So close to surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I see the endocrinologist at 1 today. They called yesterday that was so fast. It was only Friday when I saw my Bariatric MD. she told me she wouldn’t let this add time to my bypass date. Wish me luck and thank you :)
  • DsSquishy
    DsSquishy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the surgery date! How did your appointment with the Endocrinologist go yesterday?

I am meeting with my bariatric team at the end of July, and it is quite possible I will get my surgery date very shortly after that. Fingers crossed, since in Canada you are at the mercy of the public healthcare system. haha. :wink:
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get other issues in check. It will make recovery a lot easier if you don’t have to worry about other things. I’m sure everything will go smoothly for you. Hang in there!🤗
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    DsSquishy wrote: »
    Congrats on the surgery date! How did your appointment with the Endocrinologist go yesterday?

I am meeting with my bariatric team at the end of July, and it is quite possible I will get my surgery date very shortly after that. Fingers crossed, since in Canada you are at the mercy of the public healthcare system. haha. :wink:

I am also in Canada (MB) , took me about 18 months to even get an appointment with the bariatric clinic here, after that things went faster!
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I got a call from the surgeon and get to see him in 2 weeks so insurance has given approval so hope he can get me a surgery date when I seee him
  • DsSquishy
    DsSquishy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

I am also in Canada (MB) , took me about 18 months to even get an appointment with the bariatric clinic here, after that things went faster!

In NS, there is only one doctor and the wait list just topped 11 years from referral submission. :(. It is really sad. I wish they would train/recruit another doctor and then the wait list would be literally half as long. However, the government just doesn’t want to fund the department.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »

In NS, there is only one doctor and the wait list just topped 11 years from referral submission. :(. It is really sad. I wish they would train/recruit another doctor and then the wait list would be literally half as long. However, the government just doesn’t want to fund the department.

That’s very frustrating if their is a list that long their is obviously a need for it that exceeds what one surgeon can do and take care of! It amazes me that some health care systems don’t see the life saving measure that it could be.
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    Well here I am 2 days before surgery. My blood work came back as Parathyroid disease so after my bypass that the next surgery. Liquid diet 2 more days and 100 oz of water the Surgeon wants clear urine so I’m doing my best. Thank you for the well wishes. See you soon on the losers bench.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hope all goes well clusmrall1 :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    @clsumrall1 how did things go? How are you feeling
  • clsumrall1
    Options
    Went really well I got home today around 3:30 the gas pains continue so MiraLAX is the next thing on my list. Can’t believe that 1/2 ounce makes me full and have to wait a couple of minutes to have the next half. I was lucky and they did not remove my gallbladder because it looked really good. I guess the 2 week liquid diet really made a big difference for me and same with the hernia. Looked tiny in person but in the ultra sound look bigger as well so just the bypass. The hospital was super great with me and I walk 6 laps the first day 22 laps yesterday and today before they discharged me I had done 6 laps. Each lap is 800 steps so I feel good about that.

• littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    @clsumrall1 what a great report girlie! You are def a rockstar! So sorry to hear it's parathyroid disease and that there's another surgery on the horizon for you. ((hugs)) I'm glad they got to the bottom of it and found it though!!!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    clsumrall1 wrote: »
    Went really well I got home today around 3:30 the gas pains continue so MiraLAX is the next thing on my list. Can’t believe that 1/2 ounce makes me full and have to wait a couple of minutes to have the next half. I was lucky and they did not remove my gallbladder because it looked really good. I guess the 2 week liquid diet really made a big difference for me and same with the hernia. Looked tiny in person but in the ultra sound look bigger as well so just the bypass. The hospital was super great with me and I walk 6 laps the first day 22 laps yesterday and today before they discharged me I had done 6 laps. Each lap is 800 steps so I feel good about that.

This is so great to hear!!! Keep up the hard work

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    clsumrall1, Glad you're home and doing well. Sounds like you did great at getting in some steps before leaving the hospital. Keep up the great work.