OMADing while at home

Mom2annie
Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
I’m in need of tips and ideas on how to stay on track with OMAD when at home on weekends or days off work. I have no problem fasting at work M-F but I really struggle with it on the weekends, especially if I’m home and not out and about.

If there’s an old thread on the topic, please direct me there. Otherwise, please share your strategies.

Thanks in advance!
Laura

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Well, I mostly work from home and have lost around 50lbs with my strategies, so hope this helps...

#1 Plan what you will eat on those at-home days.
    #2 If you have splurge days, tis the best time.
    #3 Limit junk food snacks in the house as much as possible. Perhaps this would help others in your household.
    #4 Keep yourself busy. Distract! Have a standard activity that will serve this purpose. A light walk works for me or an interesting book.
    #5 A keto electrolyte drink really helps stabilize my blood sugar. Can find all kinds of ketoade recipes online. The ones with Apple Cider Vinegar really kill my appetite. Cinnamon works as well.
    #6 Don’t beat yourself up if you have a “failure”, just forget it!
    #7 Also, you may want to consider different macro combinations that more naturally suppress appetite.
    #8 My eating window is flexible, but no more than 4 hours. Sometimes a 2MAD with a planned situation works best when I am work free.

I’m new around here and am ignorant of your family dynamic. Do you feel your household is supportive of OMAD? Have you expressed how important this is to you? My group knows not to tempt me outside of my eating window.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    I FOUND A GREAT APP CALLED ( MYFAST ) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR FASTS ,WEIGHT, AND WATER AND GRAPHS ON YOUR PROGRESS !EASY TO USE .
    JUST ANOTHER TOOL TO STAY MOTIVATED.
  • Mom2annie
    Thank you @EstrangedTiger for all the strategies! Very helpful.

I’m a single mom of one child, a 13yo daughter named Annie. She hardly pays attention to anything I do, say, eat, wish, etc. lol. She does have junk in the house but I could have her keep it in her cave (bedroom) where she spends most of her time. That way I can limit the temptations in the kitchen. Thanks for asking and for the ideas!

Laura
  • Mom2annie
    I FOUND A GREAT APP CALLED ( MYFAST ) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR FASTS ,WEIGHT, AND WATER AND GRAPHS ON YOUR PROGRESS !EASY TO USE .
    JUST ANOTHER TOOL TO STAY MOTIVATED.

Thanks! I’ll check it out and maybe give it a try.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    YOUR WELCOME LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS APP ! THANKS GOOD LUCK ON YOUR OMAD JOURNEY! 👍
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    @Mom2annie There you go! Snacks can reside in her room! Mom raised me solo as well. Another only child reporting in!

Robert

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I work from home - my solution is I just don't go into the kitchen except to get coffee and water! It does help that I'm always pretty busy though.

It's funny - after doing this for more than a year, I usually don't even think about eating until my usual time to eat (like 3 or 4pm). I also have a rule that I'm not allowed to eat until I've gone for my 3km walk at around 3:15, so that really helps too.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I have a harder time at work due to stress eating! At home on Saturdays, I'm in the yard and I loose track of time and don't eat much. Sundays, I'm at church and doing other stuff and it's usually not that hard either.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    For me, I DL this app - IFasting and it helps me a lot. I also set an alarm for me to OMAD. It as hard for me when I first started, but now, it has become easier.
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    When at home I stay busy. I find my energy is up so I end up cleaning out pantries, vacuuming, catching up on shows I missed during the week.