Keto Tips + Things I'd Wish I'd Known

Options
13»

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    oh and I refuse to use the scale, doing this to feel good, not be a barbie model. If you count calories, you will lose weight, it is science.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    jrmie333 wrote: »
    Some food flare up my autoimmune disease. Also I am discovering that some food sensitivities can make the weight stall. Dairy and cheese might not be my friends. Experimenting this week.

So week #2 cutting out all the milk, yogurt, cheese but heavy whipped cream, cream cheese and coconut milk. Also curry paste brought from store is bad for me. Higher fat seems to work as long as it is higher than proteins and carbs of that day. Found ways to incorporate fat with eating sardines, keto friendly cakes and breads. We will see how this week goes.

I ended up also cutting whipped cream, and cream cheese. For now i am also cutting coconut and almond to test ome theories. Since cutting dairy though, im feeling much better, less heavier, less bloated. I am also trying clean keto until the rest of the month because once again i have stalled. I wanted to start walking but those rains are so heavy.
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Some food flare up my autoimmune disease. Also I am discovering that some food sensitivities can make the weight stall. Dairy and cheese might not be my friends. Experimenting this week.

Have you ever done a Whole 30?

No I have never done it. Is there a keto version of it @skinnydiane66 ?
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Honestly my hunger is gone, I only eat 2 meals a day. I was the hungriest bear in the woods before I started, and now I have to force myself to eat. It is such a nice change. All the diet myths that we thought were true are false. In fact grains and carbs are what cause inflammation and they are making us sick. There is so much science backing this up. On the short time I have been on Keto, I can see now this is the solution to my portion control, hunger problems. I always thought I was doing so well eating so many veggies, turns out veggies are part of the problem and have lots of carbs. Crazy but I am quite confident this will be a new lifestyle for me. Yay for never being hungry!!

I agree with you. I am not that hungry neither but since I am nursing I have to. Either way you are right carbs and grains are the worst. It is funny that my endocrinologist is also doing keto and actually recommended keto for me to help with hormonal issues. You will see that they will start to recognize keto when they will be able to start making money out of it. Until then, they won't at least not officially. But WE know the truth.
  • nelbel43
    nelbel43 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My number 1 tip is EAT MORE FAT!!! This is not a high protein diet! I started eating a lot of protein and fat but I noticed when I lowered my protein and ate more fat, I lost more weight!

HOW??
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Very informative, I have also increased fat decreased protein better for kidneys. I read mg. and potassium important. I am eating plenty of hidden salt so at times I use the no salt it has mg and potassium. Heard cramping may happen and dill pickle juice or mustard helps.
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Things I wish I knew....mct oil should be started in VERY small doses and increase slowly. I bought some last week for the first time...took 2 tablespoons in coffee for a week. Today....bad bad bad
    Vomiting and ALL the other stuff...yuck
    Be careful with mct oil :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with planning your meals, and having some go-to snacks handy. I have 3-4 meals I have every week, and then try a new recipe once a week. I aim to have each meal/snack in ratio (for me that's 70% fat/10% carb/20% protein). I also have a couple of fat bombs ready to go in the fridge just in case I haven't reached my goal by the end of the day.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I worried about MCT oil and started with 1/2 tbl. spoon for about three days. I then upped it to 1 tbl. spoon. After no issues I just pour an amount in my coffee without measuring so I don't need to clean the measuring spoon. I do recommend starting slow to pace yourself.