Hello fellow Keto'ers!

Options
13»

Replies

• jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey Keto Pals

I feel like I am part of a secret club. We know how good this keto is but can't really share it out in the world. Or if I try to people turn off or say I'm nuts or something. I am going amazingly well since going on keto. It was a long process to get there, and even some doubts along the way. Man, I just look in the mirror now and I know that I've done the right thing. B)
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just giving an update:
    I'm on day 40 of this WOE. SW: 275 CW: 257 GW: 150.
    My biggest NSV is getting off injectible insulin. I've been diabetic for over 10 years, and been injecting insulin for the last 4 or 5. So to see my A1C and daily blood sugars go down to where I no longer need insulin is a HUGE reason why I started keto in the first place.
    Also, I can pull my pants off me without unbuttoning them! Woot!
    If anyone would like to be friends, feel free to add me.

Good on you Dani. I'm kicking *kitten* as well. You know that "endless energy" they talk of, well I have it. My house has never been cleaner, my work has never been so up to date and I'm climbing the walls. And I'm sleeping well. I was on Nexium for reflux for 25 years, I'm off it now. Wow! I have been on anti depressants for 5 years, mainly due to getting breast cancer, but I'm off them as well. I think the keto will help keep the cancer away, but will not risk it by stopping those meds. My sister's came back after 17 years.

Anyways, Dani, I'm happy and happy that you are doing so well too. At least we can all talk about it on this forum. B)
  • mrs_BF
    mrs_BF Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's been inspiring reading everyone's journey on keto. I'm trying to be patient - but also recognizing why I'm at a stand still (umm, a little too much calories at first). I'm on day 26 (almost the end of week 4) - my first 3 weeks wasn't calorie conscious, so I've been more mindful this week about it. Excited to be on this journey with you all!

SW: 159.5
    CW: 155.5
    GW: 135
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello - end of my 2nd week on Keto and IF - down 6 lbs already and was surprised to fit into into a size smaller pair of jeans that have not fit for a long time! It may be water weight but happy to see the scale move for a change.

Have not been missing the starchy carbs or sugar, I'm also not having any alcohol the first few weeks. Working out 5-6 days a week (morning boot camp classes), and watching calories somewhat, mostly on the days I am not exercising. Looking forward to no longer being unhappy with how I look in photos and having more energy and combating the middle age spread.

SW: 189
    CW: 183
    GW: would like 130 but would be ok under 140
  • LinzNicholeV
    LinzNicholeV Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!! I've been doing Keto for about a month now. I'm doing pretty well and have only had two occasions where I fell off the no-carb wagon, and honestly my body felt awful afterwards!
    I'm 30 years old and work in a state prison as a mental health counselor, so that keeps me pretty busy so I do a lot of meal-planning and cook a lot that will last me several meals for leftovers. That's been the easiest way for me to stay on track.
    My stats are:
    5'8''
    HW: 312
    SW: 304
    CW: 287
    GW: 150-ish
  • ThreeLilBirdsFarm
    ThreeLilBirdsFarm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Amandap0606
    Amandap0606 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am a 37 yrs old foster mom trying to get healthier for my family. I've been doing keto since February 4th of this year and have lost 23 lbs. The past couple months I've had a few cheat days that kind of turned into cheat weeks and I want to correct that. I have set a goal of being at my wedding weight by our 12th anniversary which basically gives me four weeks to lose 12 lbs. This is just a small goal in my weight loss journey. I'll have 40 more pounds left to lose after I hit my anniversary goal. Good luck to everyone!

SW: 198
    CW: 177
    GW: 125

• amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been following keto for almost six weeks (40 days) and lost 20.2 pounds so far. It was a bumpy start. I lost 19 pounds in the first 18 days, then promptly started gaining back 8 of those over the next ten days. I've finally lost those 8 plus a bit more. I still feel like a beginner with this way of eating but I need to make changes to find a healthier me. I'm looking to lose about 135 pounds in total.

I am amazed at how I don't crave the sugar or carbs any more. I'm still struggling with the "emotional eating" and have to work to keep from eating when I am not hungry.
  • gwendyprism
    gwendyprism Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    jlzpo1 wrote: »
    Greetings- just started on MyFitnessPal a few days ago. Been following WW's Program since June 2016 when I was 253 lbs and lost 90 lbs. Trying to reach optimal BMI for the past year without success. Now trying keto diet with intermittent fasting to break-through and lose the final 10-15 lbs. WW has been great up to now, but I think I need something radically different to shock my system into resuming weight loss.

Started on keto plan about 4 days ago- most difficult thing honestly is trying to get to 80% fat goal....protein seems to creep into my fat allotment. Primary protein sources - chicken, tofu, ham, turkey. Fat sources - avocado mayonnaise, coconut/olive/avocado oil, cheeses (brie/blue), nuts (macadamia/hazel/pecan/walnut), almond butter, along with ranch dressing, spinach, celery, apple cider vinegar. Any other suggestions on palatable high-fat/low protein food would be greatly appreciated.

Many people say don't worry about hitting fat macros if you're doing keto to lose weight. Concentrate on keeping carbs low and just eat when hungry until satisfied. I too switched from WW to keto after stalling for 2 years on WW. I still go to meetings for face to face support but I don't count points and i track on a different app.
  • nandyt001
    nandyt001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am excited to begin my keto journey. Been doing a lot of reading and research to make sure I get things right. Looking forward to sharing with you all. Please share any tips/tricks if any. I have 20 stubborn pounds to loose, and am so ready to do this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,130 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone....My name is Megan I am 48 a single mom who homeschools her daughter...I recently had a health scare back in Jan. of this year...I was hospitalized for 9 days with the flu/pneumonia ...found out I had copd and type 2 diabetes....I am not new to keto...but just returned to it along with returning to MFP.....Nice to meet everyone

• Jkowals123
    Jkowals123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi , day 3 of Keto for me and I feel great but not in ketosis yet. I pee’d so much out on day one like a balloon deflating.
    SW: 155
    CW: 152
    GW: 130
    What kind of exercise are you all doing? I usually exercise hard 6 days a week but now doing just 1 hour walking, mowing lawn, or yoga.