August 2018 LC Basics Challenge: Week 1 (8/1-8/7)

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    8/1 results:

log 1/31
    calories 1/31
    carbs 1/31
    exercise 1/31 - yoga + walking
  • Bimby46
    Bimby46 Posts: 33 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Goals: Week One

Calorie range :)
    Net Carb range :)
    Water :)
    Exercise :)
    Steps. :)
    Live each day with purpose :)
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Aug 1

Log all food. 🙂
    Meet Calorie Goal. 🙂
    Stretch daily. 🙂 plus foam roller
    Exercise 3x per week. 🙂 1 down
    Live purposefully. 🙂 scheduled 4 tmrw

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone here has the premium version of MFP? If so, is it a lot better? Does it show the net carbs? I have thought about trying it but not sure. I guess it allows you to customize more?
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Aug 1
    Logged - yep and under calories
    Macros- under carb (but also fat/protein - need to work on that)
    Exercise - yep -- 5:30 am boot camp class
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My goal is to maintain my weight loss with 5 lbs wiggle room. This has always been the hardest for me to do. I know how to lose weight, but keeping it off eludes me.
    So, whatever it takes, I'm going to do it.

Exercise
    Weigh/Track food
    Sleep enough
    Take some "me" time
    Start going back to yoga classes

Aug 1 Results:
    Not that great. Didn't make it to gym, but did take that me time.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    8/1
    Sleep - Fair
    Water - :+1:
    Food - :+1:
    Exercise - :+1:
    Gratitude - :+1:

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    maureli wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here has the premium version of MFP? If so, is it a lot better? Does it show the net carbs? I have thought about trying it but not sure. I guess it allows you to customize more?

@Sabine_Stroehm
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Here's another procedure I'll be adding to my daily activities. Besides getting my 250+ steps in at the beginning of each hour, I will be getting at least 100 steps every time I get up for any reason. At least 100 steps if I get up to use the bathroom. At least 100 steps if I get up to answer the phone or door. Etc. If I get up for 3 reasons during the hour I'll be getting 550 steps per hour as a minimum.

ETA: This might be a bridge too far. When I got up to come to the computer to post this, I did 100 steps. After posting, I again got up to go elsewhere and realized I owed myself another 100 steps. Now I'm wondering if I can keep this up for all of August.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

@Sabine_Stroehm
    Thanks @baconslave
    Hi @maureli
    I *just* upgraded to premium over the weekend, to give me some new motivation.
    I don't *think* there's a way to do net carbs, I still use tamper monkey for that. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have.
    You CAN use grams instead of percents and build your calorie goal that way, which is neat. and you can change the appearance so Macros are what you see at the top. Looks like this:
    xwkdoluk1767.jpeg

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Try Cronometer. It can be set to net OR total carbs even in the free version. Paid versions are monthly, semi-annual or annual.
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    Day #2 and I hit all my goals about the same as yesterday. Gooooooo, ME!
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    8/2 Day #2

✔️=/< Carb Goal
    ✔️=/<Calorie Goal
    😫Hit Minimum Steps
    😫7-8 Hours of Sleep
    ✔️Log Everything
    ✔️No Food After Supper
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Aug 2

Log all food. 🙂

Meet Calorie Goal. 🙂

Stretch daily. 🙂

Exercise 3x per week. 🙂 still 1 down. We started in the middle of the week so I guess I will go Wednesday to Wednesday.

Live purposefully. 🙂 did pretty well! Got a call that there was a cancellation at my dr's office so I had to shift my schedule around that, but I was very productive today. Scheduling tmrw too.

• jogetsgains
    Options
    @maureli I googled that question a while back. It does not do net carbs. The suggestion was to use another app but I just look at the nutrition chart and subtract for myself. Has to be easier than using 2 apps or starting over in a new one.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A daily basics thread sounds perfect for where I’m at. My plan:

Eat below carb goal
    Make whole food choices
    Eat below or at maintenance calories
    Strength 3x and jog/sprint 2x weekly
    Keep NEAT high
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    8/2 results:

log 2/31
    calories 1/31 - over today by just over 300...so, a bit out of line, need to work on that
    carbs 2/31
    exercise 2/31 - plyo + walking
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I need a re-do on yesterday Aug 2. I did at least track all 4k calories I ate. Overall, still very low carb. Don't know what caused it really. I wasn't overly hungry. Need to examine my emotions from yesterday.
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    My wild scheme to walk 100 steps whenever I get up for anything is hereby abandoned. Doing those 100 steps gives me just enough time to completely forget why I got up in the first place! :D Just another proof of getting old.

My new plan is to get the minimum of 10 minutes of activity in at the beginning of each even hour. Fitbit records activity but only if it is 10 minutes or more. Hence, at 8:00, 10:00, noon, etc., I'll extend my 250 steps to whatever it takes to record active minutes.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I hear ya @PamamaJane. I'm "working on it" this 1st week to establish some sort of "goal" for reporting purposes to be an active participant but the bottom line is...I just need to move more. :/ (aside from my involuntary Dystonia movements :p ).

I was wonderfully active during weight loss and periodically the last 4 years but general circumstance/habit/comfort take over sometimes. I've determined (for me) the extreme lack of general movement ultimately creates more "aches and pains" than intentional movement/exercise/activity.

Right now I'm into successive approximation towards a final goal and that final goal (as a number or something measureable) is yet to be determined. :)