Hi Everyone! Thanks for the Add!

Options
littlegibbs62
littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
Hi guys, I'm new to the group! Thanks for the suggestion to join, @fit_chickx !

I had RNY on Feb. 20, 2018, and am working hard to shed the pounds and reclaim my health and fitness! Yayyyy to us all!

I look forward to getting to know and support each of you.

(Psssst-any tips on getting free version of MFP to accept my completed daily food log with under 1000-1200 cals?)

Replies

• StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome @littlegibbs62! I don't think there is any way to close out your daily log if you don't meet the minimum calories, regardless of free or paid versions of the app.
  • littlegibbs62
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Welcome @littlegibbs62! I don't think there is any way to close out your daily log if you don't meet the minimum calories, regardless of free or paid versions of the app.

Thanks Steven! Wish there was a way for MFP to know that bariatric peeps are quite diff in the early months post surgery. Of course you know this--am preachin' to the choir. LOL. Many only eat 1000cals after 9-12months post op! :neutral: (For me, I'm able to get my 74g P; 40g C; approx 30g fat give or take into 750 cals. So I'd love to final that each day.)

Do you know if they ever take suggestions seriously about stuff like that?
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Thanks Steven! Wish there was a way for MFP to know that bariatric peeps are quite diff in the early months post surgery. Of course you know this--am preachin' to the choir. LOL. Many only eat 1000cals after 9-12months post op! :neutral: (For me, I'm able to get my 74g P; 40g C; approx 30g fat give or take into 750 cals. So I'd love to final that each day.)

Do you know if they ever take suggestions seriously about stuff like that?

I'm not really sure about the administrators taking suggestions. I think they just base the minimum calories on federal guidelines. I've just learned to live with not completing my diary when that was the case. Even now when I eat on average & log 1500 calories, I usually don't bother to finish out my diary as I am so used to not being able to! LOL.

• littlegibbs62
    Options
    That's what I've been doing. Just logging and not completing. :)
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @littlegibbs62 Hi! What I often do so I can close my diary is to create a food called “extra calories to close” or whatever you want to call it. You will be prompted to put in the calories and the serving. That way MFP “sees” that you had enough calories, but you know what you ate personally. Hope this helps
  • littlegibbs62
    Options
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    @littlegibbs62 Hi! What I often do so I can close my diary is to create a food called “extra calories to close” or whatever you want to call it. You will be prompted to put in the calories and the serving. That way MFP “sees” that you had enough calories, but you know what you ate personally. Hope this helps

Awesome plan! Thanks so much for this!