CRAVING Chips - Help!

Options
char1iej
char1iej Posts: 36 Member
If you've read many of my posts, you probably already know that I love CHIPS, especially chips & salsa. I tried zucchini "chips" and baked cheddar cube "chips". Neither really hit the spot.

I'm craving a good keto chip -- and a lil salsa to go with them. I'm fine with store bought or making my own chips -- just want to have a few chips...Chips...CHIPS! :s

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I also love potato chips and they are one of the very few carby foods I do miss. I recently re-discovered roasted pumpkin seeds... they are crunchy and salty and totally yummy. They're a great movie snack and are the closest thing I've found that fills the void. :)
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cello Whisps (Parmesan crisps) are my go to chip these days. I tried Scandinavian crisps as well but they are almost more of a cheese cracker. I am torn I have seen lower carb options out there but aside from the Whisps none of them taste very good. It sounds strange but I've put a little salsa on salted Macadamia nuts or roasted and salted pecans it was pretty good.
  • ThreeLilBirdsFarm
    ThreeLilBirdsFarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I ditto pork rinds. I hated them plain but was looking for a vehicle for guacamole and found it seemed like a tortilla chip.
    Looking forward to Cinco de Mayo again.

No endorsements here but Epic salt & pepper was the brand

Ps. I am a very picky eater.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/low-carb-tortilla-chips-keto-gluten-free/

https://www.ruled.me/keto-tortilla-chips/

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-nachos/

https://simplysohealthy.com/best-low-carb-tortilla-chips/

And I've heard of and/or used each of these sites for various keto recipes before... I'd probably look at www.mariamindbodyhealth.com too. Maria Emmerich is one of my favorites for quirky recipes tasting authentic..
  • GoLisaGoSD
    GoLisaGoSD Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Cheese Bites! Less than 1 carb per serving. Or pork rinds. Or make your own "chips" from fathead dough (I'm a new fathead fan. Good stuff.)
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Radishes are crispy and sweet with a bit of heat, and dippable.
  • gramercyblue
    gramercyblue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    fairly new to keto, but when I had a craving for chips I took joseph's lavash wraps (could use cut da carb too I've heard), and toasted them in the oven. did the trick. like previous posters, i'll eat pork rinds as well. haven't tried making chips out of fathead dough, but it's on my to-do
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I actually like really crisp radishes to dip into guacamole. Sounds weird but it’s good!
  • char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try all of these...except the radishes. Gotta draw the line somewhere. :D:D
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am sure i have at least 10 pounds of extra fat due to chip binges. Fortunately, since doing fasting, and now Keto, my addiction to them seems to have vanished! I wish you success, i know how bad those cravings can be, and just eating one is like one sip of booze to an alcoholic.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    nill4me wrote: »
    Pork rinds

Have to agree...pork rinds have kept me from some dark places.
  • jla0610
    jla0610 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chips are my total weakness as well! The other night at dinner I had ONE tortilla chip with my family and then I could literally feel my mouth salivating for more...it was like crack! UGH...I'm gonna have to try pork rinds or those parmesan crisps.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    jla0610 wrote: »
    Chips are my total weakness as well! The other night at dinner I had ONE tortilla chip with my family and then I could literally feel my mouth salivating for more...it was like crack! UGH...I'm gonna have to try pork rinds or those parmesan crisps.

You can get bbq, hot, and plain pork rinds all zero carb.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If I just want that starchy crunch, rice cakes have 4g carbs each. (the craving is usually met with just one rice cake) I can load a whole can of tuna on one, cheese and lunchmeat, eggs and bacon, and lots of combinations and it satisfies that chip/bread feel. I might need to invest in the parm crisps, cause they sound awesome.
  • tshap40
    tshap40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We actually did the pork rinds with guacamole too and it was fantastic.
  • 1MissCrawford
    1MissCrawford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Kale chips pick chip size pieces from stalks rinse and squeeze dry in a towel then place on parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Drizzle a little coconut oil on them lil garlic, onion, pink hem salt, pepper, and mix. Pop in oven for 15 min on 350 degrees then, YUM!! munch on!