Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge - July 28th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 42 minute walk

I actually went to the movies last night and didn't get anything from the concession stand, except a diet Coke! I was craving a Snickers bar, and had calories banked for it, but there were no Snickers. I knew that nothing else would satisfy that craving, so I had nothing! Last week was an abysmal week for me, so having a successful day like this yesterday, is a big win!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    My name is Marsha and I have been doing this challenge since May 2018. My weight has been up and down but while on vacation starting eating Keto as some of my family members have done and boy does the weight come off for me. I came back from vacation on Monday July 23 and weighed 180 lbs.

Weight today is 174.2 lbs. Whoo hoo. This works for me and I am feeling great.

This is fantastic news, Marsha!! You had an enjoyable vacation, put on some weight, then came home and took it all off again in a week!!! I am glad that keto is working for you, and that you are feeling inspired!!! Welcome back to the Big Butts!!!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

As a team, we were out of the top three, so we'll have to step up our game for August!!!
    Here's to a great month!!

On one hand, I feel kind of bad because I know I won't be able to be a high percentage weight loss contributor to the team - and help get the team into good standing. Reason being my weight loss is much slower now - due to being 6 pounds from a normal BMI, and 15 pounds from goal.

I only lost 1 pound for July - but lost 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, and 1 inch from each thigh.

Personally, I'm fine with my scale losses being slower. But, if you guys ever get into a really competitive mood - just let me know, and I'll step away - LOL !
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi, I look forward to doing my best to win.I go by Bobby T. My weight fluctuates based on the season, job stress, life. My highest was 243 currently 210, my lowest was in onderland. I play may sports. I am also big into Fitbit with 10 challenges consistently.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

As a team, we were out of the top three, so we'll have to step up our game for August!!!
    Here's to a great month!!

On one hand, I feel kind of bad because I know I won't be able to be a high percentage weight loss contributor to the team - and help get the team into good standing. Reason being my weight loss is much slower now - due to being 6 pounds from a normal BMI, and 15 pounds from goal.

I only lost 1 pound for July - but lost 2 inches from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, and 1 inch from each thigh.

Personally, I'm fine with my scale losses being slower. But, if you guys ever get into a really competitive mood - just let me know, and I'll step away - LOL !

I hope you meant that "LOL" Allison, because no one leaves just because the scale is moving slowly, not at all or in the opposite direction!!! As long as every day when you wake up, you intend to give it your all. That intention may get derailed ten minutes later, but at least you had it!!! For me, I would "win" every week if I lost weight every week, regardless of what the team does!! The team loss is just an added incentive, but not my main one, if I am being honest!!! That being said, if we all "win" every week, then the team would do great!!!!

That is awesome that you have taken measurements...the scale doesn't tell the whole story! It sounds like you actually had a really great July, after all!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi, I look forward to doing my best to win.I go by Bobby T. My weight fluctuates based on the season, job stress, life. My highest was 243 currently 210, my lowest was in onderland. I play may sports. I am also big into Fitbit with 10 challenges consistently.

Hello, Bobby T. and welcome!! Maybe your competitive spirit will rub off on the rest of us!!!
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    7/28
    Tracking: yes
    Under cals: barely
    Exercise: yes, dance party and walking around the zoo
  • steph86_22
    steph86_22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alright.. Here goes!
    August week 1 weigh in.. I weigh in on Sunday's.
    Last weeks weight: 155
    Today's weight: 159.4 :(
    Not happy that I went up! But had a lot going on. Death in the family and lots of emotional eating/drinking. I'll be better this week for sure!!
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @allison8668 Don't you dare step away. It take all kinds to make a team, slow, fast, up or down.

Those of us who are a long way from almost to a normal BMI or goal enjoy seeing those of you who are almost there make it. You are our role models.

