AUGUST 2018 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• missalasttime
    missalasttime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN ROCKING KETO FOR TWO WEEKS ALMOST AND I JUST JOINED BOOTCAMP SO IM HOPING TO GET LEAN.IM HOPING TO AT LEAST LOSE 10 POUNDS BY THE END OF AUGUST.

STARTING WEIGHT JULY 19 230
    CURRENT WEIGHT JULY 31 226
    AUGUST GOAL 216 OR MORE.
    GOAL WEIGHT 130
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 I like this idea. I have to give some thought to things I can do without. It may likely be dairy. I'll decide by tomorrow morning.

I'm crazy busy lately. I'll catch up tomorrow. Bring on AUGUST!!!
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I went on a bit of a bender in July, with my bday, my partners bday, and a vacay to Seattle where I ate at least my weight in oysters. Time to get back on track!
    My goals for August are to log every day and keep to my calorie goal, keep my net carbs ~30, and exercise 6 days / week.
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight on 7/31: 205.2
    Goal weight by 8/31: 190

Sunday 08/05:
    Sunday 08/12:
    Sunday 08/19:
    Sunday 08/26:

Wrapping up August 08/31:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Keto May SW: 174
    Current Weight: 158
    August Goal: 155
    Goal Weight: 145

Sunday 08/05
    Sunday 08/12
    Sunday 08/19
    Sunday 08/26
    Friday 08/31

I want to start working out more again, up my water and electrolytes and reduce leg cramps.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I’ve been toying with the idea of cutting caffeine out of my diet. I’m thinking the of pulling the trigger on this drastic change tomorrow, Tuesday, 1 August. I’m wondering if there are any other crazies out there who want to join a challenge to make a drastic change tomorrow. If you want to join in just post, “I Quit ________ Today!”, on this thread. I’m going to post today as an example.

I Quit Coffee Today!

I will also update you with my progress on quitting coffee when I post my first weight check on Sunday, 5 August. Curious to see what and if any of you have habits, addictions or behaviors you are wanting to eliminate for the sake of better health.

Not sure how much caffeine you consume a day, but be aware of withdrawal headaches - I have quit caffeine in the past and dealt with about two weeks of headaches. It gets better but really sucks at the beginning.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 I only drink 2 cups of java in the wee early morn, and dont think I'm ready to give that up yet as I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my keto coffee with butter & unsweetened dark cocoa....you might say its my chocolate fix every morning!! I haven't indulged in alcohol (since starting keto) because I think it seriously sabatoges ALL my weight loss efforts and to me it's just not worth it right now.

However I like your idea, wish you well, and will be watching your posts & updates to see how you do and what you think of it over the next few weeks. Personally I can't think of anything I really want to give up right now...but kudos to YOU!

Began Keto: March 20
    Starting weight: 225

Wed 8/1: 186.0 (+ .8 from 7/31)
    Sun 8/5:
    Sun 8/12:
    Sun 8/19:
    Sun 8/26:
    Finish Aug (Fri 8/31):

August goal 10 lbs (175.2)
    Aug walking goal 150 miles
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Goals: 28" waist - 154 lbs - 17% bf

8/1 - 30" - 157 - 18.4%
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I Quit Coffee Today! I’ve done this several times in the past and I’ve always managed to slowly let coffee creep back into my daily habit. At least now I only drink it in the morning. When I was working (retired now) I drank coffee all day and even in the evenings. So, I don’t think it will be as hard to stop this time. I anticipate headaches and other symptoms.

However, I never really had keto flu when I started keto seven months ago. Maybe I’ll have similar luck with coffee withdrawal syndromes???????? :# Anyone else want to quit something today?
  • juxtapose1
    juxtapose1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been yo-yoing between 184-195 for years. This past week I switched my diet to keto and have been steadily losing! I'm losing fairly slowly, but still figuring out my macros and how to stay within/around. Goal this month is to lose 8lbs.

Current Weight: 183
    August Goal: less than 175
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday 08/05:
    Sunday 08/12:
    Sunday 08/19:
    Sunday 08/26:

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Here we go! I'm switching to Carnivore for the month of August and also not tracking for the month. Should be interesting.

To finish off July 7/31: 208.5

Sunday 08/05:
    Sunday 08/12:
    Sunday 08/19:
    Sunday 08/26:

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I Quit Coffee Today! I’ve done this several times in the past and I’ve always managed to slowly let coffee creep back into my daily habit. At least now I only drink it in the morning. When I was working (retired now) I drank coffee all day and even in the evenings. So, I don’t think it will be as hard to stop this time. I anticipate headaches and other symptoms.

However, I never really had keto flu when I started keto seven months ago. Maybe I’ll have similar luck with coffee withdrawal syndromes???????? :# Anyone else want to quit something today?

@stormywxs288
    I have quit......DAIRY! I picked up some non-dairy creamer for my decaf espresso in the mornings. Other than that, the hard part is going to be butter & cheese for sure. How many days does August have?!

Although I have less inflammation in my knees than when I started keto, there's still a fair amount, to the point that I can't kneel all the way down onto my heels. There aren't any other foods I eat that could be causing it, so I'm giving up dairy in hopes to eliminate it as a suspect. Sorry but life without dairy isn't life for me. It may just be from old injuries but I'm determined to find out one way or another.

For August I've tasked myself with getting to 10 proper push-ups. A few months ago I could NOT do a single one. I am currently up to 1/2 of a push-up. Lol

Here's some 1st of the month motivation for you all.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1815002675217026&id=177950145588962
  • dlaforest59
    dlaforest59 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A few bumps in July but overall a healthy success. Feeling positive going into August. Looking forward to a much needed beach vacation in a few weeks!! B)

Keto SW : 211 (6/27/18)
    Healthy Goal: 160
    Aug Goal: 195
    Current wt. 202

Sunday 08/05
    Sunday 08/12
    Sunday 08/19
    Sunday 08/26
    Fri. 08/31
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I like to have the entire month recorded. So here I am:

Starting weight in May: 210.4
    Goal by end of August: 183.0
    Goal by Oct 19th: 179.0

August 1st: 186.8 (I never thought I’d see this number so fast!!! I LOVE keto!)
    Sunday 08/05
    Sunday 08/12
    Sunday 08/19
    Sunday 08/26
    Friday 08/31

• bacon_pancakes81
    bacon_pancakes81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready! I think I'll make my August goal 8 lbs...let's see if I can do it!

Starting weight: 265
    Current weight: 239
    End of August goal: 231

To finish off July 7/28 ( I weigh on Saturdays): 239

Sunday 08/05:
    Sunday 08/12:
    Sunday 08/19:
    Sunday 08/26:

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    June and July were both terrible for me... I was doing lazy keto and that apparently does not work for me. Especially when I go on vacation and get kicked out of ketosis.

I've been fasting this week, attempting to get my blood sugars back under control. So hopefully this month, doing (mostly) strict keto again, I will lose 8 lbs. That is my goal.

Sunday 8/5:
    Sunday 8/12:
    Sunday 8/19:
    Sunday 8/26:

Good luck everyone!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    June and July were both terrible for me... I was doing lazy keto and that apparently does not work for me. Especially when I go on vacation and get kicked out of ketosis.

I've been fasting this week, attempting to get my blood sugars back under control. So hopefully this month, doing (mostly) strict keto again, I will lose 8 lbs. That is my goal.

Sunday 8/5:
    Sunday 8/12:
    Sunday 8/19:
    Sunday 8/26:

Good luck everyone!

Fingers crossed. We have got this!!