Check In

Options
fit_chickx
fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
Lets just relax and chit chat....Check in anytime.

How are things going? What struggles are you having? What things have you overcome? Any NSV and things to celebrate? Any funny weight loss moments?

Talk about anything on your mind weight loss or maintaining related.

Replies

• fit_chickx
    Options
    Good thing you only have to deal with her for a short time. All you can do is bite your tongue until you can head to your destress zone at home. Take care of yourself

Anything that helps getting on track is a good thing. I will have to google the inspire box.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am still struggling with menopause, hot flashes, and some regain. I was in the habit of going to the gym before work, but the night sweats are bad and I wake up at least 3-4 times a night, so waking up early has been soooo hard. I was being a real slacker about working out but this week I made the commitment to go to the gym after work if I don't go before. I really don't like the gym in the evening but I'm not making any more excuses. I am coming up on 5 years post op and I want to continue being healthy!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    HELLO all. I'm still good. Been battling a couple little nagging leg issues but nothing major. If I didn't run i probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Been sticking to New Year's resolution and not weighing. I'm probably a couple pounds heavier than six months ago but clothes still fit fine so I'm good.

My girlfriend and I started a podcast called BARIATRIC RUNNER. You can find it on iTunes. We have three episodes out. Needs a lot of work. If you get a chance to listen would love feedback.

We'll also be going to the Obesity Action Coalition "Your Weight Matters" convention in Denver next week. If you or anyone you know is going let's connect. Would love to meet some folks in person!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 have you checked out Bariatric Eating, Bariatric Foodie and The World According to Eggface? They have some really good recipes for puréed foods and transitional foods for when you start eating more solid foods. Believe me, you will want to eat so slow - I ate too fast and had some bad dumping for a while because I had to learn to slow down. I made these Skinnytaste crock pot turkey meatballs too soon after surgery and got so sick. This is definitely the fun part of being a post op - buying awesome new clothes is so much fun!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    @HLaR79 have you checked out Bariatric Eating, Bariatric Foodie and The World According to Eggface? They have some really good recipes for puréed foods and transitional foods for when you start eating more solid foods. Believe me, you will want to eat so slow - I ate too fast and had some bad dumping for a while because I had to learn to slow down. I made these Skinnytaste crock pot turkey meatballs too soon after surgery and got so sick. This is definitely the fun part of being a post op - buying awesome new clothes is so much fun!

I did check them out and found a few more good tips and did expand my meal base :)
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @jamielslater I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time! I actually received my package the other day when we were out of town so I didn’t start yet. We are still away but I plan to start next Monday since this week is a bit hectic once we get back with a bunch of different appointments and getting back to work. I will post once I start. Looking forward to trying the Dutch chocolate shake and the banana nut bread shake. Early on, I used all Inspire shakes which were very good and not too thick. Excited to try the pancake mix and some of the BE recipes that use it including this taco pie thing. I need to sit down and plan the meals I prepare for lunch and dinner on the plan. I do a ton of meal prep on Sunday so that my week is set up and I stay on track as best as I can.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had my first post weight loss plastic surgery in May (lower body lift medial thigh lift, lipo, fat transfer) and had a lot of complications! Pneumonia, wound dehiscence, slow healing, and then a huge pulmonary embolism. I still have one opening that will take a while to close, but otherwise am finally making good progress. My eating got pretty lax while I was healing because it takes so many calories and I was losing way too much too fast. But now that I don’t need the calories, I need to fix my food. And I’m anxious to get back to exercising.
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 9 months out. I've lost over 100 pounds since I started this journey in May 2017. This was the first week I gained. Even though it is only 3 pounds and I know what caused it (vacation with not enough water, not enough sleep, little exercise and food that is not normally on my plan), it is eye opening how quickly it can come back on and that this is a life long change, not a quick fix. In a way, I'm glad this happened so that I can experience it and fix it.
  • buxombrunette
    buxombrunette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I love how supportive you all are. @fit_chickx thanks for starting this thread.

At this point everything in my life feels out of control, except my eating. Reminds me of when I was 15, except I was about 10kg underweight and eating about 400cal a day then because I needed something stable! Despite all the stresses, I'm managing to have frequent meals, but some days i struggle as when I'm upset i lose my appetite, but it is an active choice to eat for sustenance.

I'm 2kg/4-5lb away from my goal weight and have had to buy new clothes which is something to celebrate.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I am preparing to start the 14 day Inspire Diet..have my white board written out with my meals, and tomorrow morning I plan to do some meal planning. Really hoping to get my head back where it needs to be - like what @buxombrunette said - everything in my life feels out of control but I can control my eating. My last session with my trainer is Monday and I am getting my Peloton next Saturday and I am
    beyond excited for it! Once things settle down I may incorporate training back into my routine since one of the training managers at the gym is willing to train me outside of the gym and a friend found an awesome local trainer who is reasonable. I need to put some focus back on me and making how I feel and look a priority again.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    Ecowles675 wrote: »
    I am 9 months out. I've lost over 100 pounds since I started this journey in May 2017. This was the first week I gained. Even though it is only 3 pounds and I know what caused it (vacation with not enough water, not enough sleep, little exercise and food that is not normally on my plan), it is eye opening how quickly it can come back on and that this is a life long change, not a quick fix. In a way, I'm glad this happened so that I can experience it and fix it.

