Victories

Options
303lissy
303lissy Posts: 427 Member
I had some small victories yesterday. I hope they inspire you to share yours and have your own!

I don't trust myself to have a lot of snacks in the house because I'll just binge eat them. I knew I needed to run to the supermarket after work yesterday, and I was starving by 6, and all I could think about was cheezits and goldfish and various other salty crunchy things. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any, because if it's in the house, I'll eat it. And I didn't, I avoided the aisle completely. I am proud of myself!

I walked through another aisle that had vanilla sugar wafers on sale, which I also love. I picked them up and came soooo close to getting them. I *knew* I'd eat at least half the package (AT LEAST) if I got them. As in, those thoughts were running through my mind as I held them, and I was calculating how many calories that would be. There were no thoughts of "oh, I'll only have three or four" (the serving size). I put them down. The fact that my store has the handheld scanner and I would need to scan it then and there is what stopped me. I am proud of myself!

I was craving chocolate. I wanted something sweet. I'm trying to do no added/processed sugar, but I think we're getting to MTOTM, and I really just wanted something. I have individually wrapped chocolates, and I had just one. JUST ONE. I am proud of myself!

Three things yesterday that made me proud of myself. Yay!

Replies

• clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Awesome control. Good job
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I've been able to start walking a few hours a day for my health and its been my goal for a long time to get back into walking. For three weeks I've built up to it. What a change in my moods walking has made and it has really given my much more ability to eat consciously. My next goal is to just 'feel my feeings' instead of burying them by eating food.