Super hungry after lifting

Options
categ78
categ78 Posts: 47 Member
Hi newbie lifter here

I work out 2-3 times lifting heavy a week plus one cardio
At 5.3’ and 132lb I’m eating just -200 from my tdee which makes a current daily goal of 1850 and macros are 40 carb, 30 protein, 30 fat

Ideally I want to lose 10lb fat and gain muscle but happy for this to happen slowly and not be hangry (hence tiny cut)

However on lifting days... or more specifically the middle of the night after sessions I’m starving and end up eating 2-300kcal extra

Is this usual? Or how do I advoid it? Any ideas much appreciated xx

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    When do you do your cardio? I find lifting doesn't affect my hunger, but cardio, approximately 24-36 hours later will leave me with a serious case of the hangries....
  • categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cardio on Saturdays and Sundays and I’m sleepy and a little more nibbly but stick with my kcal

Lifting mid week I feel like I could eat a horse! Even after upper body

I’ve decided to eat at tdee on lifting days as that’s better planned than an unplanned binge. Plus at least I’ll recomp even if Im terrible at cutting!!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    You're not a bad weight for your height, especially since you're lifting. I'm 5'5" and 140 now at the end of my bulk. If you ate at tdee and 1800 on lifting and non lifting days respectively, you'll still make great progress.