so I'm honestly surprised that I've lost anything. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Height: 5'1"
    HW: 195 April 2017
    SW April: 141
    Ultimate goal: 130?
    April goal: 135-36.

April 1st: 141
    April 6th: 140.2
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Height 5'5.5 (I like to claim 5'6")
    April goal: 155 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 140 lbs.

March 22 - 162.5

April 6 - 159.6
    April 13 -
    April 20 -
    April 27 -

I missed checking in at the end of March but here I am for April. I'm back on track running and walking daily and am highly motivated. My youngest son graduates high school at the beginning of June, and am going on a cruise to Alaska at the end of June. It's good to have motivations and goals, but yet the number is not the end...I want to be strong and healthy.

Hippity hoppity, we're on the way!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Height: 5'5"
    Heaviest Weight: 138 LBS
    Ultimate goal: 117-120 LBS
    Current Weight: 124.4
    April Goal: 122 LBS

Apr 1: 124.4
    Apr 6: 126.8 (oopsie... wrong direction lol)