July Group Challenge

Options

Replies

• meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Its 107 degrees here in Texas with no relief in the next few weeks :neutral:

7/18: 144oz
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    7/18: 96 oz
  • bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    7/18 101.4 seems to be my number
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    7/19: 128 oz
  • meldwel
    Options
    7/19: 120oz
  • bigghunny
    Options
    7/19 101.4
  • bigghunny
    Options
    bigghunny
    Weigh day Friday
    PW 326.9
    CW 325.2
  • JennaLynDuncan
    JennaLynDuncan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do y'all have any tips on how to drink more water. I'm pretty much stuck at maybe 40oz a day.
  • meldwel
    Options
    7/20: 144oz

@JennaLynDuncan I keep water next to me all day. You just have to remember to drink it lol. There have been times where I have it right in front of me for 3 hrs and never take a drink. You have to train yourself to do it. I drink one crystal light packet a day, I buy the one with caffeine and drink that in the morning. Hope that helps you
  • PloddingTurtle
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi, @JennaLynDuncan.

What I do to drink more water: I keep a water jug and a water glass within arms reach, either on my desk at work, or on the coffee table in the living room, or at the kitchen table. I told myself from the get-go that all I had to do was drink the first glass and after that just keep refilling the glass whenever it was empty (and keep it within reach of course) but not force myself. I could/would just drink if/when thirsty. I didn't think that would work, but it did. I just reached for the glass without noticing. I guess I really was thirsty afterall.

Edited to add: I find I need the glass for this to work. I didn't have the same level of success with a closed water bottle. Maybe there's something about pouring out the water into the clear glass that clicks in my brain as something refreshing.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    7/20: 112 oz
  • bigghunny
    Options
    Friday 7/20 101.4
  • meldwel
    Options
    LW: 308.6
    CW: 304.2 (4.4)
    Total: 11.8!! I need to lose another 4.3 before the month is over to get under 300. It’s that time of the month too, so I hope I can do it!
  • meldwel
    Options
    7/21: 144oz
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    7/21: 112 oz
  • sra455
    sra455 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Followed my calories all week. I had sushi twice which is pretty healthy, but a bunch of soy sauce which is all salt. Only explanation I can think of as to why I have almost no loss. Won't make that mistake again!

SW: 303 (July 1)
    296 (July 9)
    293.8 (July 15)
    293 (July 22)
    Week's Loss: .8 lbs
    Total July Loss: 10 lbs
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Hi, @sra455

I have definitely experienced massive water weight after a Chinese food meal. At home I use a reduced sodium soy sauce, and I now find the full salt version far too salty for my taste. It can take me a week or more to recover after a bad salt reaction. I hope your recovery is speedy.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    7/21 101.4
    7/22 60 something Oz's..lol
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    7/22: 112 oz
  • meldwel
    Options