Small things

Options
janette130
janette130 Posts: 66 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Would love to hear some of the small things you’ve noticed being on Keto\losing weight - for example.. today I put on a Sunday dress and noticed it hung a bit longer. ❤️

Replies

• dtobio
    dtobio Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I’ve only been back at low carbing for a week and I can tell you my skin looks and feels so much better, and my hair seems fuller and shinier (and my scalp doesn’t itch incessantly like it does when I overdo it on the carbs/ sugar). My clothes are fitting better, I’m not uncomfortably full after every meal I eat, I fall asleep easier and I have so much more energy. I know you only asked for 1 thing but it was hard to choose just one from that list
  • janette130
    Options
    I think your list is great! ❤️
  • heatherrk45
    heatherrk45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've only been on it a little less than 2 weeks, but I notice that my heartburn/indigestion is gone when I don't eat carbs...
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My skin and hair look better, my clothes are fitting beautifully--not only did I lose weight, but my waist is trimmer and everything just hangs better on me. The best part out of everything is not feeling like food cravings control me. I enjoy food, but when I'm done, I'm done until the next meal!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing that I'm losing volume even if I only lose a couple of pounds over the course of a month. I've lost a pants size even though I didn't lose a ton of weight. Also, in the past when I lose weight, my butt looks all flabby and droopy, but not this time! And it's not because of rigorous exercise or weight lifting, I promise. ;-)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    janette130 wrote: »
    Would love to hear some of the small things you’ve noticed being on Keto\losing weight - for example.. today I put on a Sunday dress and noticed it hung a bit longer. ❤️

LOL. I noticed that as I lost weight my necklaces got longer. :p

• leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    At lunchtime today I needed to schedule a last minute appointment. I don’t feel hangry about eating lunch a little later! This is so incredible.... it’s been only about six days in for me.
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As much as I wanted to eat a cheeseburger or something really "bad" today for lunch. I ate my Italian salad instead knowing the nutrients were good for my body.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Having some frozen joints in my back moving a bit for the first time in decades.
  • janette130
    Options
    I'm writing this for my sis. We were talking last night about this (she's also doing keto and has lost 42 pounds since Dec 15) she says...
    "I can easily get into a small bathroom stall now - you know the kind when you open the door and have to straddle the toilet paper holder in order to get in!" LOL
  • janette130
    Options
    At lunchtime today I needed to schedule a last minute appointment. I don’t feel hangry about eating lunch a little later! This is so incredible.... it’s been only about six days in for me.

Keep up the good work! I've never been able to even go an hour after a wake up in the morning without first eating breakfast. Now I can go until about 11:30-1:00. Don't even get shaky or Hangry!

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I'm writing this for my sis. We were talking last night about this (she's also doing keto and has lost 42 pounds since Dec 15) she says...
    "I can easily get into a small bathroom stall now - you know the kind when you open the door and have to straddle the toilet paper holder in order to get in!" LOL

Oh I hear ya there. I'm just under 5'10" so all reg bathroom stalls are a challenge, especially the overly narrow ones. It was almost impossible when I was pushing 260 to use a little stall. I had to use the handicap one. Felt like a jerk.
    I can use the little ones now. I mean, my elbow sometimes smacks into the TP roll, but it's much easier. Huge deal for me. :lol:
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had room in my bike shorts for my keys...yay! Usually I try to put them there and they dig into me so I'm forced to put them in my jacket pocket.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Not hungry all the darned time. Much smaller bras, blouses, and pants. I have almost no hair under my arms anymore. Slipping through cars in a parking lot without worrying about hitting the mirrors. I can do poses in yoga haven't been able to do in over a decade. Oh and I need a ring sizer to stop my ring from slipping off my finger. That is just off the top of my head, there are other things.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The main thing, though, is that as long as I'm on keto, I don't binge-eat. I've never felt in control of my eating before

I keep hearing that from a lot of keto people who had problems in the past. without the rollercoaster highs and then lows caused by carbs, I don't feel as "starved" to the point of breaking like I used to when we've tried calorie restriction. I'm trying 16:8 intermittent fasting, and it is getting easier to miss a meal. I used to be utterly "hangry" if I had to work through lunch, but it's getting easier to skip breakfast and push my first meal to 1pm or even later.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As much as I wanted to eat a cheeseburger or something really "bad" today for lunch. I ate my Italian salad instead knowing the nutrients were good for my body.

I usually order cheeseburger no bun on those days. some places are nice enough to throw on a bit of extra lettuce and tomato if you ask.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    LOL to the "no hair under my arms" comment. I doubt that one has to do with keto or even weight loss. Could be wrong. I have a huge circle of 60 +/- a few year old female friends and we all joke about how many of us have gone from shaving our under arms and legs to shaving our chins. We're all not keto or even low carb but we sure have bare under arms. :) I think that one might have to do more with age and hormonal changes...