May the Force be with us: May weight-loss and accountability

Options
Whether we want to lose, maintain or bulk, Star Wars Day brings us some encouragement!

Replies

• FormerlyWallyAmadeus
    FormerlyWallyAmadeus Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for keeping this going.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!

Height 5'4"
    April 29: 130.0
    May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May goal: 126
    Ultimate GW: 125

I want to put 120 as my ultimate goal, but I’ve only managed to get there once -10 years ago without any distractions. I just don’t know if I can do with all that’s going on right now, but I’m determined to at least hit 125, as I know that is possible and feels good.
  • leah_not_leia
    leah_not_leia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2018 Starting Weight: 165 lbs
    Height: 5' 9"
    Ultimate Weight Goal: 145 lbs, aiming to lose between 1-3 lbs/month while maintaining muscle
    NonWeight Goal: 5 pull-ups in a row, focusing on how clothes fit/feel rather than just scale #
    Why I want to get in shape: September wedding, feel stronger, and get better at rock-climbing
    May 21:
    May 28:

May Goal: get/stay under 157 lbs (-2.6 lbs)
    May Loss:
    Great month for me to get on this bandwagon. Trying to get some meal prep going so I have fewer/no excuses for all of the eating out I'm prone to doing with my crazy schedule.

Height 5'7"
    April 29: 155.2 (Trend, today was a high weigh in but had a super high sodium dinner last night!)
    May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May goal: Sub 150 would be ideal, realistically, more like 153 on trend.
    Ultimate GW: 140, then will re-access if I should continue losing.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm hopping on. I'm not so happy with my percentages/comp, I feel flobby as my body fat is up so that's where I'm focusing. I've got about 0.9% of BF between me and my lowest ever BF weigh in. 2.3% would bring me to half of my body fat lost since I started losing.

Height: 5'10/5'11 I've measured as both.

April 30th: 142lbs. 22.3% body fat.

May goal: 22% body fat.
    UGW: maintain/no lower than 140.
    Non-scale goals: take it easy going back in after this current injury. Get through instructor training without popping something.
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0" / 153 cm
    HW: 61.7 kg
    GW: 47.5

End-of-April SW: 51.4 kg / 27.6% BF (Moving Average 51.3 kg)
    May GW: 50.2 kg / 26 % BF

May 3:
    May 10:
    May 17:
    May 24:
    May 31:

Hello everyone! Right, I think I'm back in the right headspace for May, after really finding myself in a motivation funk towards the end of last month. I let myself have a whole week off the gym (I know! Shocking) AND let myself have a big food day - I was out in London and just ENJOYED whatever food took my fancy without guilt. And it seems to have done the brain trick! I also got a new phone which seems to have been overestimating my calorie burn from steps, so I've fixed that and am ready to go.

So this week's goal isn't really about numbers - they'll probs be up - but instead it's reestablishing the habits which got me this far in the first place.

Also - I have a little bit of a stretch goal - my birthday is at the beginning of June, and I'd be over the moon if I could hit 50 before then... The numbers don't seem to quite stack up, but that would be AMAZING if I can, so a bit of an extra push there... :)
  • brig220
    brig220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I need this activity, thanks for starting this thread.
    I’m maintaining now, lost 15# in 2017-18 because cholesterol and scale # creeping up over time, now trying to keep them off without stressing too much about CICO.

Height: 5’ 9”
    Current weight: 134
    Goal maintenance: 130-135 (small frame)

I’m trying not to count every morsel of food I consume but keep up with portion control that I learned while losing. I’ve also learned to not go hungry and stay strong for my regular fitness sessions. I bike, swim, hike and should do more weight lifting.
    Goal for this month: maintain weight, more weight lifting and swimming.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, usually I vary a bit dependent on Tom, etc. Changing my gw from 115 to 110. Hoping to hit 110 by end of June!
    Height: 5'0
    Weight: 118.4
    GW: 110
    May GW: 114
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well my bulk is over. Right now I am spending a week at maintenance, then on to lowering the cals and leaning down. I think I did pretty well, about 14.5lbs gained in 7 months :)
    My goal will be slow and steady loss, I would say aiming for 0.5b per week or a bit less, but more focused on body composition and keeping as much muscle as possible as I lower bodyfat.

Height: 5'7"
    CW: 143.5lbs
    GW: 135-138lbs (guesstimate)

May 1: 144.2lbs
    May 8:
    May 15:
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Height 5'3"
    HW:159
    SW:155
    CW:140
    GW:120(ish)

April went a lot slower then I wanted, but I did a two week refeed with no logging, and seemed to have a hard time with appetite control throughout. I'm going at a different approach this month with paying attention to the hunger scale while simultaneuously logging. I'm hoping that will allow me to maybe be a little short on net calories for non-hungry days and be able to go over a bit on ravenous days. I'm hoping that will keep my weekly average lower then last month. Also I'm hoping it will help me keep tabs on portion control while getting into the habit of paying attention to AND heeding my hunger cues (or lack of). We have basically 1 month before summer is here, and that means 3-4 weeks before the mountain is melted off enough to go hike it. I feel like I should kick the cardio in high gear to prep for my first hike of the year. Let's hope expectation vs reality coincide for me this month. :wink: I have not taken measurements to see progress in that aspect. I'll have to do that before next check-in.

April Ending weight: 140.4 Trending 1407=.7 Lost in April= 1.4lbs
    May 1st Starting weight: 140.8
    Month End Goal: 138
    Stretch Goal: 135 (We'll see about that one, lol)
    BF%: TBA

May:8
    May:15
    May:22
    May:28
  • paulinemacca
    paulinemacca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Restarting on here after 18 months of various illnesses, related weight fluctuation and zero exercise. I need to get some structure back.

