Best low carb jerky

Options
Looking for a good low carb jerky. I think it might be a good alternative for those times when everyone else is hitting up the potato chips. What is your favourite/go to low carb jerky?

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe Turkey Jerky is not terribly lo-carb, but the only flavor I like, and the way I get daily protein.
    pbmr07yga1cl.png
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My favorite for a 7-11 snack pickup on patrol is McSweeney's Cracked Black Pepper beef jerky.
    GF, very few ingredients and all recognizable, naturally smoked Canadian beef. Fairly low in carb.
    https://mcsweeneys.ca/product/beef-jerky-cracked-black-pepper/
    14g protein and 2g carb per 30grams.
    I generally eat the whole 80gram pkg in one go. So approx 38g of protein and only 5 or 6g carbs.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like Nick’s Free Range Turkey Sticks.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Crazy Mike's, comes in 4 flavors.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    https://ketocarne.com/ This is the best jerky that I have found, other than the jerky I make for myself. It has no sugar. It's just meat and seasonings.

Downside? It's $40 a pound. It's like $6 a bag, so not much higher than normal jerky when you think of prices, but it's way more than making my own.
  • butterfountain
    butterfountain Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OMG I am completely addicted to Sportsman's Table Black Peppered Beef Jerky. It's really peppery :). I buy the pound pack, because I go through it, but also because it comes in strips instead of the pieces which the smaller bags have. I put 3 strips in a Ziploc and bring it with me every day. Fills the perfect spot in my daily diet, takes a long time to eat, and gives you those feel good spice endorphins. LOVE IT! https://www.sportsmanstable.com/black-peppered-beef-jerky-bulk-p-1323.html?cPath=473
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This is some of my favorite jerky (green chile is my favorite but I've had others as well): http://vigilsbeefjerky.com/nutritionals/
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link @FIT_Goat. All the ones I see have added sugar.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    It's super easy to make your own jerky, and then you can control all of the ingredients. You'll be hard pressed to find a commercial jerky without added sugar, but the stuff I make at home has just as much flavor without the carbs. And you don't even need a food dehydrator, regular oven works just fine. The trick is just to slice the meat as thin as possible and as evenly as possible.
  • A_mission_for_me
    A_mission_for_me Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the responses. Definitely gives me a starting point of where to look for ones without a ton of sugar. Hubby is now also considering trying to make some on his smoker since it’s his new favourite toy.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for Nick's (I do the grass fed beef ones), as well as another vote for making your own... My last batch was a total success and so delicious that when I went to get some later in the week they had all magically disappeared...
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    trader joe's has Chomp beef and turkey meat sticks 100 calories and no carbs or added sugar .
    oh and it says right on the package grain fed meat only .
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the responses. Definitely gives me a starting point of where to look for ones without a ton of sugar. Hubby is now also considering trying to make some on his smoker since it’s his new favourite toy.

when he does , give us the recipe , I have a new smoker , I would make my own !!!