Spring Fever!

Options
cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
edited May 2018 in Social Groups
Hi All,
I don't know if we have spring fever or what, but we all seem to be struggling these last couple of weeks. Just know that we are all in the same boat - so pick up the oars and start rowing, Ladies!!

I know that I need to do something different, especially in the carb department. I've been talking about changing things up, but I've been back on the carbs lately and the scale is starting to show it. It gets crazy for me since my husband is big on sugary stuff and its always in my house. I'm going to get grilling this afternoon and see if I can turn things around.

Let's all share ideas this week and see if we all can't do a mental and physical jump start!

Carol

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. It really has been a struggle for me this month. The good thing, is I think I have been logging pretty honestly, so I was able to go back to my diary and evaluate what I'm doing wrong. I realized my net calories over the past month have been more at maintenance than to lose (compared to when I was losing consistently). I am working on just eating less and making better choices to keep me full.

Also, I have had the worst leg cramps in my life in my left leg for the past 3 weeks or so. I don't know what to do anymore. I've been trying to increase my potassium, I am well hydrated. It makes it very difficult to sleep as it mostly happens at night. I know this is also part of my challenge. If anyone has advice about the leg cramps, I'm listening! Thanks in advance :smile:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have STOPPED with all the counting and overly obsessing. I’m going to see where that takes me for the next 4-6 weeks.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Thank you for this post. It really has been a struggle for me this month. The good thing, is I think I have been logging pretty honestly, so I was able to go back to my diary and evaluate what I'm doing wrong. I realized my net calories over the past month have been more at maintenance than to lose (compared to when I was losing consistently). I am working on just eating less and making better choices to keep me full.

Also, I have had the worst leg cramps in my life in my left leg for the past 3 weeks or so. I don't know what to do anymore. I've been trying to increase my potassium, I am well hydrated. It makes it very difficult to sleep as it mostly happens at night. I know this is also part of my challenge. If anyone has advice about the leg cramps, I'm listening! Thanks in advance :smile:

Have you been checked for deep vein thrombosis? Don't mean to alarm you, but it if has been going on for 3 weeks, you might want to have it checked.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    I have STOPPED with all the counting and overly obsessing. I’m going to see where that takes me for the next 4-6 weeks.

Let us know how that goes! I pretty much ate everything in sight the last two days.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    leonadixon wrote: »

Have you been checked for deep vein thrombosis? Don't mean to alarm you, but it if has been going on for 3 weeks, you might want to have it checked.

I have not. I am currently dealing with osteoarthritis in that knee and it has been super swollen for several months. They did the cortisone injections in March that lasted for about 3 weeks. I will now be getting my second injection of Euflexxa tomorrow (of 3). I'm not sure if it's related, but I will be asking the ortho about it tomorrow. I am absolutely miserable!
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks from me also! I teach at uni and the semester is always a gruelling 12 weeks. My stress levels go up and my appetite follows suit. I'm doing better than previously in terms of exercise and trying to maintain something like a social life, but my summer serenity has gone (i live in the southern hemisphere, so this is really an autumn challenge for me). My diet is pretty good i think, but at 1200cals there is absolutely no wriggle room.

The upshot of it? Breathe out, remember that i have enough and that i just need to put one foot in front of the other in order to get anywhere.

Good luck to all in this group!
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think this spring weather has me feeling frisky and I've been going out and over indulging way too much. I've been hanging out with friends more and my husband and I have been going out to eat more frequently and when you're having fun it's easy to put the calorie counting on the back burner. On a positive note I have been working out with my friends, before we would just meet up and have some cocktails but now we are meeting up to run or go to the gym.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    so pick up the oars and start rowing, Ladies!!

^^^ yes yes yes

I know that I need to do something different....

^ yup!

Let's all share ideas this week and see if we all can't do a mental and physical jump start!

Carol

Thanks for this post Carol! My inner drive has been so weak. I think I’m bored.

Here are my ideas to get rowing:

- Today I’ll start putting our summer vacation together so there’s something to look forward to.

- l need something fun in life besides working out. Maybe taking an adult ed class would help me. I just feel vaguely like if I could bring my mommy brain back to life I’d feel better all around and that would help my health goals

- I might do some visualizing exercises, write down where I see myself headed; it’s been a while since I did this.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    I’m going to try Keto and get rid of carbs completely for a while. Good thing it’s grilling season. And that I like meat. Today is the first day and I hear day 3 is the “Keto flu” day, so Sunday may be miserable but at least I won’t be at work

Also I woke up with a headache and realized my water consumption has fallen off. Things seem to get out of control easily when I’m busy.

On the bright side, I did get some planks done!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In the final throes with school. Spent hours hunched over Photoshop collages, so bad for posture and my eyes. I have been logging consistently though eating to feed my brain cells. Hoping to get back to body cycle and to more exercise during the 3-month break.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Carol, thanks for this.

I'm in a good groove, but it's a groove... which implies I've been here for a while and it HAS become a little boring. And I am not really pushing myself 100%. I could list excuses (eg. I'm babying several injuries so that's my excuse to move less. But there's no excuse to not meet my deficit)

I could ask myself "why?" but I might think myself in circles all day. So here are just a few ideas I can try:

- getting out of my own head
    - putting a summer plan in place to visit the beach for a week, which should motivate me nicely
    - planning some kind of escape alone, which my soul really needs
    - cutting crackers and chocolate for a few days; fell into old comfort food habits; just - no.
    - looking into an adult ed class to take to change up my brain, get me out socializing, which I don't do
    - clarify my vision of what I am capable of
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Beer is my weakness!!! Still. I have no problems following a 1200 calorie diet. I fill up on vegetables and fruits. But then I add in my beer calories! I was down to 178.6 yesterday then drank and am up to 181 in one day. I have to just put it away and just have a couple when I’m out or have company. Once or twice a month.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely in this boat, but can’t find the motivation to grab those oars and pull pull pull. I’ve got one excuse after another... today was a challenging end to the week when something irritating that may come back to bite us came up... and so I gave in to the child’s nagging for a takeaway. Then had ice cream. And chocolate. I have, in fact, gone over maintenance for the first time in a while.

I’m reading through this thread to see if I can find something to lift me out of this rut.
This discussion has been closed.