Active April 2018 Challenge: Week 2 (4/8-4/14)

Options
2»

Replies

• bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    4/9
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
    move it :)
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Starting my 70.3 HIM training today. I'm hoping LCHF will be good to me during my endurance training. We will see.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I got in just shy of 10k steps before exercise by being more active at work and home ( and much less efficient). I tried to monitor flights of stairs but my garmin is acting wonky so I know it was off the last two days. I’m into my fourth week of p90x30 and am surprised at how few steps I’ve logged with some of the dvds. The toning is amazing so I’ll definitely see it through besides continuing this NEAT journey.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Over 12k steps yesterday. 2000 of that was after my 1:15 walk. Did not get any housework done. Teens had a thing to go to last night at the library. Friday is going to be mad. sigh...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    SLRDL - 4x10 @ 30 pounds. I watched a few more videos on form last night since these were such a struggle for me last week and was reassured that a) they're really hard and b) I am doing them right.

Pushups - 3x8

Inverted Rows - 3x5

Really struggled with arms today, they were supposed to be 4x10s, but I was shaking just in plank and could only get halfway down in the pushup. I hate horizontal pressing/pulling, but that may be because it's "only" bodyweight and doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.

Though my bodyweight would be impressive if loaded onto a bar. Hmmm...

Stream of consciousness posting, brought to you by the letter C
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday, all around. My steps are looking good for today, too!
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to increase my cardio - I have a sitting/standing mini elliptical at home, but cannot start to use it. Though I go to yoga on Monday and Saturday (different trainers), Strength training on Wednesday and Pilates on Thursday. My weight is not moving down (or almost not moving), so it is a bit annoying (and it slowed down considerably when I started sports).
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today and used the weight machines. My wife and I took our son and our dog on a walk after I grilled our dinner. It has been a really nice day in Indianapolis, IN.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My walk buddy at work canceled our noon walk so I worked through lunch. Not the best idea but I guess I just wasn't feeling it yesterday, couch potato at home too. Today is a new day and I enrolled in spin class for tonight. Happy to not be shut out again.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Did strength and then a shorter walk (45min) since it was too sunny and warm to not. I went on to get over 12k step and turbo cleaned 2 bathrooms yesterday evening. Today...I don't know. I'll do my workout, which will be cardio but I don't have long. My oldest has a soccer game tonight. So I'll be on my feet watching and occupying the littles (7 and 9) while trying to at least pay a little attention to the game. I'll make sure to fidget lots today and see what I can squeeze in as far as NEAT, but it probably won't be as much. I'll get plenty cleaning tomorrow. :confounded:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Cardio morning - elliptical level 3 (selected hills, but realized halfway through that it had reset) - low heartrate - 15:49/mile
  • taylok23
    Options
    Yesterday I logged 10k steps and 20 flights of stairs before exercise took me to 21k steps for the day. Surprisingly I wasn’t worn out! I think it just balanced the two donuts from a local food truck I sampled at work.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Upped my step goal yesterday from 5k to 10k, just for the day, but totally overdid it. Today, I am so sore and so tired I called out from work. I'm still doing stretches, but ow...
  • baconslave
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Bump.
    And, did workout. Then got stuck on my butt in a car, then at a soccer game (they won and daughter scored), then at a restaurant after at the insistence of inlaws. I did not get good NEAT. Will get lots today. Plus I need to squeeze in a strength workout.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tried and got sick a bit. New meds bloated. Not sure what is bloat what is weight but progress is lacking this week. I did manage to get myself on the fitdesk a few times so there is that.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just got home from the gym. I used the weight machines and stretched before going home. I also chaperoned a field trip with my 8th grader to IUPUI, so I walked a lot before my gym workout.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Upping my step goal to 7500 as of right now. :smile:
  • baconslave
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Got no exercise yesterday. so no strength. :disappointed: But I did get over 11k NEAT steps. Cleaned for 4 hours.

Putting tomorrow's new thread up early. Teen girl has a game, 2 friends over and then I've got church Sun. May not have time if it isn't done now.

ETA: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10659626/active-april-2018-challenge-week-3-4-15-4-21/p1?new=1
  • taylok23
    Options
    Saturday was a bit of a lazy day for me after working in the yard Friday and not getting a run in. Still got in nearly 11k steps and 8 flights of stairs including a couple of dog walks in there.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Even though yesterday was rainy I got in my long run and a swim that I had been putting off :)
    Also got in some meal prep. Yay!
This discussion has been closed.