Introductions

Options
Drop a message and let us know a little more about who you are!
---
I own a social media and digital marketing business, blog and work as a freelance/ghostwriter, working from my home office. I'm 31, married with 2 dogs (that love going for their daily walks) and would love to lose about 50lbs. It's great that I can make my own schedule, however, with all the extra responsibility I find it hard sometimes to fit it in! PLUS there's the fact that I'm home and it can be difficult to convince myself to leave the house hahaha

Replies

• kittyneedswine
    kittyneedswine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mortgage advisor working for a medium sized firm. We have an office that we can use but there's not enough room for us all at once, so I work from home about 50% of the time.

My partner does the same job, though we have separate offices at home so that we can have some space from each other.

I have 2 guinea pigs and like going to the gym. It's just hard to go as often as I would like at the moment.
  • katherinebeverly14
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kat, and I am 26 years old.
    I teach 9th and 12th grade Social Studies from the comfort of my home office. I tell everyone I meet that I have the best job in the world. I really do!
    My partner works from home, too. We have a little shih-tzu named Daisy who comes to work with us every day. <3
    I may have the most weight to lose of anyone here, looking to drop about 130lbs. I often work 10-12 hours a day, so I'm adding in exercise slowly as I have time. Nice to meet you!
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Karen. I am retired so I do work from home. Seriously looking for something to do at home. I need to lose about 185 just did the math very depressing. I love cruising.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm an Information Security Consultant (I hate that "C" word). My name is Billy and I'm 39. I get to work from home 95% of the time, except for the rare client meeting, or if I get to do a physical security assessment. I also get to work with 2 adorable kittehs; Smokie and the Bandit (brother/sister).
    My goals are different than most on MFP, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take the same dedication. I'm trying to add "good" weight after some hardcore chemo (not cancer though). Since I got sick years ago, any weight I was at was a "bad" weight in my mind because of the lack of muscle mass. But I'm slowly changing that. I refuse to spend my 40s as soft as I spent my 30s.
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm an Information Security Consultant (I hate that "C" word). My name is Billy and I'm 39. I get to work from home 95% of the time, except for the rare client meeting, or if I get to do a physical security assessment. I also get to work with 2 adorable kittehs; Smokie and the Bandit (brother/sister).
    My goals are different than most on MFP, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take the same dedication. I'm trying to add "good" weight after some hardcore chemo (not cancer though). Since I got sick years ago, any weight I was at was a "bad" weight in my mind because of the lack of muscle mass. But I'm slowly changing that. I refuse to spend my 40s as soft as I spent my 30s.

Chemo can really screw with your system, and it's so different for everyone. I'm a cancer survivor so I spend much of my time chatting with other cancer survivors and learning about their journey in a support group that I have started locally. I know quite a few are currently in the same boat post chemo - trying to rebuild the 'good' weight.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I work as a consultant in the engineering/environmental world and work from home. After a couple kids trying to get back to a healthy weight. Trying to make workouts fit around work + family commitments is a challenge... and I like food (after all, how else would I get to this point?).
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work from home for a large nonprofit doing PR. I've been working in my PJs for 5+ years! In that time, I have gained then lost then gained 50 lbs (I had two children) and am now at my goal weight-ish and looking to increase strength. I mostly work out so I can eat ice cream and drink a beer in the evening. :)
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello out there hope this will be more active. I work from home for a Hospital group as an Out Patient Surgery Coder. I sit a lot :( I have to read medical record charts all day. I am looking into a standing desk but I will still be in one position while standing or sitting. I have been wearing my Fitbit <3 and set it up to move every hour to do at least 250 within that hour. and in the last 2 weeks I have been doing it I do feel better and sitting is more comfortable :) movement seems to be the key to my comfort.