JUMP IN June 2018: Week 2 (6/8-6/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
Repeat of the challenge blurb:
New month knocking on the door, new challenge!
This month's theme came to us last year courtesy of @kfat1. I liked the idea so much, I decided to use it again this year. And also, it was already dreamed up, and I'm lazy. :bigsmile:
kfat1 wrote: »
JUMP IN June....a motivational challenge? Jump on in, feet first, full steam ahead, make a plan and jump right into it with all your determination, no excuses, just get it done! Make weekly goals,challenges and just jump in and do it! By the end of June, look back at your challenges and see which ones you JUMPED IN and GOT DONE!

Excellent idea!

The challenge starts tomorrow. So go ahead and post your goals, whether it be nailing down plan Basics, increasing your fitness, or adopting healthy habits. Anything is fair game as long as it's in pursuit of your health or fitness. :+1:

Jump on in!
b8aacaba6695bbc94f0df05cd4546bf9.jpg

Replies

• marisol787
    marisol787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had a happy hour with some girl friends yesterday, I drank too much wine but stayed low carb for my meal. Missed my workout though, so need to pick up the pace this weekend to make sure I get 3.5 hours in.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was great. Exceeded my 45k steps by 2000 and change. Still working on upping my protein and going leaner. Steady as she goes, Captain!

@baconslave congrats! A long term livable lifestyle change.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week (day 2 of 7)

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 1/5
    2. Macros in range 2/7

Exercise
    3. Gym 6/7 2/6
    4.Get to 10’000 steps 5/7 1/5

Sleep:
    5. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 2/7
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stop eating processed carbs and sugar. I realize that if I was eating Keto the way I should be that this would be a no brainer. Unfortunately I am still bingeing on mainly sugar at least once a week. I began reading 8 weeks to sugar free by Karin Thomson and the first week went great. I am now re-starting week 2 for the second time.
    I realize I must become a sugar abstainer as all it takes is a taste to send me into a downward spiral.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well. Pulling up my big girl pants and cleaning the slate.
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    Goals for this week (day 3 of 7)

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 2/5
    2. Macros in range 3/7

Exercise
    3. Gym 6/7 3/6
    4.Get to 10’000 steps 5/7 1/5

Sleep:
    5. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 3/7
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    mcw2018mfp wrote: »
    Not doing so well. Pulling up my big girl pants and cleaning the slate.

Tomorrow is a fresh day :-) <3
  • bozmo
    Options
    log it :)
    eat it :)
    the chille rellenos were fantastic! A repeater for certain. Ate outside on the porch because the weather was so beautiful tonight!
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    Goals for this week (day 4 of 7)

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 3/5
    2. Macros in range 4/7

Exercise
    3. Gym 6/7 4/6
    4.Get to 10’000 steps 5/7 1/7 my biggest challenge with this is I always leave my phone lying around so miss out on most of my steps - cant wear a fitness tracker due to the type of work I do (have to be bare below elbows)

Sleep:
    5. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 4/7

I’m now switching to nights for 4 nights so I’ve planned ahead for today/tonight - will post in mornings I guess - stupid shift work confuses
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Great weekend so far...got my planned workouts in, carbs are in check (even at a triple crown party) and we have a bbq today but the host is LCHF, so it should be easy.
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am jumping in to try and convince myself that I CAN make a goal and keep. I must do this for my health. Lots of failures on attempts to eat better and move more. Today is a new beginning.

Goals for June 11 - 16:

Log what I eat every day
    Exceed tracker step goal by 100 steps
    Find and complete a calming bedtime routine to reduce stress and encourage sleep
    Lose at least one pound this week.
  • bozmo
    Options
    log it :(
    eat it :(
    I went overboard with late night snacks. Darn those smokehouse almonds are good.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    bozmo wrote: »
    log it :(
    eat it :(
    I went overboard with late night snacks. Darn those smokehouse almonds are good.

I hear ya. I kinda sorta dug into an excessive amount of almonds last night. Mine were raw and unsalted to help keep tastiness thus excessiveness to a minimum. Didn't seem to help this time. Bummer. :)
  • rgg71
    rgg71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in for week 2!
    • Exercise 3 x week (Week 1= 2/3 :| )
    • Log every day (Week 1= :) )
    • Net carbs below 30 (Week 1= 15 :D )
    • 5:2 every week (Week 1= :) )
    • Plan fast days a week ahead (Week1= :))
    • Alcohol no more than 3 days per week (Week1= :))
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ok, got on scale today and was up two lbs. Kept carbs low but perhaps was a little lax on calories, but nothing drastic. Could be normal fluctuation. Will carry on and be more careful with calories.

Am on my last 20 and ALWAYS have a very slow time at this point.
  • marisol787
    marisol787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Carbs were a little higher than I wanted over the weekend and the scale showed it today. Still got my workouts in but need to step it up this week along with lowering my carbs and overall calories.