Hi everyone! Newbie here!

Options
xFreudianSlip
xFreudianSlip Posts: 45 Member
Looking for some buddies here.
31, mom, grad student, nerd, love tattoos.
I work out nearly daily, i have an open diary (gluten free and high protein). I have 2 autoimmune diseases; thyroid and celiac disease. I have fibro as well.
I've been getting into strength training about the past month or so.

I've lost 60-70 lbs so far... About 40 to go.

Replies

• ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 44, mom of 2. I don't really suffer from anything except occasional laziness! LOL
    Recently started running (3 x 10K races coming up this summer) and just started CrossFit.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm on here every day. Mom, 36, lift and run. Also tattoos LOL
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    31, single, huge nerd and introvert, And watching Forensic Files while drinking tea right now. I have Crohn's disease and other issues induced by it. Gained back 40+ pounds after losing it due to a bad flare in 2015. Lifted while gaining, and I love it! Now my goal is to maintain, get stronger, and lose the stomach fat. :D
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HI i am 42 (almost 43).... tattoo fanatic. I am trying to get into lifting but I do all my workouts at home. I use to run regularly and then about 2 years ago after getting a desk job I became lazy and put on about 15-20 lbs which I am now working to get off and tone back up
  • Letitiamcd
    Letitiamcd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also new here although a little late to this thread. I am a working mom of 2 girls and really enjoy lifting and cario in general and looking for some friends to help support me this summer in finally getting my 6 pack abs! I am actually off to my first Mud Run with my husband and daughter today. smiley:

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    New here too. I’ve been strength training consistently since September but idk if I can call it lifting yet. I am slowly working my way through a beginner program for the third time, managing a bunch of injuries, just staying the course and hoping to load up those barbells... some day!
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here as well! I'm trying to get my fit freak on. LOL. I've lost 111lbs in the last 13 months (44 of them since RNY surgery in February) and am trying to work on building core and strength/endurance! Then, onto lifting heavy! I'm 55, female, a card-carrying member of the nerd herd, have an enduring SO (Mr. Fluffy) who likes to watch baseball and binge watch Netflix with me, and I'm in 7 year remission from a late stage, aggressive breast cancer. I deal with some chemo legacies: chronic pain/neuropathy and fatigue/balance issues. I think strength training will help all of these, including weight loss!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here as well! I'm trying to get my fit freak on. LOL. I've lost 111lbs in the last 13 months (44 of them since RNY surgery in February) and am trying to work on building core and strength/endurance! Then, onto lifting heavy! I'm 55, female, a card-carrying member of the nerd herd, have an enduring SO (Mr. Fluffy) who likes to watch baseball and binge watch Netflix with me, and I'm in 7 year remission from a late stage, aggressive breast cancer. I deal with some chemo legacies: chronic pain/neuropathy and fatigue/balance issues. I think strength training will help all of these, including weight loss!

Congrats on the big loss. And cheers doing this with recovery and all the challenges.