Height 5’ 7.5”
    CW 162
    GW 148

May goal 160
    Track every day
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well, hello water weight! I was very good all week, and then Saturday came. I am in a choir which is part of a larger community dance studio, and last week we had a big show (once every 2 years). It means rehearsing on Monday and Weds eve, performing on Thur & Fri eve, and two performances on the Saturday followed by an after show party. All of that on top of working full time (and I live a 30 min drive from the venue in clear traffic - the evenings meant travelling in rush hour so significantly longer travelling time) and an airport run for the man at 3am on Saturday morning. So Saturday was Starbucks for lunch (I went back to bed at 5:15am after the airport run), creamy pasta for dinner at a local restaurant, had some wine early in the day, then a G&T and a few lemonades around midnight). Come Sunday I was so unbelievable tired. I ended up going to the cinema by myself, ate a tube of Pringles, sweets, avoided dinner. All in all, not healthy. Then on Monday I was still too tired to focus on eating properly. Convenience won. But then Tuesday hit and I'm back!

Moving average has come down. It's just the last few days that have caused my weekly weigh in to suffer. Never mind. It'll go again. I'm actually not worried in that respect.

My bigger worry right now is my wrist. It's been playing up since the start of this year (ongoing issue for about 10-12 years but was minor, this year it's bad), but instead of flare ups earlier this year it is now permanently stiff with a significantly reduced range of movement. I already have to wear a wrist support in the car and in the gym, but yesterday it was more noticeable in the gym than it has been, especially in the overhead barbell press. Got a physio appointment on the 17th.

Height: 5'10"
    HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
    SW May: 161lbs (last April weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: Around 150lbs
    May goal: 157lbs
    May body fat goal: Below 25%
    End of April Measurements: Waist 76, Belly 95, Under bust 89, Bust 100

26th April: 179.4lbs - Body fat: 29.6%
    31st May: 173lbs – Body fat: 28.2%
    28th June: 170.6lbs - Body fat 27.6%
    26th July: 168lbs - Body fat 26.9%
    31st Aug: 169lbs - Body fat 27.2%
    27th Sep: 166lbs – Body fat 26.6%
    25th Oct: 164lbs - Body fat 26.3%
    29th Nov: 161.4lbs – Body fat 25.7%
    20th Dec: 163.6lbs – Body fat 26.1%
    31st Jan: 163.6lbs - Body fat 26.2%
    28th Feb: 162lbs – Body fat 25.8% (Moving average 161.8lbs)
    7th Mar: HOLIDAY! No weigh in
    28th Mar: 163.8 – Body fat 26.3% (Moving average 164.0lbs)
    25th April: 161 – Body fat 25.5% (Moving average 160.7 lbs)
    2nd May: 161.6 – Body fat 25.8% (Moving average 159.9lbs)
    9th May:
    16th May:
    23rd May:
    30th May:
  • girlreadingbook
    girlreadingbook Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'd be very pleased if I am able to switch to maintenance around the end of May combined with moving into some sort of strength training programme. That would mean losing about 2.5 kgs in May.
  • vnukinga
    vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My weight has been fluctuating up and down for the past week. I started to get concerned but it finally went down to 118.4 this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay down. I have been exercising heavily for the past 2-3 weeks and really watching my calories intake. My wacky thyroid is not helping but if I am in deficit I have to be losing weight eventually, correct?
    Anyway, my April goal sort of happened ( short of 0.4 lb) two days later.
    Here are the stats:

Height: 5'2"
    Waist: 27.5 inches
    Body Fat 20.4%
    Lean body mass: 94.3
    Body fat in pounds: 24.1
    HT: 124.9 lbs
    Ultimate Goal weight: 114 lbs
    END OF MAY GOAL: 114 lbs

April 1: 122.6
    April 6: 124
    April 13: 122.0
    April 20: 121.5
    April 27th: 120.7
    May 2nd: 118.4

Best of luck to all!
  • sjonesmse
    sjonesmse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Last month had a lot of travel towards the end and I lost touch with my goals. I'm getting after it HARD this month.

APRIL:
    HW: 150lbs (around 2008-2010)
    SW April: 126lbs (last March weigh in)
    Ultimate goal: 118lbs
    April goal: 120lbs and 26in waist (starting at 27.5in)

MAY:
    HW: 150lbs (around 2008-2010)
    SW May: 126lbs <-- HAHAHAHAHA IT'S THE SAME
    Ultimate goal: 118lbs
    May goal: 120lbs and 26in waist (starting at 27in)

PLAN:
    -MFP is set to 1100 calories a day
    -40% protein/30% carbs/ 30% fat macros goals
    -Adding HIIT 2x a week, LISS 3x a week
    -Strength training 5x a week

I plan to feel this out, and see how this calorie count goes. I have a fair amount of muscle, so I might need to increase to avoid burning up my muscles. I'll base that on fatigue and signs of overtraining. So far the last three days have been great!
  • itseclair
    itseclair Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    After a month of internal struggles, I decided to come back for the month of May and not be ashamed of myself. We are humans and humans make mistakes. So hello, may the forc- I'll save that line for the fourth (;

Height: 165cm
    Sw May: 145 lbs
    1st gw: 135 lbs
    May Goal: 142 lbs

Plan:
    - 1300 cals
    - 15 min treadmill 5x a week
    - 6500 steps
    - more water!

Alright good luck to us all!
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Height : 5'5"
    HW: 172 lbs
    CW: 145.9
    May goal: 135 lbs
    Long term goal: 135 lbs

April 26th - 138.0 lbs
    May 3rd - 139.7 lbs
    May 10
    May 17
    May 24
    May 31

Days are getting longer and warmer. Let’s give it another big push this month. Victory is within reach!!