JUMP IN June 2018: Week 2 (6/8-6/14)

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Exercise, logging and fasting were great all weekend but a grad party on Saturday led to some very poor food choices. It doesn’t happen often so I got back on track Sunday. I was dying for an after dinner snack last night but focused elsewhere and avoided it. I started body shred today, ran and got a dog walk in, so the week is starting off well. If I can get past the snacking, I should be back on track to losing the last 5.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Day 5/7

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 4/5
    2. Macros in range 5/7

Exercise
    3. Gym 6/7 5/6
    4. I’m canning the 10’000 steps on as I keep leaving my phone in the vehicle when I’m at work and it’s completely impossible to track

Sleep:
    6. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 5/7
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,565 Member
    Sunday and today carbs were higher than usual but it's summer and I like wine ;)
    Steps so far this week 29k of 45k goal with two days left. Will have to walk at lunch and after work tomorrow and spin class set for Thurs.
  • 23rochelle23
    Day 6/7

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 5/5
    2. Macros in range 6/7

Exercise
    3. Gym 6/7 6/6
    4. I’m canning the 10’000 steps on as I keep leaving my phone in the vehicle when I’m at work and it’s completely impossible to track

Sleep:
    6. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 6/7
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Jumping in for week two!
    down 5.5 pounds this week but REALLY need to do better food/meal planning..so that's this weeks goal!
  • bozmo
    I still haven't lost weight in a month :( I know its harder for 50yo women, but *kittens*. It seems everyone else is just shedding the pounds. I'll stay the course. I am testing ketones with a blood meter and am in ketosis. But I would really like to be one of the people who makes noticeable losses weekly.
  • 23rochelle23
    I’m REALLY impressed you’re staying on track without the weight loss!!! Have you lost inches at least? Or no change whatsoever?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    bozmo wrote: »
    I still haven't lost weight in a month :( I know its harder for 50yo women, but *kittens*. It seems everyone else is just shedding the pounds. I'll stay the course. I am testing ketones with a blood meter and am in ketosis. But I would really like to be one of the people who makes noticeable losses weekly.

Hopefully you are weighing and measuring your food intake since you are not losing? I'm confident you know (or have read) that being in ketosis does not directly cause weight loss. There are thousands who eat ketogenic as a lifestyle in maintenance and do not lose weight by intentionally eating maintenance calories versus deficit calories. Calories in< calories out still applies. Here's a good 7-8 minute reminder about calories and when to count/track. I will reinforce the idea that Dr. Westman says that Keto is not a calorie counting diet....unless or until....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSRTnDsMCHQ&amp;t=266s

• bozmo
    I’m REALLY impressed you’re staying on track without the weight loss!!! Have you lost inches at least? Or no change whatsoever?

My husband things my face is thinning. I do feel like I'm losing, but the scale disagrees.
  • bozmo
    kpk54 wrote: »

Hopefully you are weighing and measuring your food intake since you are not losing? I'm confident you know (or have read) that being in ketosis does not directly cause weight loss. There are thousands who eat ketogenic as a lifestyle in maintenance and do not lose weight by intentionally eating maintenance calories versus deficit calories. Calories in< calories out still applies. Here's a good 7-8 minute reminder about calories and when to count/track. I will reinforce the idea that Dr. Westman says that Keto is not a calorie counting diet....unless or until....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSRTnDsMCHQ&amp;t=266s
    One of my favorite videos. Yes I'm tracking everything - well the best I can.
    There was also an interesting podcast by Jason Fung (on his podcast site but I forget which episode). As I recall he mentions two things: one is that you will most likely lose fat in the reverse order you gained it. So your newest fat goes first and that fat you've had on your thighs since childhood will be last. The second is that your body has "setpoints" and its harder to break through these since your body wants to keep stasis there. So if you were the same weight for several years and now are trying to change that weight its more difficult. I bring this up because if true, this may be my stall. I was this same weight for several years. Hopefully once I break through I will go down to my skinny weight I had for decades :) Time will tell.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Apparently the gym and I are in a fight.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cadori wrote: »
    Apparently the gym and I are in a fight.

uh oh. Don't bruise your knuckles too badly as you beat it down. :wink:
  • 23rochelle23
    Day 7/7

Food:
    1. Get up to my food calories 5/7 (I’m struggling to eat enough for some reason). 6/5
    2. Macros in range 6.5/7 - I went to 30gm carbs today with 2 marshmallows :D:D:D:D

Exercise
    3. Gym 7/7

Sleep:
    6. Get to bed in time to have at least 7hr a night 7/7
  • bozmo
    6/13
    eat it :(:(:(
    I had a friend in town who I haven't seen in a while and we met at a brewery. I planned on one beer. A few beers later the nachos looked good. crap. Well back to the clean eating today!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    I’ve logged, exercises and fasted the last few days as planned. Today is on track as well. I’ve been able to manage not snacking after dinner this week but the want is still there even if true hunger isn’t.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,565 Member
    Not going to meet my weekly step goal today, looking at about 8000 shy. Had to bring hubby to the ER the other night, minor thing but it really put a wrench in my routine.

Going camping this weekend, kayaking and walking planned plus keto camping meals.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member

I seem to be in the same boat as you! Haven't lost an ounce in two weeks and really way over 50 yrs :) Keep telling myself Must Keep Trying. It does get discouraging at time.
  • bozmo
    supergal3 wrote: »
    I seem to be in the same boat as you! Haven't lost an ounce in two weeks and really way over 50 yrs :) Keep telling myself Must Keep Trying. It does get discouraging at time.

Yeah, it was really easy to lose weight (and not even gain it) in my 30's. All those women who told me "just wait until you're 50 - that doughnut will go straight to your hips" were right. sadly. I do have better energy and I feel slimmer - even though my pants are liars and tell me I'm still the same size.

[keep saying to myself] Stay the course, make minor adjustments, do what you can do.

Recognizing the non-scale victories keeps me sane. And I think that just being in the mindset of "I'll be skinnier soon" helps me dress with more flattering form fitting clothes rather than the "I'm fat" loose t-shirt.