Looking for like minded friends..

Options
primalpam
primalpam Posts: 64 Member
Hey All.
Longtime MFP member who logs off and on when I feel the need. Currently in a logging phase. :smile:

I seriously need some like minded friends.

Full disclosure: I am a Certified Primal Health Coach. I am NOT going to try and get you as a client. I am NOT using MFP to advertise it. I will NOT ever even mention it on my Feed. Promise! I only mention it because it's in my "about me" section. I don't want people seeing that and thinking that I'm trolling for clients. LOL

I just seriously need some friends that aren't logging cheetos and 250 carbs a day. It's all I can do to just stay quiet.

In case it matters....
Female
Married
Mom to 10 year old
Been Primal for about a year and a half.

Thanks!

Replies

• eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @primalpam hi. I've been logging on for 500+ days, but sometimes with more purpose than others. I'm trying to get back to eating properly primal and not slipping up so often
  • eve70
    Options
    @primalpam I've lost some of my post. I'm female, 47, long-term partner, 2 kids, been primal about 6yrs.
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Eve. Sent you a request.
  • eve70
    Options
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad to see someone posting in here again.
    I’ve been on MFP for years. I stick to my little group of friends and stay off the General forums because there’s so much negativity.

I follow: Paleo/IF 18/6
    Trying to combat unexplained weight gain over last 4 years (definitely not thyroid related, now being tested for Insulin Resistance)
    I’m 55, female
    Workout 5 days a week varying HIIT on Bike or Concept 2, Yoga, free weights. Sometimes I nap instead.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome @HestiaMoon1!!

I think we are starting to get some fun and cool people that don't trash each other for everything. Isn't that nice!!!

I like how you 'sometimes nap instead'!! Yay!! Unplug, unwind, try to eat as whole - food (non-processed) as you can...that should be our little groups motto.

• eve70
    Options
    @HestiaMoon1 I've been on here for years, too. I've come onto this forum, because I know I'm mostly likely to stick to it better with a bit of outside support. I try to IF 16/8 atm.

@madwells1 Here's to fun and cool people!
  • Gritty_Gal
    Gritty_Gal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam,
    I’m not Primal, but since I got my Instan Pot we eat more meat and veggies :) You won’t find cheetos on my profile, but I do make my own bread, so occasional sandwich will be gracing my log... (if you have a recipe for primal bread made in a breadmaker, I’d be happy to try it
  • eve70
    Options
    Welcome, @Gritty_Gal. I think the whole point of primal is whole, unprocessed food and what works for you. There are paleo/primal bread recipes, but I've no idea what they're like.
  • skorpi09irl
    skorpi09irl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to consider myself about 90% paleo/10%keto. I mostly aim for Whole Foods but some Whole Foods are not keto friendly, and some keto things I consume are not paleo friendly(sometimes cheese and yogurt). However, I like to learn new paleo recipies that I can make.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Gritty_Gal wrote: »
    Hi Pam,
    I’m not Primal, but since I got my Instan Pot we eat more meat and veggies :) You won’t find cheetos on my profile, but I do make my own bread, so occasional sandwich will be gracing my log... (if you have a recipe for primal bread made in a breadmaker, I’d be happy to try it

I bake my own bread too! It’s hard to find organic flour where I live though. I don’t know a Paleo recipe for a bread machine. I really like Elana’s Pantry for almond flour breads that I can eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Pam. I'm not particularly primal by design, but I don't eat many heavily refined convenience foods, highly refined carbs or the like. You'll never find cheetos in my log. If I log at all. ha.
    I eat primarily protein, veg, nuts and seeds, some dairy, very few grains, a few fruits.
    I'm 53, (post)menopausal. I walk regularly, do yoga and pilates classes on alternating days. Try to jog a few times a week... Married, no kids. Cheers.
  • eve70
    Options
    Hello to @skorpi09irl and @Sabine_Stroehm. I eat a little dairy, I tried cutting it out last year, and I'm not sure it made much difference. I will eat some unpasteurised cheese, grassfed butter and greek yoghurt, maybe a little cream in my coffee. I do also eat some soy from time to time, in the form of miso, tofu or edamame beans. I think it's about what works for you. I'm currently trying to be low carb, to reduce body fat %, and it does make me feel better too.
  • heartsaver81
    heartsaver81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me...I'm always looking for like minded friends :)
  • eve70
    Options
    heartsaver81 I've sent you a request ☺
  • Paleo_Babe
    Paleo_Babe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm always looking for new primal friends.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for like-minded friends. I'm a Certified Nutritional Therapist and currently follow a Paleo/Keto diet and routinely practice IF. I may hawk my IG page in my feed occasionally, but don't push my business on anyone. I'm like the "woo" queen on the main boards here LOL
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm also always looking for like-minded friends. I am not following a paleo/primal diet, but I have found the most success at my current age and lifestyle with eating mostly Keto. I feel better than I have in a very long time. I'm working on losing weight and I'm within 20 lbs of my goal, but this is a lifestyle now for me because of how much better everything in life is when I am taking care of myself!
    I only belong to one Keto group because I do not subscribe to high fat keto, I try to be low carb, high protein and moderate to low fat. The high fat numbers do not work for me and growing up in the 80s and 90s and I just can't wrap my head around eating large quantities of fat on purpose!
    Hopefully no one will see Cheetohs in my diary, and you definitely won't see 250 carbs per day, but I would like to say up front that I have 1-3 days per week where I am not "on track" and I am okay with that - but feel free to check me if I seem to have strayed :) lol
    I'm Female
    48 year old
    Married
    4 daughters aged 8 - 15

• MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm on the lookout for paleo/primal/keto friends. :)