Laura's OMAD Journal

Options
Mom2annie
Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
Hi! Laura here. I'm not new here but I haven't posted in a couple months.

I stupidly had a hormone shot nearly 3 mos ago that caused me to have insatiable hunger. Just when I thought it passed, it came back stronger. I was happily adapted to OMAD and cruising along nicely until that shot.

Way too many 3-meal days and what seems like a million Nutella/graham cracker desserts later, I gained 14 pounds back. I had lost about 40.

I'm still constantly hungry but on day 3 of trying hard to get back on track with OMAD. I was having my meal between 6 and 8 p.m. before I let myself be derailed and am trying to get back to that.

Day 1: Made it until 4 p.m.
Day 2: Made it to 4:30 p.m.
Today: It's 1 p.m. and I'm hating life (jk)

My head hurts
I'm in a terrible mood
I can't think clearly
I don't want to work
I don't want to talk
I just want to sleep (and eat!)

Readjusting sucks, but I'm going to make it. OMAD is my jam. Or was...and will be again.

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Mom2annie wrote: »
    Hi! Laura here. I'm not new here but I haven't posted in a couple months.

I stupidly had a hormone shot nearly 3 mos ago that caused me to have insatiable hunger. Just when I thought it passed, it came back stronger. I was happily adapted to OMAD and cruising along nicely until that shot.

Way too many 3-meal days and what seems like a million Nutella/graham cracker desserts later, I gained 14 pounds back. I had lost about 40.

I'm still constantly hungry but on day 3 of trying hard to get back on track with OMAD. I was having my meal between 6 and 8 p.m. before I let myself be derailed and am trying to get back to that.

Day 1: Made it until 4 p.m.
    Day 2: Made it to 4:30 p.m.
    Today: It's 1 p.m. and I'm hating life (jk)

My head hurts
    I'm in a terrible mood
    I can't think clearly
    I don't want to work
    I don't want to talk
    I just want to sleep (and eat!)

Readjusting sucks, but I'm going to make it. OMAD is my jam. Or was...and will be again.

Welcome back Laura! You were missed! As you know getting back into the swing of things is the hardest part - once you get a rhythm it'll be smooth sailing.

On a side note, I hope the hormone shot wasn't for anything too serious! Feel free to vent away, we're here for ya! :)

Happy OMADing!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome back, You can do it again :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Laura! You got this!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm happy to be able to say that I made it to 6 p.m. today.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm happy to be able to say that I made it to 6 p.m. today.

WOOT WOOT!!! Nice work!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Welcome back
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Day 4: Settling back into OMAD nicely; constantly hungry but not as intensely; pushing hot green tea

If you haven't watched Joe's recent YouTube videos (I still have a few to catch up on myself), be sure to make time to watch this one: https://youtu.be/efmp5ZB2A4M

@arguablysamson Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I needed that wisdom. I was in category 2 and now I'm whole-heartedly determined to be in category 1. It's certainly not easy--I naturally fall into #2--but I'm embracing my hunger today. I'm not trying to embrace it, I am embracing it. I'm gonna hug it and kiss it and call it George. :p It is productive, it is necessary, it is good for me, it means I'm doing good things for my body, and it means success and wellness. I can't thank you enough.

Also @arguablysamson, you said you aren't sold on your new hair cut. Be sold. It really suits you. Definitely attractive.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    LOL. I love that you personified your hunger. Hi, George!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Day 4: Settling back into OMAD nicely; constantly hungry but not as intensely; pushing hot green tea

If you haven't watched Joe's recent YouTube videos (I still have a few to catch up on myself), be sure to make time to watch this one: https://youtu.be/efmp5ZB2A4M

@arguablysamson Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I needed that wisdom. I was in category 2 and now I'm whole-heartedly determined to be in category 1. It's certainly not easy--I naturally fall into #2--but I'm embracing my hunger today. I'm not trying to embrace it, I am embracing it. I'm gonna hug it and kiss it and call it George. :p It is productive, it is necessary, it is good for me, it means I'm doing good things for my body, and it means success and wellness. I can't thank you enough.

Also @arguablysamson, you said you aren't sold on your new hair cut. Be sold. It really suits you. Definitely attractive.

First, thanks for the compliment. :-) Second, you know the difference and adjusted accordingly = success is yours! Third, I'm trying to like the hair. I'll enjoy the carefree-ness of it through the summer at least.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Laura!!!!!!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

First, thanks for the compliment. :-) Second, you know the difference and adjusted accordingly = success is yours! Third, I'm trying to like the hair. I'll enjoy the carefree-ness of it through the summer at least.

Hey Joe, Don't you know that God only made a few perfect heads and the rest he covered with hair! Looks good!
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’ve been here before and had success with OMAD and then stopped because I was having a lot of migraines and the fasting seemed to be exasperating them.

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I was on here. I have failed miserably. Been eating so badly and feeling terrible and depressed. Today is Day One again. I’m so hungry and my head hurts but I’m pushing through. If things go like they have in the past, I’ll be adjusted in about 4 days. I’m drinking Gatorade Zero this time around to avoid that whoozy feeling that comes from not having any sodium and other essential minerals. I might buy some bone broth too. Forgot about that stuff.

Bye for now.

Laura
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, welcome back :)
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Hi Brenda! Good to “see” you again. You look fantastic!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    HI WELCOME BACK GOOD JOB 👍
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Well, I made it. My head hurt all day long but I made it to 6:30pm. I could tell my body remembers the drill, but it definitely was not happy. Lol. Feels good to have day one done. I had delicious blackened cod tacos with jalapeño aioli, cucumber salad, and—I’ll admit it—a small mug of ice cream. Baby steps.

Today reminded me that not only did fasting seem to exasperate my migraines, but I can’t take my migraine medication on an empty stomach. Not sure how I’m going to get past that this time, but I’m going to try harder than last time. If anyone has any ideas, I’m all ears.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @Mom2annie Hi! Good to see you back, even though this is our first meeting!
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Day 3, almost no headache today and barely any hunger. I love that my body remembers how to cope! Hope you all are having a good day :)