Latest book "Food: What the Heck Should I Eat" by Mark Hyman, MD

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
If you've been here a while you know that I read nutrition books as a hobby.
I'm now most of the way through Food: What the Heck Should I Eat.

I'm enjoying it. He's a lower carb advocate, but more specifically, he advocates eating whole foods, lots of plants, grass fed beef, wild caught, sustainable seafood. He spends a lot of time on my favorite subject: SLOW carbohydrates, aka low glycemic load foods.
He makes a solid case for grass fed cow products, and for choosing organic foods for a specific set of produce.

It's a good read. Not too sciencey. But still, full of science.
The audible version is read by the author.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I got on the "hold" list at the library. 39 copies. All checked out. I'm #60 on the wait list. Thanks for posting the release.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm a bit further now. He has a good section on Ketosis, and on MCT oil and coconut oil. A fun read.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thanks! I just finished The Obesity Code and have been looking for my next read. I'll check it out on audible today!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited April 2018
    Options
    In the end, I enjoyed this quite a bit. A bit like Michael Pollan's "Food Rules", with a low glycemic load lens, and with lots of science. I just downloaded his Sugar book (10-day-detox) and am doing that with a friend (I don't eat sugar, but thought it would be a good reminder), and am on a waiting list for Eat Fat Get Thin. He's fun to listen to. He laughs a lot.
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendation. I use Audible, and will check this book out. I also want to listen to the new book from Dr Fung - The Diabetes Code. My wish list is filling up!