May 8 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    exercise - no (still out with the flu and cannot go far from my bed)
    calories - under
    tracking - yes

2nd day without exercise....

Urgh, it's awful being poorly. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and big hugs.

Frens0614 wrote: »
    Pass day 2! But I will not take more than one more!

Great determination, I wish you well for the rest of the month.
    RWayne48 wrote: »
    Exercised: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

@craigo3154 thanks for the encouragement :smile: I'm definitely finishing this challenge - it is very insightful to see where the calories are going and more importantly, am I getting enough of various nutrients...it's my first run and I expected a little bit of a challenge to stay with it

Well done for staying with us, it is a tough challenge and it takes determination and commitment to see it through. Great job for sticking it out and seeing it through til the end.

May 8th

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Not too much done today. I've been on the go for over a week, cycling, running, walking for miles, so decided to slow the pace down a little.
    So caught up on some much needed housework, lol, cleaned through the house, windows, and bedding and mowed the lawns, then a steady doggie walk.
    We couldn't go far as it's too hot for my girl, so we stuck to the short trail today and few hills.

Calories burnt:- 588
    Calories consumed:- 1497/1590

They bought in food at work today, doner meat and chips. I didn't have the chips but shared some of the meat and salad with a colleague. I didn' t have much but entered the calories in as a full meal - I'd rather be under my daily limit than over.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @trixsey1 "They brought in food at work today..." Always a killer when food is brought into work...but worse at holiday time. The firm I worked for had an office lunch every 2 weeks which was really a full blown sit-down meal in the conference room. We would barbecue steaks and seafood in back of the office building, have crockpot meals, special birthday dinners and always 2 dessert choices at every lunch. For boss's day, once, the support staff prepared an entire turkey dinner with all of the fixings. It was hard not to over-indulge....but I did, nonetheless, more than once!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,286 Member
    Options
    May 8, 2018
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,286 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @trixsey1 "They brought in food at work today..." Always a killer when food is brought into work...but worse at holiday time. The firm I worked for had an office lunch every 2 weeks which was really a full blown sit-down meal in the conference room. We would barbecue steaks and seafood in back of the office building, have crockpot meals, special birthday dinners and always 2 dessert choices at every lunch. For boss's day, once, the support staff prepared an entire turkey dinner with all of the fixings. It was hard not to over-indulge....but I did, nonetheless, more than once!

I honestly don't like these lunches, especially when the frequency is high. But, I have decided to treat them like any other eating out meals. Plan for it, pick and choose what will not blow my calories budget for the day. Be very picky with food that is not worth my calories expense. I treat some of these food items as viewing a dress I will never want to wear or buy.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,062 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying all the posts - thanks for the news! I had another hilarious playground session with the school kids I help out on Tuesdays. Running, climbing, all kinds of tearing about. A half hour of plenty of exercise that I have no idea how to log. I just know it does the job!

Tomorrow I have to feed and put the horses out and then drive to Montreal for a funeral. This man was a great musician, mentor, and friend. He lived to the fullest right to the end - hopefully we'll all keep our mojo the way he did.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 with 75 minute walk with DH and 90 minutes vacuuming and cleaning floors...yuck!

@Lil_Heather - Very proud of you for kicking the soda habit! You are now on the "autopilot" @craigo3154 described above...at least for refraining from soft drinks. He is so right about forming good habits with encouragement from UAC; and you are right about not eating out so much. If we prepare our own meals, we have a much better idea of what we are consuming as opposed to being served meals at a restaurant that are over-sized.
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes..   20 min cardio.. Upper body circuits 30min.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?  Yes

Trying to push myself farther each day with my intensity in my workout. Keeping same amounts of timing but creeping up in speed or intensity. My muscles are feeling it for sure! Feels good though.
  • morriganmom
    morriganmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Exercise- yes, water fitness class
    Calories- yes
    Tracking- yes
  • ghy139
    ghy139 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Exercise-yes
    Tracked-yes
    Calories-yes
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes to all. 20,000 steps. Calories under!
  • syrr
    syrr Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    May 8
    Exercise-yes, walking & yoga
    Calories-no
    Tracked-yes

Pass day #2