Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Surgery twins 2/22

asp415
asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
My day has finally arrived. RnY will be done on 2/22. Any surgery twins?

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hope your surgery goes well.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    No, but I share your surgery day! My one year VSG surgiversary is 2/22. I’m so glad I did it and hope you will be too! I’ve been at goal since November 9th.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    asp415, how was your surgery and how are you doing?
  • kelleyblas
    kelleyblas Posts: 8 Member
    Hi asp415, I had surgery 2/20 .. pretty close :)
  • FeldBecky
    FeldBecky Posts: 1 Member
    Had VSG 2/23
  • asp415
    Update: sorry everyone for leaving you all hanging. So 6hrs before surgery I passed out & was hospitalized needing a transfusion due to a GI hemorrhage. Surgery was cancelled. After many tests & finally getting cleared by the GI Dr my surgeon rescheduled me BUT only for VSG due to the GI issue.

I had VSG on Monday 5/7. I’m doing great! No real pain, no more nausea. Just struggling to get in my water & protein
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Asp415, Oh wow, sorry you had a complication but I believe it was better to discover it prior to surgery rather than in the middle of surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery and welcome to the sleeved life!
  • asp415
    loveshoe wrote: »
    Asp415, Oh wow, sorry you had a complication but I believe it was better to discover it prior to surgery rather than in the middle of surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery and welcome to the sleeved life!

Thank you. I knew something was wrong but I didn’t want surgery to get cancelled so I didn’t tell anyone. I was still aiming for RnY but finally decided to just listen to what my surgeon was saying. I can’t wait to see how things progress w/the sleeved life
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    @asp415 glad that you are doing well, and that’s definitely scary what you went through before surgery!