Weigh In for 28th Apr - 4th May

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member

Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    SW: 241
    GW: 160
    LW: 199.8
    TW: 200.4
    OL: 40.6

Well I gained this week due to being at a work conference for 4 days. Even when I ate “healthy” I went over my calories. I ate dessert 3 times. Oh and I drank alcohol every day. So I am actually surprised I didn’t gain more! I am just sad because last week I finally made it under 200 lbs and I was SO happy. Now I am back up again. But I’ll get back on track!
  • wecoop
    wecoop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wendy here! I'm new! I'm weighing in as of today, Tuesday, May 1.

SW: 210
    GW: 150

• clairehardy77
    clairehardy77 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So glad I've lost this week, getting very grumpy with the whole thing. Upped my exercise but a few treats snuck in (mainly due to being fed up!)
    SW (11/04/18) 68.4kg (151lb)
    LW 67.7kg (149lbs)
    TW 66.1kg (146lbs)
    OL 2.3kg (5lbs)(over 3 weeks)
    GW 60kg (132lbs)
    How do people feel about having a "day off" from logging foods? I've logged since day one on here but Sundays I do very little (only day I don't do formal exercise) and as a result I tend to go over kcals wise...is not logging asking for trouble??? Xxx
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    So glad I've lost this week, getting very grumpy with the whole thing. Upped my exercise but a few treats snuck in (mainly due to being fed up!)
    LW 67.7kg (149lbs)
    TW 66.1kg (146lbs)
    GW 60kg (132lbs)
    How do people feel about having a "day off" from logging foods? I've logged since day one on here but Sundays I do very little (only day I don't do formal exercise) and as a result I tend to go over kcals wise...is not logging asking for trouble??? Xxx

Are you perhaps set to too aggressive a deficit? You should be able to fit a few treats in here and there, that's the whole point of a sustainable plan. You're not far off a healthy BMI (or possibly already in one depending on your height) so you should only be expecting to lose around 0.5-1lb per week.

If you already know you're going over that day, being less aware of what you're eating that day probably isn't going to help you in the long run. Why not plan your week accordingly and save a few extra cals here and there during the week (eat a little less across the rest of the week) for a Sunday or make a point of getting out for an extra walk. That said being over a few calories once a week isn't going to make too much difference either unless you're wiping out your whole week's deficit and more.

If you were set to 1lb loss per week that's a deficit of 3500 calories per week, if you stuck with it Monday - Saturday, to (theoretically because it's all estimates) you'd have to eat 4000 calories over your calorie goal to gain a pound. What you might find is that your weight fluctuates upwards for a couple of days after Sunday because you're eating more carbs/sodium than normal and that can cause water retention.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    OK I am going to check in every two weeks now:

SW: 195.4
    GW: 140
    LW: 172.2
    TW: 168.6

Loss of 3.6lbs. On the down again, phew!
  • clairehardy77
    clairehardy77 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LW 67.7kg (149lbs)
    TW 66.1kg (146lbs)
    GW 60kg (132lbs)

Are you perhaps set to too aggressive a deficit? You should be able to fit a few treats in here and there, that's the whole point of a sustainable plan. You're not far off a healthy BMI (or possibly already in one depending on your height) so you should only be expecting to lose around 0.5-1lb per week.

If you already know you're going over that day, being less aware of what you're eating that day probably isn't going to help you in the long run. Why not plan your week accordingly and save a few extra cals here and there during the week (eat a little less across the rest of the week) for a Sunday or make a point of getting out for an extra walk. That said being over a few calories once a week isn't going to make too much difference either unless you're wiping out your whole week's deficit and more.

If you were set to 1lb loss per week that's a deficit of 3500 calories per week, if you stuck with it Monday - Saturday, to (theoretically because it's all estimates) you'd have to eat 4000 calories over your calorie goal to gain a pound. What you might find is that your weight fluctuates upwards for a couple of days after Sunday because you're eating more carbs/sodium than normal and that can cause water retention.

Thank you, i'm set at "active", giving me about 1600kcals but most days I'm allowed extra due to exercise. I'm usually under kcals most days so probably need to stop being so tough on myself. Think I was just having an off day the other day (went to the gym that morning and cos I knew I couldn't run the next day cos we were out, I tried to run that night as well and not surprisingly ran out of energy...my periods are also looming round the corner so the hormones won't help my mood!!). Thank you, you have put things in perspective, i'll keep logging, so far i've had more loss than gain xxx
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember my last weigh in so I'm starting over:

SW (and currently) 155
    GW 140

• TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SW 225
    GW 140
    LW 184.2
    TW 181.9
    OL 43
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    SW: 192
    GW: 147

LW: 158.8
    TW: 158.3
    TL: 33.7

Been a crazy few weeks with confirmation and communion parties... Bank holiday weekend this weekend, but I'll be taking it easy as I'm wrecked after the past few weeks! Hoping to get back to my daily 10k steps for May... it's been slipping a bit lately
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    SW 208.6 lbs 2/10/18
    GW 160 lbs (not sure if this is my actual goal)
    LW 193.2 lbs 04/27/18
    CW 191.2 lbs 05/04/18 (-2 lb)

Total weight loss: -17.4

Got it going in the right direction again!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SW 194 lbs 2/12/17
    GW 125 lbs
    LW 162.0 lbs 4/27/18
    CW 159.0 lbs 5/4/18 (-3 lbs) (omg it felt good erasing the 6 in the 160's!)

Total weight loss: -35!

I'm down 20lbs since 1/4/18! This weekend is my 7 year anniversary and I'm so happy with my progress! Double celebration!!! Now, on to my next goal of 154 by June 4! My sister-in-law is getting married on June 9, so I'm hoping to be in a smaller size dress! Love all of the support on here! <3
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SW 241.2 lbs
    GW 160 lbs
    LW 206.8 lbs
    CW 205.2 lbs (-1.6 lbs)
    Total loss 36 lbs

I joined the gym yesterday. It feels great to be back at it. I really got in a funk and allowed myself to lack in exercise and indulge in sweets and bad food. I'm back.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sw 170
    Goal 130ish
    todays weight 150

I have been pretty laxe with keeping my diary accurate, and have not been focused on keeping active. Also been having some alcohol daily while gardening in the sun or gigging. . .I plan to get back into a healthier routine this week after an out of town visit with friends.
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    SW 198 lbs (4/20/18)
    GW 135 lbs
    LW 192 lbs
    TW 192 lbs
    OL 6 lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Bit of a delayed response, was away on Friday so here's my weigh in info now:

SW (1st Dec 2017): 217.2lbs
    GW: Next Goal - 215lbs, Then - 200lbs, Then - 185lbs
    LW: 223.2lbs (Trend)/223.2lbs (Actual)
    TW: 224.0lbs (Trend)/224.0lbs (Actual)
    Variance: +0.8lbs

Overall Loss from 1/12/17: n/a +6.8lbs
    Overall Loss from 1/12/16: 31.7lbs

After the weekend I am about a pound down from Friday's weight (lowest over weekend was 220lbs).
This discussion has been closed.