Leslie Sansone August 2018 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

The August Walk Challenge is starting tomorrow, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors in the heat, and for some of us that definitely means triple digit temperatures :noway: will continue on into August B) . Because of the warmer weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors and have the opportunity to do so during the cooler part of the day/ evening.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
If you are new to the monthly challenge please feel free to start today... then by the end of this month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in.

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in, and let's start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month <3 .

I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

So now... let us lace up those walking shoes and remember to get our water... while we begin to walk into August of 2018!

Let us walk with determination and extra hydration :drinker:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• texasgardnr
    Options
    I'm in for August also! My goal is to do a workout/ walk, however I do it, for a minimum of 5 days a week.

August 1st: 85 minutes outside walk (with my neighbor who challenges me to go further sometimes :sweat_smile: ).

Walk, walk, walk,
    :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    6.58/120

6.58 miles golfing this morning.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @ktmom19 :smile:
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    7 Miles: 5 Fat Burning Miles with miles #3 & 4 twice

7 of 130 miles
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome @Ktmom19! Great goal and it is awesome that you have recently joined MFP and moving toward your healthy goals!

@VeggieGirlforLife, So proud of you for continuing on with your exercise even while still recovering from the accident. This has been a long haul for you. Wishing you a full recovery soon.

@PinkyPan1, great golfing mileage! Well done!

August 2nd: 3 miles: Burn to the Beat

B) stay hydrated while walking strong :sweat_smile:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another 100 Miles.

Welcome @Ktmom19, Happy have you join us.

@VeggieGirlforLife, Check Jessica Smith's YouTube page. I remember seeing some bodyweight video by her.
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome @Deeder522 , @texasgardnr , @VeggieGirlforLife

August 2 - 3 miles with Leslie Sansone (it was stormy)
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Thank you @AnnofB! I am trying to rise above the injuries and do what I am able to do. It's such a challenge to have limitations and pain. It's made me more sympathetic to people who have injuries, that is for sure!

@Deeder522 I will have a look at her workouts. Thanks for the recommendation!

Tonight: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles

11 of 130 miles
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    11.36/100

4.78 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    VeggieGirlforLIfe, there's a great website called "hasfit" that has free workouts, lot's of workouts. I bet they have some body resistance workouts that might work for you.

Good luck!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Boosted Miles!

16 of 130 miles

Thank you @AnnofB, I will check that out as well. Thank you!
  • Ktmom19
    Options
    Yesterday I got home late from work so I ended up doing a yoga workout. 2/5 Workouts for week done 🙂
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    17.24/120

5.88 miles golfing this morning.
  • Ktmom19
    Options
    Swimming for 45 minutes. 3/5 workouts.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    9 Miles: Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles + 5 Fat Burning Miles

25 of 130 miles
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I didn't do well at tracking in July. Hopefully I'll do better this month. My goal this month is not related to miles. I recently purchased Leslie's Walk It Off in 30 Days and thought it would be fun to do in August. It alternates cardio (Burn 30) and strength training (Firm 30) days with Sunday for rest. I'm definitely enjoying it so far. I took measurements on the 1st out of curiosity since I am still eating at a deficit. I only lost 2 lbs. in July but hadn't measured at all. It will be interesting to see if the measurements change at the end of the month.

8/1 Burn 30
    8/2 Firm 30, plus a lieusurely walk
    8/3 Burn 30
    8/4 Firm 30, plus some walking
    8/5 planned rest day (We'll see how that goes)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    25.24/120

8.00 miles golfing this morning.