Active April 2018 Challenge: Week 2 (4/8-4/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Week 2 up early. I will be a very busy Bacon tomorrow.

Repeat o' the blurb:
baconslave wrote: »
It's Active April folks.
Time to get moving.
No need to make your "heart gargle in your throat." Unless that's what you're into. :wink:
Active April is about making your goal an improvement in your fitness. As Elizabeth Benton always says, "Whatever constitutes an improvement for YOU. Do that."

So whether you want to train for a 5k or 10k, start HIITing your head off, or just start exercising, period, it's all good.
If your exercise is already on-point, but you'd like to increase your daily NEAT burn, that's a great target as well. (What is NEAT, consult this thread from which I have been inspired: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss/p1)

There will be a sticky at the top of the group with a list of the weekly threads should our thread get buried in this (awesome) group.

Go ahead and post your goals.
Update us daily and receive encouragement and support from your compatriots in the challenge.
Go get it!

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Id like to join the challenge-better late than never. :) My goal is to move more and start doing yoga regularly again.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this group and would love to join this challenge.

My goal is to workout at least 30 mins 5 days per week. I want to make this a lifestyle change so I work out first thing in the morning before work ( Mon to Fri ).
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Good start to the week... Took a hike with my daughter!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Thur-Sat last week planned workouts got busted due to a plumbing emergency in the house. Life goes on- Bowling last night, spin class tonight.
    Wedding prep continues-alterations finished on the men's suits.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Back after a break - so only goal this week is to get back on track!
  • tommyveggie
    tommyveggie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Goal to lose 7 pounds before Cancun in 4 weeks
  • baconslave
    Options
    Well I did not move as much this weekend. Spent the day Sat gaming with the hubby and watching tv. Sunday I somehow got about 6k steps. That was all NEAT. Today is SSDD. Schooling, strength day, and I'm going to try to go room by room this week to get those floors. Which may take me all week, but I think I can squeeze in a room per day. I'm off to fidget and obey the Nagbit.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Not great this morning. I had a blah weekend emotionally and a rough night's sleep. I couldn't get my act together and didn't leave until 4:30 this morning. And then sat in the car wasting 5 more minutes thinking how pointless it all was and how much I didn't want to go in the gym (drama much? go me). So I only had time to do my warmup and deadlift.

BUT, my DL was 3x5 @ 100 pounds, so I was happy with that.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday felt much less active with regards to NEAT, but I did get 10,500 steps in that included two dog walks. I didn’t get much done around the house so today I will make up for it by getting more stairs and steps in at work.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm still around. I'm just not dedicating time to exercise. Work is getting in the way but that is a good thing since my work is a bit seasonal. Fortunately, I'm getting in extra steps over my norm of 2000 to an average of 6000. I'd prefer more and prefer they be more than sitting versus general walking about.

The Sam's near me has closed so I am having to go to one in another town. I came home yesterday and told my husband I've seen one difference between the two: an unwillingness to walk from further away in the parking lot. I watched as a near-fight broke out in the parking lot with people "claiming" parking spaces from their car as someone else slipped in the slot. I've never in my life seen so many people driving around the parking lot looking for a space closer to the door when there are sooooo many available maybe 40+ steps away. SMH.
  • baconslave
    edited April 2018
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I'm still around. I'm just not dedicating time to exercise. Work is getting in the way but that is a good thing since my work is a bit seasonal. Fortunately, I'm getting in extra steps over my norm of 2000 to an average of 6000. I'd prefer more and prefer they be more than sitting versus general walking about.

The Sam's near me has closed so I am having to go to one in another town. I came home yesterday and told my husband I've seen one difference between the two: an unwillingness to walk from further away in the parking lot. I watched as a near-fight broke out in the parking lot with people "claiming" parking spaces from their car as someone else slipped in the slot. I've never in my life seen so many people driving around the parking lot looking for a space closer to the door when there are sooooo many available maybe 40+ steps away. SMH.[/quote]

That stuff drives me crazy.
    I always park much further back in the lot. To get more steps and stretch my legs a bit after being in the vehicle. And to avoid those people!!! :rage: There's no trophy for who claims the closest spot. Even if there is a close one available I still park in the back to avoid the congestion and the nonsense. Someone who genuinely cannot move around well may have it. As long as I'm able to hoof it from the nosebleed seats, I'm going to.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Me too. I park at the end of the lot and walk. Always have with many reasons for doing so. What amazes me is the time someone will waste driving around and around to find a close space. I have to bite my lip when I'm a passenger. Geez. Just park the darn car!
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join. My goal is to go to the gym three times per week. I have to be careful and limit myself. I have started an exercise goal several times with good intentions, slowly become obsessed, exercised more and more, eaten less and less, until I was becoming weaker and was always in pain and hungry. I’ve also torn my left hip flexor and muscles in my left shoulder(twice) by pushing myself too far. I don’t want to do those things again.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Dug out my Fitbit this morning, charged, updated and ready to start tracking my pathetic steps. But at least it will push me to walk more! So all good! Downloaded the 5K app too, maybe I will run by the summer?
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym last Friday and yesterday after over a year of not working out. I have a nice level of soreness.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hills - 15:53/mile @ low heart rate
  • baconslave
    Options
    I had a very NEAT day yesterday. :smile:
    After my strength session, I went on to get almost 9k in steps thanks to NEAT including vaccuming and mopping the kitchen. Today will be a long walk, plus I need to get 2 small rooms floors. Def have to continue with getting a little housework at time done before the weekend as my teen daughter is having to church friends over. My 4 little piglets WRECK DIS CRIB! OMFG. :rage:

Anyway, move it move it, y'all! :wink:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Jumping in late here, but still psyched to try again...

Going for a two week stretch of increased steps. 7,000ish steps daily would be nice. Just a small increase, as I'm looking more at the daily aspect than the increase in steps.

I'm cleared for a couple weeks of minimal stresses, hopefully; so, I'm going for a Spring rush, jump-start kind of thing.

• Bonny132
    Options
    I joined the gym today, not been yet though and my Fitbit is back on my wrist counting my steps. Little steps in the right direction.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 Parking lots are out of control. My son was driving through a row to pick his fiancé up from work two weeks ago and someone backing out slammed right into him. They didn't even look. Full speed ahead, damn the torpedos!

Spin class was full last night so I substituted elliptical. Should get more NEAT tonight with finishing laundry that I couldn't do last week (stupid plumbing). If it's warm enough maybe even a walk around the block after dinner.
This discussion has been closed.