Any MFP Premium users on 5:2? Can you set a 500 goal?

Options
I'm thinking of giving 5:2 a go (I just ordered the Mosley book, I'm looking forward to reading it).

I see that MFP premium users can set a custom calorie goal by day, which I think would be handy for fast days. My question is, does the app allow you to set a low calorie day of 500? Or does it force you to set it to 1200?

I don't want to pay money if it's not going to allow me to set up two 500 days. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Replies

• rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I tried premium for a couple of months...

yes, you can set a custom calorie goal if you wish (i had 2 days with 500 kcal).

But you still cannot close the diary for that day - you get the warning about 1000-1200 as minimum.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I tried premium for a couple of months...

yes, you can set a custom calorie goal if you wish (i had 2 days with 500 kcal).

But you still cannot close the diary for that day - you get the warning about 1000-1200 as minimum.

That's great, thank you for letting me know!

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt - I think a lot of us just do the 500 calories and don't close the diary that day to avoid the scolding. :s
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    @IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt - I think a lot of us just do the 500 calories and don't close the diary that day to avoid the scolding. :s

Yup! But if it let me input 500 as goal then it would calculate macro percentage for me. Yes, I’m lazy!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @ryenday - Yes, in the perfect MFP world that is what would happen but unfortunately the site is not that flexible. :/
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Great tips, thanks!
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can I piggyback a follow up question? With Premium, is it possible to change your goals for a single day? For example, I normally do FD on Wednesdays and TDEE on Thursdays. Let’s say I have a week where I need to swap those 2 days around, just for that week. Does Premium allow you to adjust your goals on a day-by-day basis like that?
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    joflo723 wrote: »
    Can I piggyback a follow up question? With Premium, is it possible to change your goals for a single day? For example, I normally do FD on Wednesdays and TDEE on Thursdays. Let’s say I have a week where I need to swap those 2 days around, just for that week. Does Premium allow you to adjust your goals on a day-by-day basis like that?

Yes, you can set a custom goal for each day of the week and change them around anytime you wish.