show us your meals or describe them!!

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2018
    Carbquik Baking Mix is a revolutionary baking mix for everyone counting carbs. It's made from wheat and has 90% less carbs than regular baking mix.

It can be used in pancakes, biscuits, waffles, pizzas, and just about any other baked product. You can also use it as a batter to deep fry your favorite foods.

There are some recipes on the box and many online :smile:
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Cauliflower pizza and veggies!
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Some other yummy meals, all of you are really giving me some great ideas and serious hunger!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    Carbquik Baking Mix is a revolutionary baking mix for everyone counting carbs. It's made from wheat and has 90% less carbs than regular baking mix.

It can be used in pancakes, biscuits, waffles, pizzas, and just about any other baked product. You can also use it as a batter to deep fry your favorite foods.

There are some recipes on the box and many online :smile:

Thank you. I love the texture of high fiber/protein flour products. Strange, I know!
  • EstrangedTiger
    I had a splurge day of sorts, with some sushi.

This is one eel roll, with smoked salmon and cucumber. The second roll is a tuna tartare with avocado and a touch of bacon.

The meal was preceded with a greens smoothie - including added vitamins, minerals, etc. Yes, I had my smoothie in the car before entering the restaurant. :D

22hjtd97493x.jpg
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member

This is one eel roll, with smoked salmon and cucumber. The second roll is a tuna tartare with avocado and a touch of bacon.

The meal was preceded with a greens smoothie - including added vitamins, minerals, etc. Yes, I had my smoothie in the car before entering the restaurant. :D

22hjtd97493x.jpg

Looks delicious. I'm having sushi Friday night. It's a little nerve racking having it before a weigh in day (salt overload) but it's my best friend's birthday. How you exercised such restraint is inspiring and baffling?!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited April 2018

Looks delicious. I'm having sushi Friday night. It's a little nerve racking having it before a weigh in day (salt overload) but it's my best friend's birthday. How you exercised such restraint is inspiring and baffling?!

Good morning (well, it is morning here and I don't know everyone around these parts just yet!). Please enjoy the birthday party! That is one major factor in going OMAD, in my opinion. Have that evening meal with friends and enjoy it thoroughly! There will be no REAL weight gain.

I calculated the calories (according to the restaurant website) and determined to have had a maximum of 900 calories with the meal (to be clear, I did eat both rolls) + 400 or so for my smoothie. Yeah, the soy sauce has some salt, along with the other sauces. I'm doing fine this morning and you will live as well! Just weighed, out of interest and I'm up 1 pound from yesterday. That is probably due to my generally eating low carb.

Sushi is a relatively healthy splurge meal, overall, even if you pick tempura cooked proteins.

Self control? Well, I did eat slowly to savor the flavor. Does that count? :)

Oh, I was tempted to have some saki, but decided on unsweetened tea.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    The meal looks yummy! The salt is totally worth the temporary water weight gain, in my opinion!
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    The meal looks yummy! The salt is totally worth the temporary water weight gain, in my opinion!

:)

Definitely. I'm loving the idea of the OMAD lifestyle while eating my favorite Asian delights with zero guilt!

I'm going with a large bowl of brisket Pho this weekend. Oh yeah.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

Definitely. I'm loving the idea of the OMAD lifestyle while eating my favorite Asian delights with zero guilt!

Eating your smoothie probably helped you indulge less. Smart move! I'm a big eater and sometimes I will eat some at home before we go to a friends house to eat so I won't get hungry eating there (most people don't eat as much as I can) while eating about the same amount as others. Thought I would throw out that confession!
  • EstrangedTiger
    blambo61 wrote: »

Eating your smoothie probably helped you indulge less. Smart move! I'm a big eater and sometimes I will eat some at home before we go to a friends house to eat so I won't get hungry eating there (most people don't eat as much as I can) while eating about the same amount as others. Thought I would throw out that confession!

My hypothesis is that our bodies sometimes are calling out for nutrients versus calories! Seems some science backs that up in many cases. I appreciate your confession! Joe posted a video about some folks needing a longer eating window or amount of food that works for them on OMAD. If it takes me 2 hours to eat the food required to be satisfied, so be it! My goal is one hour, but eating too quickly is dangerous for this food addict! All the fiber in those smoothies is really filling, however. I also add fats like avocado and flax oil. Fats really help bring that calorie count to an acceptable level in a pinch.

I'm also keeping some low ingredient nutrition bars and nuts on my person - just in case my evening meal will not have sufficient calories or volume!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    c3z60kybha21.jpg
    Corn, cheese and 2 egg scramble :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    dvdlzecjjjcy.jpg

Surf n' Turf! delicious wild caught crappie and bluegill, (by me) a couple slices of thick cut bacon, lots of dark green leafys and veggies, mushrooms, and plenty of butter. just total yummmm, and as nutrient dense as it gets!
  • EstrangedTiger
    dvdlzecjjjcy.jpg

Surf n' Turf! delicious wild caught crappie and bluegill, (by me) a couple slices of thick cut bacon, lots of dark green leafys and veggies, mushrooms, and plenty of butter. just total yummmm, and as nutrient dense as it gets!

Oh man, that dish looks like a restaurant photo!

And yes, those two types of fish are excellent.
  • DarthWaderMT
    first fresh walleye of the year!vqq7z72wzrzo.jpg
    d5jrwf9aso88.jpg
  • DarthWaderMT
    lrcuy46uh0dh.jpg

Mushroom and swiss burger!
  • blambo61
    That's making me really hungry! Looks awesome. When I lived in California, I used to go tuna fishing about twice a year and loved doing that. I love fish (all kinds) and could do that every day for a very long time!
  • DarthWaderMT
    come on up to minnesota, I will catch ya some! :)
  • blambo61
    come on up to minnesota, I will catch ya some! :)

I seriously would take you up on that if I ever get that ways!
  • DarthWaderMT
    cool!!