Not getting enough protein...

Options
I don't know what it is lately, but I'm having such a hard time meeting my protein minimum. I'm maxed out on fat and maybe halfway to my carb minimums, but protein is like 20 below what I need per day. Any food recommendations that aren't so high in fat/carbs but high in protein?

Replies

• MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. What I do is Plant based protein powder with hot water B) Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    MrsMaui27 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. What I do is Plant based protein powder with hot water B) Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

How does that taste? :unamused:
  • MrsMaui27
    Options
    It"s really not bad. You've got to like the protein powder that you pick out B)
  • anelyaG
    anelyaG Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Protein bars! They are great. I eat this one https://tinyurl.com/ycmp92ys
  • MrsMaui27
    Options
    anelyaG wrote: »
    Protein bars! They are great. I eat this one https://tinyurl.com/ycmp92ys

Thank~U anelyaG (Silly me for not thinking of that) :blush:
  • LiveLoveKeto
    LiveLoveKeto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know! For the longest time I would always avoid protein powders or shakes or bars because I would always have a hard time staying UNDER my protein limit. But lately I've noticed I've been either really under my limit or just barely reaching it. I thought I'd never see the day when I seriously consider protein shakes :smirk:
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, so end up eating a lot of grilled chicken strips. I get some from whole wheat breads, boiled eggs, and some from my veggies, but on reduced calories it is hard for me to get enough protein and still eat high fiber. I don't get much protein from nuts or nut butters because they end up too high calorie. Mushrooms, beans, and broccoli...I try to add extra plant sources with protein. Even though I don't like Greek yogurt much, sometimes I eat it with fruit to get more protein. I used to do bars, but decided I wanted a less processed-whole foods approach, so I don't use powders either...I just eat meat. But I do have to pre-plan my meals most days to make sure my macros balance in a way that meets my personal health goals. (When I was at maintenance weight a couple years ago, this wasn't an issue as calories increased...fats went up as well, which made getting the extra protein easy.)
  • eqc1975
    eqc1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm new to the Keto way and this group. I have set my macro goals at 75% fat (123g/day), 20% protein (72g/day) and 5% carbs (20g/day). This is day three for me and so far I am finding it very difficult to reach my fat goal and WAY too easy to go over on protein. So, essentially, I am having the opposite problem.
  • Chanchka
    Chanchka Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto yesterday and I also see that I'm not hitting my protein macro.
    Im doing a 60% fat (94g)/34% protein (118g)/6% carb(20g) ratio.
    Is 118g of protein really that hard to hit everyday without going over calories and keeping the ratio? It's like -- how many egg whites can a person eat?!?!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I had this problem once I became fat adapted so I purchased Isopure. 50 grams of protein per serving which is two scoops. Also 0 carbs.