Like Minded Lushes - Summer 2018

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hope the reunion went ok, Gary! Families can be exhausting.
    Ann, you inspire me with your workouts and moderation. I'm still trying to find my groove.
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The reunion went well. We had out of towners from Texas and Arkansas at our place Thursday to Tuesday. The weather cooperated and they were able to see Washington's volcano MtSt Helens and to take a day trip to the beach at Ocean Shores.

Lots of food and drinks were had so I am sure I have work to do.

Syd- yes families can be exhausting! But is was good to get re acquainted with them again.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Heading to Petco park for a baseball game Sat which usually means beer, wine and lots of food. Then we're heading to LA for the 4th next week. I'm thinking all bets are off for a while but maybe I'll at least get in a lot of steps to offset some of it.
    :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Have a good time Syd. Get some walks in and enjoy your time together!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My leave was extended to August 1. I am getting better and the break has been good for my mental state. I have been doing some moderation i don't have much of an appetite so even though I am not exercising i have kept the 6pound i lost off. Syd, thanks for checking up on me.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Robin! Glad you're feeling better and hope you continue to feel better!
    I was doing really well with moderating but this last week, not so much :/ at least it hasn't affected my weight too bad...this week is a new week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    So good to hear from you Robin! Hopefully another month of leave will be just what you need. We missed you. :flowerforyou:

Well we went from temps in the 70s to over 100 and I've been a complete and total blob. It might be just the thing I need to finally join that pilates studio. Being up 5 lbs and feeling crappy can be motivating to make a change.

We take off again for a quick staycation downtown next weekend so hopefully I can have a decent week.

Hope all you lushes had a fantastic 4th and a great week ahead! The summer is flying by. B)
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hey Robin! Glad to hear you are getting better! Wishing you a quick recovery!

I have moderated this week by only having a few glasses of wine in the evening. I may break that tonight tho. I find I do feel better the next day, when I moderate. (no kidding right?)

Sorry about the high temps Syd! I know the fire danger is high down your way as well.

Ann you have done so good the past few months! You will get back on track this week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Today I had an ice cream drumstick for lunch and failed to exercise.

We'll call it a do-over :|
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good week!
    I dropped a couple of pounds but I'm sure they will reappear this weekend. We're downtown though so hopefully I'll get in a few steps at least. Cheers lushes!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Going to be hot here the next few days. My outside exercise may be curbed until the weather gets cooler.
    Still drinking the wine. I feel way better in the mornings than when drinking the hard stuff.
    Enjoy your downtown vacation Syd!
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Friday night I only had 1/2 can of beer -who have I become?? :o:#
    My husband has been working outside rebuilding our pond, bad timing with it being so H-O-T here !!! Temps have been upwards of 100...lots of sweat going on!
    Syd - an ice cream drumstick sounds delish! Enjoy downtown!! :)
    Gary - the important question is red wine or white wine?? ;)
  • SoCalWoman
    edited July 2018
    Options
    We're going to revoke your lush card, Ann! You've really done well, I'm impressed.

Got lots of steps in and had a great time, but I'm avoiding the scale as I'm sure I'm up. Downtown was crazy with Cubs fans, pre comic-Con and gay pride. We met a lot of interesting people. I forget just how many tourists our city brings in from all over the world. Makes me appreciate where I live.
    Hope everyone has a great week! I'm going to try to find my routine again. No more vacays until mid August so I have a month to get my act together. In the meantime we came home to an ant invasion so I'll be dealing with those little m'fer's today. They're everywhere :s
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Currently drinking merlots and pinot noir. Do any of you have any whites you enjoy? I am not into the sweet wines- prefer something a bit dryer. Any suggestions?

OK I see Ann doing very well! I am going to get serious and see if I can't jump start myself!

Today should be the last of our 90 degree days for a while. Tomorrow I will try and get outside and move my butt around!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sauvignon blanc Gary! New Zealands are my favorite. Brancott is my go to and it's like $10 in KY. Nobilo is a good one too. I also love dry rose' during the summer. There are so many and different vineyards produce every year so I couldn't even give a recommendation.

Oh and hi by the way. :) Been drinking as usual, taking my 0 on Monday and trying to not go bananas on weekends.

We go to Wilmington NC to my parents' on Saturday for a week (drive 1/2 way Friday) so we will be drinking plenty. I've really been trying to shed some fat so I don't want to totally blow it. Their club got a new fitness center so I plan on using that some because free babysitters.

Hope you're all having a great summer!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations Ashley. I will pick some up today!

Today will be the first day of getting back into it. I feel so much better when I am exercising and watching what I eat and drink!

Have a great week!
  • amcanzo
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I second the Sauvingnon Blend - my fav is Oyster Bay...more of a grapefruit citrusy dry white wine...yummy!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Got some of the sauvingnon blanc. Will give it a go tonight!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed the wine, Gary! I prefer red wine, but if I drink a white it's almost always a Chardonnay from a warm climate because they are less acidic and more of a buttery finish than fruity. I used to love fresh, crisp wines like a Sauvingnon blanc, but in general my stomach can no longer tolerate them (old age problems)
    So, for low acid white wines, in general, I seek out warm climates: California and Australia being tops and almost always Chardonnay.

Ended up at the brewery Tuesday night and woke up yesterday very sluggish. Quiet weekend ahead and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. The Sauvingnon Blanc was a little hard on my stomach. So I will try out the warm climate wines.

As for yesterday. Behaved most of the day. Blew it after dinner.

Will try again today!