And if you step away how will I know when to ring my bells and blow my whistle for you when you get there?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    steph86_22 wrote: »
    Alright.. Here goes!
    August week 1 weigh in.. I weigh in on Sunday's.
    Last weeks weight: 155
    Today's weight: 159.4 :(
    Not happy that I went up! But had a lot going on. Death in the family and lots of emotional eating/drinking. I'll be better this week for sure!!

So sorry to hear about the death in your family. Of course, there was emotional eating and drinking! Glad to hear you have taken that figurative deep breath, and are prepared to have a better week!! (hugs)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    July 28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga & meditation, 25 min jump rope, 90 min body weight exercises
    Steps: 10293
    Water 128oz
  • Sunshine0000000
    Sunshine0000000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! My weigh-in for today was 138!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello! My weigh-in for today was 138!!!

That's quite a loss for one week...7 pounds! What did you do to make that happen?! And I am not being facetious....we ALL want to know your secrets!!! Please share!!
  • Sunshine0000000
    Sunshine0000000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I weighed myself right after lunch in the first weight, and I weighed myself in the morning this time, so that probably had something to do with it! I’m on a sports team that has practice about 3 hours every week day (even in the summer:( ), and I also try to go to the gym three times a week. I guess not negating it with binge eating just really let me drop the weight! I’m not expecting near that much this week, though. Thank you!!
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    29/07
    Did no track anything. Friends are leaving tomorrow though so will be back on track and def back in the gym as well. :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS I weighed myself right after lunch in the first weight, and I weighed myself in the morning this time, so that probably had something to do with it! I’m on a sports team that has practice about 3 hours every week day (even in the summer:( ), and I also try to go to the gym three times a week. I guess not negating it with binge eating just really let me drop the weight! I’m not expecting near that much this week, though. Thank you!!

Okay, that makes sense. Now that I think of it, I did the same thing a few years ago when I was joining a challenge like this. The first time I weighed was in the middle of the day, (I was afraid I was going to forget and miss the window to sign up) and then on weigh-in day, of course, I weighed in first thing in the morning. And that week I ate under my calorie allotment and drank lots of water, which I hadn't been doing prior to that initial weigh-in. I lost ten pounds that week!! Thank you for enlightening us....otherwise I may have been worried about you!!! Yes, next week's loss will look different, but it is still a great start to August, nonetheless!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    July 29 mini challenge
    Calories tracked and under
    Exercise 60 mins swimming
    So far this has been a fantastic week, just gotta keep the momentum for wednesday weigh in.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    July 29 mini challenge
    Exercise 60 mins swimming
    So far this has been a fantastic week, just gotta keep the momentum for wednesday weigh in.

I agree Vi! You are on target every day!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Although my official weigh is on Saturday I will make an exception to post today.

July 29th mini challenge

Weight 170.8 last week's weigh in 171 point Something lol
    Exercise was walking for three hours today and hoping to get in a 40 min workout (I do the insanity program from beachbody with Shaun t) and at least 20 min of kickboxing.
    Drank 1 liter of water, hoping to get another 1 liter by the end of the night but not sure if I can.

I hope I did this right ...I'm new
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Although my official weigh is on Saturday I will make an exception to post today.

July 29th mini challenge

Weight 170.8 last week's weigh in 171 point Something lol
    Exercise was walking for three hours today and hoping to get in a 40 min workout (I do the insanity program from beachbody with Shaun t) and at least 20 min of kickboxing.
    Drank 1 liter of water, hoping to get another 1 liter by the end of the night but not sure if I can.

I hope I did this right ...I'm new

Hey, Stephanie. It's been a while since you posted a weight (you posted your starting weight on Tuesday the 24th), so I can appreciate that you are getting a little anxious. However, because this Challenge runs from Sunday to Saturday, the difference between weighing in on Saturday and weighing in on Sunday is 6 days. You have lost 0.6 of a pound so far, so you are doing great!! However, weigh-in again on Saturday the 4th, and that will be the weight I enter for the first week of the August Challenge.
This discussion has been closed.