Congrats on over 100 down!

I was surprised how quickly I can gain weight. My weight loss is at a snail's pace..lol I miss the rapid weight loss days.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    Firstly, I love how supportive you all are. @fit_chickx thanks for starting this thread.

At this point everything in my life feels out of control, except my eating. Reminds me of when I was 15, except I was about 10kg underweight and eating about 400cal a day then because I needed something stable! Despite all the stresses, I'm managing to have frequent meals, but some days i struggle as when I'm upset i lose my appetite, but it is an active choice to eat for sustenance.

I'm 2kg/4-5lb away from my goal weight and have had to buy new clothes which is something to celebrate.

Wow! so close to goal. Any plans to celebrate all your hard work?

Big hug! I'm sorry things are feeling out of control. Stress/emotions can mess with many of us. Some eat to soothe and others lose their appetite. The mental battles with weight loss can be frustrating. I hope what you are feeling passes soon.

• fit_chickx
    Options
    I am preparing to start the 14 day Inspire Diet..have my white board written out with my meals, and tomorrow morning I plan to do some meal planning. Really hoping to get my head back where it needs to be - like what @buxombrunette said - everything in my life feels out of control but I can control my eating. My last session with my trainer is Monday and I am getting my Peloton next Saturday and I am
    beyond excited for it! Once things settle down I may incorporate training back into my routine since one of the training managers at the gym is willing to train me outside of the gym and a friend found an awesome local trainer who is reasonable. I need to put some focus back on me and making how I feel and look a priority again.

How did it feel to meal prep?

You are taking all this by the cojones. Getting things back in line feels good, Right? Let us know how the peloton works out.

I'm excited for you.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    Well, I am about 21 months from surgery. I am up 10 lbs from my lowest, but 2 lbs above my original goal weight. My huaband left me about 6 months ago so now that I am trying to figure out life again and I need to get a better handle of my emotional eating and get these pounds back off. I havent been eating things I shouldnt just eating too often and when I am not hungry. I need to do the 14 says Inspire. @jcavannah2 what do you think about it?

Thats alot of stress to deal with. Major life changes can turn into something positive. Hang in there. We have your back!

• jcavanna2
    Options
    @fit_chickx it’s funny because I meal prep regularly but it’s usually only breakfast and lunch. Adding meal prep for dinner as well and having all 3 meals planned out so all we need to do is pop them in the oven feels very empowering - like there’s no reason why I should need to eat a half a slice or full slice of my daughter’s Pizza Hut (she has sensory processing and OT issues among other things so food is a big issue for her but she will eat pizza).

It also feels good to have my mindset back where it should be - I started a separate post about the Inspire Diet - after getting feedback from their FB group I can’t do their diet to a t - it’s way too restrictive and I wouldn’t be able to sustain it. No cheese (in fact really no dairy except milk, ideally skim milk) and no fruit - just non starch vegetables and I am not a big veggie person at all. I am going to focus on meal prep and loosely follow their guidelines. I threw a half a banana in one of their shake mixes for breakfast this morning and that’s the only fruit I am having today and my meals do have cheese in them but they are all portioned out and they all happen to be recipes from their site
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Emotionally and mentally I'm definitely struggling. I'm a binge eater - and secret eater. I've made an appointment w/my therapist and my general to go over some stuff...

I'm up around 5lbs from my lowest (originally around 12). The only reason I haven't gained more is because the one thing I haven't stopped is working out. We will see how things go - I'm just hanging on right now.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    @fit_chickx it’s funny because I meal prep regularly but it’s usually only breakfast and lunch. Adding meal prep for dinner as well and having all 3 meals planned out so all we need to do is pop them in the oven feels very empowering - like there’s no reason why I should need to eat a half a slice or full slice of my daughter’s Pizza Hut (she has sensory processing and OT issues among other things so food is a big issue for her but she will eat pizza).

It also feels good to have my mindset back where it should be - I started a separate post about the Inspire Diet - after getting feedback from their FB group I can’t do their diet to a t - it’s way too restrictive and I wouldn’t be able to sustain it. No cheese (in fact really no dairy except milk, ideally skim milk) and no fruit - just non starch vegetables and I am not a big veggie person at all. I am going to focus on meal prep and loosely follow their guidelines. I threw a half a banana in one of their shake mixes for breakfast this morning and that’s the only fruit I am having today and my meals do have cheese in them but they are all portioned out and they all happen to be recipes from their site

@jcavanna2

This is just getting back on track. You are off to a great start. Hopefully you can progress to a food plan that will be sustainable long term.

I have to eat every two/three hours...about six meals. How does it work with the inspire diet? How is your hunger level?