Pouch Reset

Options
Elyseinchi
Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
Hi All! I am sure many of you have done a pouch reset... can you tell me what that consists of for you? I have read some people doing shakes for a week straight.... there is another 10 day... starting with clear liquids and moving towards the smaller meals like when we first had surgery? Just curious as to what has worked for you. Thanks.

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I don’t normally do a “reset” diet. I rather call it a “When did I feel the best diet.” reset. Think about what you were doing-/eating when you felt the best.
    When you didn’t feel bloated or distended or get sick. Remember those feelings, foods and situations that gravitate towards that feeling (and trust me, some of it’s about food and some stuff it’s.). If a food taste good or doesn’t give you problems, it probably won’t but know in the future in may for other...stress, kids, bills) but I suggest you look into it and maybe even journal to see what caused a flair Up and it can be tricky. Try to think back to what made you feel good, and try to blame it on the food or family or even why you had this surgery and wished you never had this surgery in the first place! 😂😂
    Think about what you can eat and feel good. Journal it and remember it so that you know will have that as a good thing, it can become. Stable. as a stable, so you add to it. You list will become longer. Each reset diet is different for everyone. Do what feels good for you and adapt it to...remember no plan is the same for everyone🤗
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Some strategies to get your body back in weight loss mode. Take what's useful and ignore the rest.

Time to detox off carbs and sugar. Know that you will have cravings. Get temptation foods out of your home. Go grocery shopping for healthy foods.

Shakes and bars may/will not keep you full and satisfied. Go back to your food stage bariatric plan. I agree with @JamesAztec Whole foods and behaviors. Find the discipline that you had in the past.

Buy healthy options for sweet and salty cravings. My examples are not 100% clean - Sweet- Strawberries dipped in sugar free hersheys syrup. Dannon lite n fit yogurt - Sugar free popsicles. Salty - jerky, fajitas,

Head hunger will kick in while you detox. Buy a veggie tray. After your calorie, protein and carb goals are completed for the day. Eat as much of the veggie tray as you want. If you try to bargain with yourself for other options its head hunger.

Research bariatric recipes to keep from getting into a food rut. Meal prepping may help if your time is limited.

60gmbvgird37.jpg

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't believe any of the hooplah about a pouch reset. I started Whole30 last week to cleanse my body....except instead of their idea of intuitive eating I'm weighing and measuring everything I eat. I was so lax about food and I need the structure and discipline that comes with Whole30. Whole foods are definitely best and I've found myself actually craving the veggies and fruits vs all the bad processed and artificial crap I was eating before
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't have an opinion regarding the pouch reset. It's kind of like eating after surgery, one size does not fit all and I'm for anything that will give you the boost you need to get back on track.

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can understand the concept of doing a “reset”. I do it from time to time (not calling it that) but when I feel my body is out of wack. I feel it. I can see it in my face. I look pale, my face looks long and gray and truly lifeless. I think the reset pouch concept was introduced because some of us basically didn’t stick with the foods that we should have been eating before /during and after the surgery, so weight was gained...or frustration. I will be frank with you, and please don’t get offended, but, if you feel that you need to do another “rep pouch” diet then you have strayed a lil off the course. Simply look at the things you have been eating. Are you now comfortable with certain things that you weren’t doing after surgery? A reset is just not about food but also about your mental state as well. Are you now incorporating exercise or learning how to relieve some stress in your life? A reset can be helpful when you are ready to start over again but truly want to change.
    As much as it can help people, what happens when you go off the plan and return back where you were? It’s might be a good refresher, but realize (and be honest) about what you can really sustain. If you cut out foods hoping to see a weight loss/weight maintenance or just general good health, it will be a rocky road (not the ice cream kind , lol) unless you understand why you feel that you have to do a rest. It’s a lifestyle. If you want you pouch to be smaller learn to eat smaller (get your vitamins and nutrients) but not for a challenge or a diet, just simply do it.

Again, I hope this didn’t come off pissy.
    Seriously
    🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