16:8 beginner

Options
EllieWray1111
EllieWray1111 Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Newbie IF 16:8 looking for buddies doing IF for health, weight loss, T2 reversal. I just started 4 days ago and I LOVE this new lifestyle.

Looking forward to connecting with you and sharing tips and encouragement!

Replies

• lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what is T2 reversal?
  • EllieWray1111
    Options
    Sent my request!
  • EllieWray1111
    Options
    lenkearney wrote: »
    what is T2 reversal?

Type 2 diabetes. ☺ I'm prediabetic and looking for a long term lifestyle that will help me dodge that bullet.
  • lenkearney
    Options
    Good plan !

Also new to IF. So far finding it easier but not seeing any weight loss ☹️

Been on many diets- hopefully this works for a lifetime.
  • LatriciaShelby
    LatriciaShelby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the 16:8 2 days ago eating between 12 and 8. So far so good. Sticking to a 12 calorie diet and 5 work outs a week.
  • lenkearney
    edited September 2017
    Options
    12 calories !!! I AM impressed! :p
  • BeckyGQ
    BeckyGQ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of days ago as well. I'm doing 12:8 starting at 10 am - I'm doing somewhere between 1200-1500 calories depending on how the day goes. Are you guys working out during your fasting or your eating hours?
  • BeckyGQ
    BeckyGQ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I just realized this is from 2017.
  • lady_of_steele
    lady_of_steele Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @BeckyGQ , I just started IF about the same time you did, on 16:8 from 11am-7pm. I'm also between 1200 and 1500 calories so far. I've been working out during my eating hours, but I'm going to move workouts from three days this week to the fasting hours and see how it goes.

Have you adjusted your workout times since your post? If so, how's it going?
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    BeckyGQ wrote: »
    Oh no, I just realized this is from 2017.

That’s ok... I just got here today. We can always pick up where others left off and build our own little support group with whoever is here.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    @BeckyGQ and @lady_of_steele, are you still here?
  • KingCable
    KingCable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started IF 16:8 on the 24th of April. My feeding window is between Noon and 8pm. I am on day 6. I have been working out three times a week and have adjusted my work out times to coincide with an hour prior to the break of my fast. I've been told it is very important to get protein in your body between 30 minutes and 1 hour after working out. This greatly aids in muscle and body recovery. My weight however has been fluctuating. I started IF to break off the plateau I have been on. I need to be more mindful of my caloric intake. I look forward to any advice, support, or suggestions and of course success stories.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been IF for a year I love the flexibility and it has helped me stop yo yo dieting
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is my first week on intermittent fasting. It has combined very well with my low carb diet. I'm really happy with it.
  • Inspire2019
    Inspire2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am only recently returned to MFP and started 16:8. I am a 44 year old female looking for encouragement and support on this journey. Add me, please.