Like Minded Lushes - Summer 2018

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
What? The year is half over?! Bring on the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer! And of course the adult beverages that come along with that! B)

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm going to do my best to establish a good routine this week!! No vacays planned until July so it's time to crack down and get healthy. Anyone else have summer plans?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Been lushing along as usual. We leave for Bonnaroo on Thursday so no sense in stopping now! Actually I will get a 0 tonight, but that's probably it. When we return, I want to take a couple week break either no alcohol at all, or none during the week and try to moderate a little better on weekends. I need a reset......
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Syd! And in answer to Syds question on summer plans:

Our backyard improvement project is slowly moving forward. We had an area cleared of brush and will ultimately put in a swing set, climbing wall and zip line. Its a project my wife wants to do. I help by staying out of her way.

In a bit of a slump, not keeping track of calories or exercise. Moderation, not so much.

We have had family company the past two months, EVERY weekend. I am sure that has much to do with the lack of consistency.

Have a great week all!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Gary, sounds like you're all set for Grandkids in that backyard! Family is never going to leave ;)
    Ashley, you're having loads of fun, as usual!
    I'm trying to recover from the crazy last 3 weeks and don't feel like doing a damn thing. I just can't get motivated to move forward with the kitchen remodel so I decided to re-do the son's room and update a few things in our master. Our backyard needs work too, but my brain won't even go there yet. It's all stuff that needs to happen but it feels overwhelming. So I'm basically doing nothing. Keeping up with the wine tho!! :p
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Mederating pretty well here - zeros during the week, even on Friday! Saturday had a few and probably one today...working my butt off around the house today!
    No big summer plans over here, September is our anniversary, I'm sure we'll do something then. Still trying to recover from my big 50th blowout back in May! ;):#
    I want to play in Gary's backyard! :# sounds like a lot of fun!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    As for the backyard- fun! The contractor is out today to do some more work. We leave today for four days on the Oregon coast so we hope to be surprised when we get home.

Not in the groove and the weight shows it. I am hoping this trip helps me reset.

Have a great week and see ya all on Friday!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You're doing awesome, Ann! I see all your workouts too.

Well, I'm up 2 lbs. I think the lack of exercise has finally caught up to me. I've been maintaining my weight without it for a while, but now it's time.
    Hope Mama Lush is doing ok! Check in when you can, Robin!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We posted at the same time, Gary...enjoy your trip!!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Enjoy your trip Gary!
    Syd- I can gain two pounds thinking about food! :# not to discourage you against exercise, just sayin' - 2 lbs isn't too bad, especially when you're having fun! ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone! And Happy Father's day, Gary! :flowerforyou:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the Father's day wishes Syd! :*
    The camp trip was great! Too much indulging but I did manage 30 miles on the trike.
    Back to counting calories. Finally feeling motivated.
    Have a great weekend all!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Survived the weekend with the grandson. Getting ready for a family reunion this Friday through Monday at our place. It should be wild. I am hoping that the extra running around will keep the calories in check. The family are very light drinkers so I should do fine. :drinker:

Will be in the high 80s this week- a little too warm for this kid!

• ryzeman
    Options
    Too quiet in here!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Everyone is enjoying their summer I guess!
    Husband's bday is tomorrow. Out to trivia night at the brewery tonight, dinner with friends tomorrow. Trying not to go overboard with food and booze.
    Enjoy your family reunion Gary! I usually need edibles when I'm around mine :D
  • ryzeman
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Everyone is enjoying their summer I guess!
    Husband's bday is tomorrow. Out to trivia night at the brewery tonight, dinner with friends tomorrow. Trying not to go overboard with food and booze.
    Enjoy your family reunion Gary! I usually need edibles when I'm around mine :D

I guess they must be! Warm here but is suppose to moderate by Thursday. Enjoy your night out and celebrating you husbands bday!

Re: the reunion. Edibles etc will help!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    We won! (because we happened to have a guy who was an Usher fan and could rank 4 of his songs from most recent to least) Yeah...I contributed zip. Other than having 1 1/2 beers. I moderated well!! Dinner out tonight. I plan on 1 margarita.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hoo-ray for the trivia win Syd! Enjoy dinner!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Stuck to 1 margarita, success!!
    Ready to finish off the week strong, hopefully losing some or all of those 2 pounds I put on.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Way to slay it Syd!

The reunion starts tomorrow at our place and will go until Monday night. I will be busy with the hosting stuff so will undoubtedly moderate.
  • amcanzo
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Good luck with the reunion Gary! When it comes to family, I always remind myself I didn't pick them- I'm just stuck with them... :D
    Great job moderating Syd! I did pretty good yesterday myself- nephews grad party (again with family!) Just 2 beers all day!